How exactly was Ryze buffed?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theorycrafter

02-22-2011

Bump - still not convinced.

Lord of Asia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

Let me confirm here-
What you're saying is, that yes, New Ryze is technically better than Old Ryze in terms of late game stats.

However, New Ryze takes way too long to build, and because of Old Ryze's superior E/ R ultimate synergy, New Ryze's "buff" is not a buff at all because it takes way too long to actually matter.

Twilíght

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyzeWinnn View Post
It means you no longer QRWEQ and run. You can now R>Q>W>Q>E>Q > (2 seconds) > Q>W>Q>E>Q etc.
I think you mean, Q-R-Q-W-Q-E-Q-(no wait)-W-Q-E-Q

Theorycrafter

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Asia View Post
Let me confirm here-
What you're saying is, that yes, New Ryze is technically better than Old Ryze in terms of late game stats.

However, New Ryze takes way too long to build, and because of Old Ryze's superior E/ R ultimate synergy, New Ryze's "buff" is not a buff at all because it takes way too long to actually matter.
Basically, that, + the fact that I believe Riot didn't take into account how long team battles and average spell-by-spell delay last.

So while it *seems* strong on paper, it isn't that strong in practice.

Rinoa

eSports Coordinator

02-22-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I pinged Sniperness to post in this thread, he floats in the 1500's ELO but has been way higher up in the past.

He's been playing Ryze a TON in ranked games, I played a few with him and witnessed it myself. You just have to build him more on the tank side (see his match history for details) he goes banshee + frozen heart...page 6 is his ryze rune page

EDIT: argh he had like 9 ryze victories when I looked yesterday, he plays too much :P still valuable to look

Pureva

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-22-2011

Same overall damage output, but waaaaaay tankier. Seems like a buff to me.

Spitƒire

02-22-2011

Ryze is now about HP and Mana stacking.

Minion Kills

02-22-2011

Ryze is not really better or worse. As with all champions, his effectiveness is based on the skill of the player and the build. With the right build and some practice, he can be just as good as the old Ryze.

Theorycrafter

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post
I pinged Sniperness to post in this thread, he floats in the 1500's ELO but has been way higher up in the past.

He's been playing Ryze a TON in ranked games, I played a few with him and witnessed it myself. You just have to build him more on the tank side (see his match history for details) he goes banshee + frozen heart...page 6 is his ryze rune page

EDIT: argh he had like 9 ryze victories when I looked yesterday, he plays too much :P still valuable to look
Thank You Rinoa, for your input... however... I don't require help with itemization/runes ^^ I got several higher elo players up for that and from what I heard, they believe he really didn't better, in fact, worse, if you don't get going properly in the early-game.

Edit: The runes are quite the same, actually, just that he used /level mana than flat mana for 455 mana at 18 rather than 200+sh at level 1.

Robronie

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinoa View Post

good old sniper, jus' playin ranked for fun lol