AD Teemo: Toggle the Scout!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

T0ggle

02-10-2010

It has come to my attention that my buddys and people that play with me or against me have been asking me to teach them how to play teemo well.
So in this guide i'll be posting my skill path, item build, summoner spells, masteries, runebook and extra thoughts, but I will not be posting his Bio or skill tooltips because I feel that is a big waste of time.(For those of you who wish to know, I felt there was to many teemo guides already and that is why I didn't post this earlier.)

Rate my guide when your done reading it, and if you like it do me a favor, give thumbs down to all the trollers on my thread because its getting out of control.

With that being said here is the skill path I have chosen
1.Toxic Shot
2.Blind Dart
3.Toxic Shot
4.Move Quick
5.Toxic Shot
6.Noxious Trap
7.Toxic Shot
8.Blind Dart
9.Toxic Shot
10.Blind Dart
11.Noxious Trap
12.Blind Dart
13.Blind Dart
14.Move Quick
15.Move Quick
16.Noxious Trap
17.Move Quick
18.Move Quick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toggle
Max out Toxic shot first because its your main source of harassment and lane controlling. Blind dart next so you can anticipate the enemys basic attacks against you and stop ranged attacks from someone like ashe for a short while, allowing you to either hit them back or continue to control your lane in minion count. At least 1 skill in movequick so when you warp back to shop you can activate it to quickly get back to your lane or move across the map. You want to always be the one to control AD carrys from dealing damage to your team in a fight while still getting a shroom or two in. Make sure to always place shrooms strategicly so that you may damage an enemy running though the jungle as if it were a highway allowing your team to suround and ambush the low hp victim. Also use blind and exhaust to keep at least 2 enemys from hitting with basic attacks on your group of friendlys during a teamfight, or save exhaust for when they are going to escape your group nuke. Utilize move quick in dangerous situations to haul ass out of the area you are currently in and quickly escape any enemy within the area.
My item build consists of
healer/regen counter build
Vampiric scepter
Beserkers boots
executioners calling
Zeal
Infinity edge
phantom dancer
The Black Cleaver or bloodthirster
bloodthirster or The black cleaver(wich ever you didn't get before)

Regular build
Vampiric scepter
Beserkers boots
Bloodthirster
zeal
infinity edge
phantom dancer
bloodthirster
the black cleaver

Quote:
Vampiric scepter is best used at start instead of something like doran's low teir items because healing with the lifesteal is easy considering your harassing constantly with basic attacks. Beserkers boots next before you get uppgrades because you'll need the speed combined with movequick to get around the map fast. Zeal after BT or Executioners because it provides small bonus to speed, crit and attack speed. Infinity edge to start maxing out your lifesteal gain while still having that good 250% crit damage bonus. With exectioners calling and bloodthirster you'll have over 35% lifesteal combined with your ad count should keep you fully healed after just around 3-4hits. The black cleaver to keep anyone even tanks at either half to zero armor.
Summoner spells
Exhaust - Best used so that the enemy can't run away from your attacks but can also be used as a way to keep the enemy from hitting you with basic attacks for up to 7seconds.
Exhaust also provides moderate armor penetration wich can keep your attacks hitting hard.
Rally - Best used when the enemy plays very aggressive and decides to take you on in close range, or when in a group and your team needs healing support to take down a tower or have an advantage in an all out battle of 5v5.

Quote:
Other spells just don't cut it for teemo, these 2 spells pose the biggest threat early to mid to late game, early game you can use both of them to overpower the enemy in a 1v1 battle were as late game these can be used to keep your team at top damage, while still keeping 2 people blinded at the same time. this makes the enemy team very wary of your abilitys, and you will be targeted more often for it.
Masteries - 21/9/0
3Deadliness
1Cripple
4Alacrity
3Sunder
2Offensive Mastery
3Brute Force
3Lethality
1Improved Rally
1Havoc
~
3Hardiness
1Resistance
4Evasion
1Nimbleness

Quote:
None of wich should be explained, this build focuses on all damage like most of my guides. you want to get masteries in both exhaust and rally for the extra buffs in those fields. you also want to get havoc for the 5% more ad, and masteries in defense for the dodge+movement speed on dodging an attack.
Runebook
Marks 9 "Greater Mark of Alacrity" +1.7%attack speed each = 15.3%!
Seals 9 "Greater Seal of Evasion" +0.75Dodge each = 6.75%!
Glyphs 9 "Greater Glyph of Alacrity" +0.64%attack speed each = 5.76%!
Quintessences 3 "Greater Quintessence of Evasion" +1.5%dodge each = 4.5%!
Our total effect = +21%attack speed and +11% dodge!

