The Wrenchmen's Toolbox - Common Fixes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Temper Wolf

02-02-2010

Intended that, sorry for the confusion.

ezpcn

02-06-2010

I have run the Downloader and when it get's to between 70-80% complete, it lags huge and takes forever to finish.
Once done, I stop the installer and clean out the .kick file
I run the LolInstaller and select the folder that contains the Setup files.
I get an error right away, "Pointer is NULL" (canvas.c/688)
If I try to run the Setup, I get another error right away, "CRC ERROR. LolClient.swf doesn't match the file in the Setup's .cab file."

Help please
;-)

KingHurin

02-07-2010

Alright, I have the Server Status:Unavailable issue. I've done everything that you suggested, and I still have this problem. I'm forced to use the Konami Code, which I really don't like using since it causes a white screen to appear in the lobby and a black screen in the shop. I've received absolutely no help in the topic I posted in, I would greatly appreciate it if someone actually took the time to help me resolve this issue.

Acrimony

02-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingHurin View Post
Alright, I have the Server Status:Unavailable issue. I've done everything that you suggested, and I still have this problem. I'm forced to use the Konami Code, which I really don't like using since it causes a white screen to appear in the lobby and a black screen in the shop. I've received absolutely no help in the topic I posted in, I would greatly appreciate it if someone actually took the time to help me resolve this issue.
ive had this problem too.. with no help, ive tried everything please that white screen is annoying

Knight Of Seven

02-25-2010

After Champion Select, the game crashes
1. Did you copy someone else's install? You need to reinstall LoL
2. Double check your security settings with the tips above
3. Make sure your Direct X is fully updated.

Im having an issue that is about the same way..It was working fine and now it isn't.
Right after the champ select it goes to black screen and makes ding sound then sends me to Waiting for stats instead of VS screen or into the match.....

Also You forgot the main issue that all PPl with norton have..LOL.EXE stopped by SONAR....
Click HISTORY / LOL.EXE (More info) / Options (Restore File) / Exclude from scans (BOX)
Will fix issue until next patch...

Panet it Comedet

03-01-2010

you did forgot somthing really simple but usefull:
If yougame Client thinks its funny to freeze you computer:
play in windowed mode with full screen resolution, sounds stupid but works just fine

no more killer freezes(absolutly no response no matter what i did, just holding the power button for 5 seconds works) in loading screen since i do that

Lord Mathrotus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-01-2010

Quote:
I always get disconnected in the middle of the game
1. Well try reconnecting they still need you!!!
2. Check to see if you can still get online somewhere else.
3. Check your router settings or try plugging directly into your modem
That doesn't really help me at all...
1: of course i can reconnect but its still very annoying and i always die between the time i drop and when i reconnect.
2: ...? No? I disconnected!
3: I cant plug directly into my modem as my computer is too far and I have no clue what settings to check.

Can someone help me?

I'm not even sure if you take requests for user-end problems :S.

I've had these before I even started playing LoL but there was nowhere I could ask for support. Now that I have you guys, would you mind helping me?

Also I recently started getting huge spikes as well, but from what Ive read it may be caused by the new patch. They dont happen often but theyre very long and are usually more than enough to get me killed.

merker

03-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezpcn View Post
I have run the Downloader and when it get's to between 70-80% complete, it lags huge and takes forever to finish.
Once done, I stop the installer and clean out the .kick file
I run the LolInstaller and select the folder that contains the Setup files.
I get an error right away, "Pointer is NULL" (canvas.c/688)
If I try to run the Setup, I get another error right away, "CRC ERROR. LolClient.swf doesn't match the file in the Setup's .cab file."

Help please
;-)
I Have the same problem i reinstalled the game and now i cant redownload

orchon

03-14-2010

When i get in2 large battles i lag to the point where i cant move or cast anything. plz help me fix this since the game is unplayable when you can not perform in the most crucial moments. here is the diagnostic on my connection and some stuff seems to be messed up but im not sure how to fix it.

http://n2.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu...9da3-4fba-9832

Skylead

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aregionius View Post
Wrenchmen’s Toolbox

Launcher Issues - You just clicked on the game icon, it's trying to patch...or not.

Server Status: Unavailable
1. The servers are actually down, check The Forums, there's usually an announcement.
2. You need to enable Active Scripting in Windows Internet Security.
3. Your Internet Explorer is in Offline Mode, change it.
4. Try powercycling (restarting) your modem.
5. Reset your Internet Security Settings, Internet Options->Advanced->Reset Button
6. Try the Konami Code: Up, Down, Left, Right, Up, Up, Down, Down (Warning may frack store/newsfeed)
The Konami Code is
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A