The Surrender Button in Ranked, An Abomination

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Novascourge

02-15-2011

Quote:
And how often does this happen at 20 minutes?
You obviously haven't been playing long enough if you haven't seen teams push to the nexus in less then 20 minutes.

Quote:
Has your Nexus been destroyed? No? Then the game isn't lost. Man up.
Surrendering is the same as handing the enemy a free win without even taking the opportunity to learn about how you lost or what can be done to turn a bad situation around.
Actually, I'd rather you man up and realize that you've been outplayed badly and should stop holding everyone hostage because of some bogus honor code for a video game. League of Legends is a very snowbally game. Not as much as DotA or HoN, but enough that someone with +5 kills on you is going to beat you into a pulp..

Desiax

02-15-2011

I don't agree in surrendering for no reason, obviously. In the same vein, I would never surrender just because I was a few kills down or whatever. There are DEFINITELY situations where a game has reached an non-win scenario. If you have played this game long enough you've seen cases where your teammates were probably so horrid that you couldn't do anything else. Maybe this only happens at an ELO beneath yours. That's not to say some people at a lower ELO don't want to be serious, some dream of climbing to the top I'm sure. Regardless, you can't say that surrendering is NEVER an option. Countries have surrendered in war to prevent further loss, suffering, etc. I love to win every game I play and I love to try my best. I still simply can't believe that there is NEVER ever a time to surrender. While it isn't an attractive option, ESPECIALLY in ranked where your ELO changes due to it, it's implemented in the game for a specific purpose. I'm thinking that reason is to cut short a loss that is going to happen.

What if all 4 people on your team are terribly feeding, or are trolling you intentionally? Don't tell me that never happens. Don't say surrender is NEVER an option. It makes you appear pretentious and a ******.

Starke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2011

ITT: Kid QQ's because he can't carry a team, refuses to surrender when the game is lost, and that is surprised why half the team is sitting at base when he raged at half of them and doesn't realize that the leavers/feeders/greavers still playing is Riot's fault for not banning anyone, therefore maybe when the ****ing game has some order starting by the forums, maybe you won't look so down to Surrender times, okay? Okay! K thx bai.

In this post, tons of downvotes.

Skiv

02-15-2011

Your entire post is idiotic, surrender requires 4 votes to pass, so if you have 4 teammates willing to surrender, you are the one who is clearly wrong and just want to continue playing a game heading towards defeat. If you remove the surrender button, guess what, at 25 mins people will start trolling and further wasting time, no you might be a no life loser nerd who can play this game for hours on end, but some of us have jobs and school and dont want to stay in the game heading towards defeat and waste time.

And people are calling for more features in this game, and here we have an idiot asking to REMOVE a feature competitors already have.

EDIT : VERY FEW people would surrender to troll, and its VERY UNLIKELY you will have 4 trolls in your team who surrenders at first sign of trouble, if you do, they probably will not have the capacity to make a comeback anyways. and yet you still want to waste time playing with them? Such a pathetic post, really.

Skiv

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonk View Post
This will never leave the top of the front page.
Please stop bumping your stupid thread. Thanks

Morello

Lead Designer

02-15-2011
1 of 8 Riot Posts

It requires most of your team to want to surrender. I don't understand this - if people feel like they're getting roasted and want to admit they got whooped, and it requires 80% of the team to agree, why is this bad? We should force them to stick around and play?

People just will AFK, feed and grief if you disallow surrender. People will give up, whether there's /surrender or not. Having it says you can go try another game if you lose the one you're in. That is fine.

Care Bot

02-15-2011

Well I agree with the OP about people giving up too easilly. OTOH there are those games where you have 1 guy afk from start and are down 1/15 in kills and you have to wait another 15 min to surrender. Yeah those are really fun to wait out.

At least, as long as you can solo queue by duo queueing (wtf btw), you will never have the problem of your team surrendering too early.

Care Bot

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
People just will AFK, feed and grief if you disallow surrender. People will give up, whether there's /surrender or not. Having it says you can go try another game if you lose the one you're in. That is fine.
But your leaverbuster will ban them all, right? Please tell me it will.

Erestem

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2011

Quote:
It requires most of your team to want to surrender. I don't understand this - if people feel like they're getting roasted and want to admit they got whooped, and it requires 80% of the team to agree, why is this bad? We should force them to stick around and play?

Some people do that now regardless of how many people want to surrender.

Dragonk

02-15-2011

Quote:

No it encourages the exact opposite. People will grief, afk, feed etc because the game is only 20 minutes. There is no easier way to force your team to lose, just make them hit that shiny surrender button and its all over. Except it isn't, the next game you get will be the exact same thing. And the next game. And the next game. And the next game. You are making the problem worse.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leaving, afking, griefing and so on are a massive problem in League of Legends. Why? Well for a lot of reasons but most importantly a game can be ended way before it even starts with that wonderful little surrender button. If you don't want to play, wait for surrender. Encourage it. Make it the only option for your team. I've seen it a million times. Its one of the main reasons the game is the way it is. Lowering the surrender time will only make this worse. People need to afk, rage, grief and so on for 5 less minutes. Its only going to make the problem worse.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Didn't you notice the last time that the problems only got worse when you lowered it?

Riot I'm so incredibly disappointed, there are no words. You are compounding a serious ****ing problem, this is a lot more serious then anything else in the game. Balancing, bug fixes, everything. Nothing will matter if no one can even play. This whole thing is just ****ing terrible. What point is there in playing a MMO if the community is horrible and the lowest common denominator is pandered to like this. We clamor for a more competitive game that needs to be taken with a level of seriousness and you......

I was right the first time you lowered surrender time.
I was right when I said you were going to be lazy and just lower the minimum surrender time instead of addressing issues.
I will be right again when this game gets worse

Why don't you do something useful like work on your report system
Work on matchmaking
Work on the leaverbuster