New Free Champions (Week 12)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kisr10

02-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
Actually the counts were based on the RP cost to unlock the Champions (so Ryze is Heroic and Teemo is Epic). I definitely am not trying to mislead anyone. I can easily publish future information based on the IP cost, if that's more useful to players. I'd be interested in hearing from others if that would be an improvement.

- RiotChris
I think it should be based on IP or at least something mixed with this arrangement because some champions have lesser RP costs than other champions who have the same IP cost like ryze and alistar: same ip cost but ryze has lower rp cost. and corki and kassadin, now this time corki costs 6300 ip and kassadin costs 3150 although they cost the same RP.

Zeoilvia

02-10-2010

Don't bother too much with this, new players won't have a clue about what's worth playing and people who've played for some time will know what to buy

shadowslice

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2010

week 13 (my idea):

fiddlesticks
shaco
twisted fate
tristana
nunu
sivir
master yi
nidalee
udyr
amumu

SlyGoat

02-10-2010

Heimerdinger Support

Nasus Melee DPS

...Eh?

RiotChris

Director of Publishing

02-10-2010
3 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
Heimerdinger Support

Nasus Melee DPS

...Eh?
You've read almost everything on the forums Goat - I'd be shocked if you missed this (what I linked to from my original post):

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
Q I don't think Alistar is a Tank
A Okay - not a question, but yes, thanks to our item system, Champions can be built different ways. That means many Champions can be played as different types (for example, as a Tank or Melee DPS). To keep things simple, we list only one type for each Champion in our statistics, but many of them can be played differently than the type we
-RiotChris

Tonberry

02-10-2010

Now everygame has a Karthus and Blitz, never have I stacked magic resist so much in my games :\

ImTheSky

02-10-2010

you guys are awsome :]

too bad i dont use those champions >.> and riot keep doing your best!

DProism

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2010

I think Gragas should cost less considering hes under powered right now hard to consider him worth 3150 IP and my precious Tryndamere is useless now hes been nerfed like 3 times
Soon people complaining over Hiemer missles will take him away from me also

DProism

02-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by kisr10 View Post
I think it should be based on IP or at least something mixed with this arrangement because some champions have lesser RP costs than other champions who have the same IP cost like ryze and alistar: same ip cost but ryze has lower rp cost. and corki and kassadin, now this time corki costs 6300 ip and kassadin costs 3150 although they cost the same RP.
completly agree with you on the IP costs i wondered why some of them had the same RP cost but the IP cost was different. I don't understand the method they are using to balance pricing its a little bit confusing
It would be so much easier for people if you just made 1000RP = to $10 and 2500RP = $25 disregarding the bonuses that you give with it, but i had to pull out a calculator to figure out the costs of each hero to see if it was worth buying wit RP or earning it with IP
troublesome because they werent easy numbers

GG Crono

02-10-2010

I'd like to see Nidalee in the rotation again.