(Tutorial) How to create your own skins

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StevenSnow

Senior Producer

08-22-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Just Awesome!

IS1b2fae32403405

08-22-2009

one thing i wonder;

when i copy my version of the .dds file into the zip, it doesnt replace the old one, it just has the exact same name, and i have to delete the old one. (same when putting the backup back, i have to delete the edited one) I think this might is the reason i had to reinstall when i patch.

HappyNihil

08-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenSnow View Post
Just Awesome!
Thank you, I was wondering if I might get killed by the Riot staff afterall.. .d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morto View Post
one thing i wonder;

when i copy my version of the .dds file into the zip, it doesnt replace the old one, it just has the exact same name, and i have to delete the old one. (same when putting the backup back, i have to delete the edited one) I think this might is the reason i had to reinstall when i patch.
Thatīs not possible, I think.
There canīt be two files with the exact same name in one directory.
The only option that I can think of now how this would be possible is if you had extensions hidden in Windows, meaning that you see only FileName and not FileName.zip and thought that there are two same files, but one would actually have different extension that you cannot see.

IS1b2fae32403405

08-22-2009

Yeah, thats what im wondering too, why are they duplicates..... maybe its some weird feature of Total Commander. Because if i put my edited one in there, and remove the old one, the new one works. So obviously, it's not secretly renamed.

765Immortal

08-22-2009

Here's a quick skin job I did for twitch. Trying to emulate a Matrix look. Except, it makes him look like a rabbi.

HappyNihil

08-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 765Immortal View Post
Here's a quick skin job I did for twitch. Trying to emulate a Matrix look. Except, it makes him look like a rabbi.
LOL thatīs cool..

StaticFrog

08-23-2009

Yea, i have the same problem, but since we don't really need that, it's no problem.
I'm trying to recolor annie...
I just don't know where some of the parts belong on her...

cpsubrian

08-23-2009

Hey guys,

I wanted to mess around with these techniques but got the dreaded lol2obj error.

The specific error I was seeing was the "Side-by-side" error message. The first thing I did was check out the event view and found the log entry for the error. It indicated that I was missing a dependency (some VCDebug thing). After googling around I found out that this usually indicates the the program was compiled with a few extra flags on so that it still does debug outputing and such. This is for apps that are still in development. The .dll files that allow this debugging are not install on your typical Windows installation.

So.. long story short I installed the express edition of Microsoft Visual C++ and my problem went away. This will add a bunch of C++ tools to your computer and may effect other things, so please don't install stuff that you don't understand and then come crying

Hope this helps someone.

renticletape

08-23-2009

For those having issues with the lol2obj.exe, it seems to be a vista related issue. See this thread: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...1-1843c86332c1 for fixing it. Until then, i will try to recompile it with different compile flags to see if it resolves the issue.

cpsubrian

08-23-2009

Thanks renticle, didnt mean to bash the program at all.. just reporting what I found