Sniperness' Caitlyn - L2Wanted

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AIM7Sparrow

02-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eledhan View Post
I think you have missed the point...

Sniper's whole strategy is to use Caitlyn's extreme early game advantage to snowball into a phenomenal late game build based on auto attacks. His strategy is to build up her early game bonuses (Peacemaker) right of the bat, and then to focus on what wins games in the end (auto attack).

Actually, her skills are pitiful for team fights once they've started. Yeah, sure, Peacemaker works like a charm for poking, but after the fight is going? It sucks. Plain and simple.

In the 1 second it takes for you to charge up Peacemaker, you are going to get wasted by an opponent.

Sniper's concept of focusing on her abilities for the laning phase and auto attacks for the team fights is spot-on, and I have to say...I was making the mistake of trying to make her abilities so much better...

You do realize that an IE critical will deal more damage than a Peacemaker shot, right? In which case, IE + PD is much better than any other possible itemization you could come up with.
This is a near perfect explanation of my whole idea behind Caitlyn. I could never just explain it properly myself. Thank you. I'll post this in my main thread and give credit to you.

AIM7Sparrow

02-09-2011

Just played with a Caitlyn who ran exhaust and rushed a Zeal. T_T

Bump.

Eledhan

02-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniperness View Post
This is a near perfect explanation of my whole idea behind Caitlyn. I could never just explain it properly myself. Thank you. I'll post this in my main thread and give credit to you.
Absolutely! I love Caitlyn, but can't seem to justify getting her over Ashe.

I had considered writing a guide on Caitlyn using a similar format as my Team Queen guide for Ashe, but after reading yours I'm thinking that I might not bother since yours is so good.

Excellent guide!

RadMage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2011

not to be rude but you never take ad runes over armor pen.

AIM7Sparrow

02-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by behemoth19 View Post
not to be rude but you never take ad runes over armor pen.
I disagree. With a champion like Caitlyn, it's all about setting up a strong early game for yourself so you can stay ahead of the competition in the late game and let it snowball to you. With the 10 armor pen quints and the 6 from masteries you will be shearing through most enemies' base armor values. That added 9 damage from the reds and 3 from your masteries gives you a considerably strong early game auto-attack and Q, and that combined with Cait's insane range makes her a very tough champion to lane again.

If you take armor pen reds you will be doing considerably less damage early game, which has the potential to ruin your late game. Think about this point the next time you die to an opposing solo mid with them only having 20 HP left.

Myronas

02-25-2011

I'm a new player, I enjoy this game and especially the ranged champions: Miss Fortune, Ashe and my favorite, Caitlyn.
I'd like to thank you for this guide, it helps me improve my skills fast.
If I may request, I think it would be most interesting to expand the "Advanced Techniques" section some more, when possible.

AIM7Sparrow

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myronas View Post
I'm a new player, I enjoy this game and especially the ranged champions: Miss Fortune, Ashe and my favorite, Caitlyn.
I'd like to thank you for this guide, it helps me improve my skills fast.
If I may request, I think it would be most interesting to expand the "Advanced Techniques" section some more, when possible.
No problem!

And yeah I will add some more techniques soon. Some things are kind of hard to describe in words though so it might be hard. I will get around to it though.

mojib

02-28-2011

This Caitlyn guide seems very well thought out. So far the only people disagreeing are those who didn't really take the time to properly read the OP or are blinding shooting it down. I wish I had Cait so I could give this guide a shot :S

And your advice about escaping with traps is pretty spot on. One time a Rammus was chasing me up mid and I nailed him twice with traps I placed ahead of me while running and got away (tried this back when she was free).

Another trick is to place a trap then net a chasing enemy if you need to gain a bit more distance. If you time both the placement and the net right, the enemy will end up walking into the trap as it activates.

ThetaSigma

02-28-2011

Nice guide, you should post it on Mobafire.

AIM7Sparrow

02-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaSigma View Post
Nice guide, you should post it on Mobafire.
Thanks. And nah I'm too lazy/don't care about mobafire. Lol.

LoL Forums are good enough for me.