1 Day IP and XP Boosts Available in the Upcoming Patch

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aekero

02-10-2010

Yes, let's all complain about getting more options, especially based on server performance for the last few days.

I for one will be buying 1 day ip boosts, I can't set aside 3 or 5 days of more than perhaps 2-3 games a day, but I could probably get a full day of games in once in a while. Thumbs up, and ip boosts based on games would be nice as well.

Ryze Katana

02-10-2010

Voted! I hope we win!!!

FrozenStorm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2010

Anyone here already installed the patch? Can you confirm the boost costs?

Barges

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2010

IP Boosts: 290/520/1846 (Per 1/3/14 days)
EXP Boosts: 150/260/520 per 1/3/14 days.
Thats all.

*all prices in rp of course .

I think one day sux, two days will be better (for weekends :P).

RiotChris

Director of Publishing

02-10-2010
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta View Post
Good news!

Any ETA on boosts based on games-played and not on time?
This is something we want to do. We wanted to get 1 day boosts our in the near-term because it's something that players have requested. Stay tuned for information on boosts that are based on playing, not time.

- RiotChris

wackygamer

02-10-2010

So for $5 you can basically get 3 Days, but for near to $3 you only get 1 day?

Yea, that seems to make sense to me

Seeing as 520 divided by 3 is clearly 290

I could see 190, or 220

but 290?

I'll just stick with the 3 Day one, that is covenient for my Wallet, which is my time
..in General.

Because even if I dont get to play all of the 2nd day, I can come back most of the 3rd

Thats like going to buy a Meal at Mcdonalds, and getting the Tiny Meal for more then half of the cost

when you could by a Double Cheeseburger and a Drink and pay a Dollar less

Riot, I love your game.. but that sure isnt gonna sell well for that price.

(A Soda Machine = $1 a Drink, if Soda Machines sold them for $3 a Drink.. they wouldnt do to well)

RiotChris

Director of Publishing

02-10-2010
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wackygamer View Post
Thats like going to buy a Meal at Mcdonalds, and getting the Tiny Meal for more then half of the cost

when you could by a Double Cheeseburger and a Drink and pay a Dollar less

Riot, I love your game.. but that sure isnt gonna sell well for that price.

(A Soda Machine = $1 a Drink, if Soda Machines sold them for $3 a Drink.. they wouldnt do to well)
I think getting a discount for buying more of something is fairly standard.

To take your bait - a McDonalds small is 12oz and costs $1.19, a large is 32oz and costs $1.99 (where I live). You get a much better deal if you buy, call it, 3 meals worth of soda. So if McDonalds pricing is the gold standard, the 1 day boosts should be more to get the pricing proportions right.

We'll look at how popular the boosts are, and if they don't sell, we can rethink the pricing.

- RiotChris

Riohclem

02-10-2010

Thanks Riot! Couldn't ask for anything better cuz I didn't ask for anything at all. Guess other people were askin. Anyways. GO RIOT! Remember to vote for RIOT in the rewards and keep voting to keep the lead in some categories, and to steal the lead in others!. The votes end like at FEB 15, Just a few days more, GOTTA HURRY! Too bad you can only vote once per day per IP...hint hint.

And Chris is right. It's like buying a king size chocolate bar rather then 2 regular chocolate bars.. or buying in bulk and stock, or buying at cosco. The more you buy the more bang for your buck, that's how marketing all across America, millions of products are marketed and sold like that.

Umpathud

02-10-2010

yeah good to get the stuff but why only for riot points thats stupid some ppl dont have money to just blow on a game same for soem of the bundles and all that everything should be available with ip points just stupid zzzzzzzz

wackygamer

02-10-2010

Lol what about free refills? and Large Dollar Drinks?

I can get a Large sweet tea or soda for a Dolla where I live..

If you sold the boosts for 150-200, that would make people more incouraged to buy Riot points

.. because there points would last longer!

Gotta think about the peeps with a budget , ya kno.. the cheap folk!

(To Note, I am Cheap.. but ive spent 50 dollars on this game (skins/boosts/gifts to friends) in a span of 4 months, you get yo money.. but lets make it fair for both sides!)