Quote:
Early game it will start you off with nearly 1.0attack speed and 16%dodge, but late game provides that 1.75attack speed and 36% dodge! These runes are essential to survival up against other AD champions.
Early game tips
If the enemy team decides to put AD champions in mid, take solo for yourself.
Make sure to stealth away from the dragon but still in the mid of the lane to were you can ambush the enemy if they are stupid enough.(normaly they aren't dumb enough but do get in range of 1 hit) poisen the champion run back a bit and start poisening the whole group of minions, make sure to get last hits in and try to stay on top if minion kills for your lane. harass with basic attacks and let the poisen do the rest of the damage, if done correctly the enemy will be wasting HP pots and you'll be gaining HP from lifesteal effects.

Mid game tips
With shrooms in hand try placing them in pathways between the other teams lizard and your own lane, while still using them as wards in both bushes between your lane.
This will make it easier for you to see them come and go to lizard, be used as a baiting method, and can severly ruin chances of ganking for the enemy team.

Late game tips
Hit minions to gain health quickly if your running on low on hp, heck even jungle if ya have too. Try to get lizard buff for the slow on hit effect and golem for the CDR on your shrooming.
Still use shrooms but use them more as an effective scouting method, be sure to plant them away from bushes because enemys tend to knotice your teemo and will normaly go into the bush to kill the shrooms but always go around the bush to escape the shrooms. This way you shroom them when they are hoping not to get shroomed and occasionaly gets you a lucky kill.
If you plant a shroom near lizard kindove in the way of the path just after making an army, the enemy will go to clear the army then run through your shroom trying to make it back to their group, giving you the advantage in slowing effects so you can attack from the bushes and exhaust them for a good kill. This ganking method has proven very usefull for me in the past and I always end up getting a kill doing this in every game.

Screenshots
This will give you an idea of were to put those shrooms -
http://www.xfire.com/profile/farrisj...f505549076.png
http://www.xfire.com/profile/farrisj...6998f2494a.png

Video gameplay
Coming soon...

Extra thoughts - Coming soon...

Wall of shame
Donkeyballs,inept,mrSARS,inept

If you liked this guide take a look at my other guides -
Nasus_
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?p=173911
Shaco_
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=25473
Nidalee_
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=37420
Zilean_
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=43341
Gragas_
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=610365

KiefaH KiefaH

02-12-2010

Im going to try out your build in a few minutes. I think it might work tho

keftes

Recruiter

02-12-2010

If you start with vamp scepter isntead of doran's that means you're not last hitting = bad

Razerwind

02-12-2010

Good guide. I usually do Vamp Scepter first, then boots, then straight to Black Cleaver or Bloodthirster though. I love having the huge damage up front.

I think one aspect of Teemo that many players neglect is SPAMMING mushrooms. If you're Teemo, and you have mana, and your mushroom is ready, and you haven't used it, you're failing.

T0ggle

02-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by keftes View Post
If you start with vamp scepter isntead of doran's that means you're not last hitting = bad
lol?
Anyone getting dorans anything sucks, its a waste of 200gold resource when you've sold it and only helps early game laning, heck even then it sucks.
I wouldn't recommend dorans items or any other ****py related low tier item.

DonkeyBalls

02-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0ggle View Post
lol?
Anyone getting dorans anything sucks, its a waste of 200gold resource when you've sold it and only helps early game laning, heck even then it sucks.
Translation: "I am a noob."

IHelpPro

02-12-2010

It really depends on the enemy team whether to get vamp scepter as Item 1. If you see like twisted fate and you go mid you'll be out of EXP range 9 times out of 10 since wild card has obscene range. On the contrary, if you see ashe, you can keep her down with exhaust/blind very well.

T0ggle

02-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHelpPro View Post
It really depends on the enemy team whether to get vamp scepter as Item 1. If you see like twisted fate and you go mid you'll be out of EXP range 9 times out of 10 since wild card has obscene range. On the contrary, if you see ashe, you can keep her down with exhaust/blind very well.
I don't get that problem at all, if you keep control of minion count and still harass continueasly against TF your fine, because as soon as he runs to you you can get him behind your minions for support damage after he attacks with goldcard.
Exhaust still prevents him from running wich is what I use it for, blind before gold card, rally then exhaust to stop him from running.

IHelpPro

02-12-2010

Level 2 Wild cards at level 3 can force you out of EXP range. At least it can for me. And gold card stuns through blind T.T

MrSARS

02-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0ggle View Post
lol?

You are stupid. Doran's shield is a great starter item. I would like to know how many games you've played as teemo because obviously you haven't played him enough. Your build takes way to long to build and way to much gold. Yes teemo can farm it still takes at least 50mins to finish this build with decent k/d. straight damage is not always the best. You also don't get armor pen until late in the game early armor pen is great and it carries well to late game. But I have to say at least you aren't a malady noob teemo. And I looked at your profile 62 LEAVES !!!! you are an *******. And don't ever write a guide unless you have played a champ for at least 150 games.