RIOT punishes good behavior.

First Riot Post
1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Regards

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by skjaybe View Post
This argument would hold water if you didn't lose less ELO if you let the game load in and go afk at the fountain. The punishment should be nerfed for everyone because queue dodging for the right AND wrong reasons shouldn't cost more ELO than a game loss, if only because a leaver in a game can waste 25 minutes of my time whereas a queue dodger wastes what...2 minutes? 4 tops?
I'm not sure how exactly this even makes sense? You're viewing que dodging in a grey scale, where I'm holding it in a black/white scale. Is que dodging wrong? Yes. Is losing a game wrong? No. Is afk'ing a game and losing it intentionally for a team wrong? Yes. If something is wrong you should be punished more ELO, simple as that. Hopefully with the tribunal system those who are afk'ing and causing games to be lost intentionally will get their due loss.

AluciuSD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-15-2011

tbh, I think que dodge is fine. If a person needs to go after 15mins, I rather them leave before game start than after. Dota allows it, HON allows it, only LoL doesn't. For those that leave during Loading and right as game begins, punish them all you want.

Xenos One

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whist View Post
I heard riot is developing a system that can telepathically connect with your brain so it can tell if your queue dodges/leaves are for a legit reason or not...however it won't be out until next month sadly.
right along with magma chamber

4death4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takalah View Post
as long as you're sticking to normal mode then, good for you.
I only play normal because most of the time, my champion is picked already or banned.

4death4

Recruiter

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehGus View Post
Then don't play Ranked. Thanks.
I don't, I used to until I started getting the same people on my team every single time... They were all about the anti-fun.

Regards

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AluciuSD View Post
tbh, I think que dodge is fine. If a person needs to go after 15mins, I rather them leave before game start than after. Dota allows it, HON allows it, only LoL doesn't. For those that leave during Loading and right as game begins, punish them all you want.
See, this is an argument that doesn't hold water. Who cares if Dota and HON allow it? There's a reason we're playing LoL and not those games.

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

02-15-2011
1 of 3 Riot Posts

You *SHOULD* not lose double ELO for queue dodging ranked, you lost the amount you would have lost for losing that game.

edit: We are investigating a possible issue with this based on your reports, will keep you updated.

Thanorodd

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
you do not lose double ELO for queue dodging ranked, you lost the amount you would have lost for losing that game.
This seems like a silly question, but are you sure?

When I've dodged (twice, total) I've lost substantially more (20+) than I have ever lost playing through a game. Is that just bad luck?

Yugi

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
you do not lose double ELO for queue dodging ranked, you lost the amount you would have lost for losing that game.
But I lose 30-50 Elo for dodging games. (and I've only dodged 2 due to emergencies
or was this a recent patch that was unheard of?)

And the most Elo I had ever lost during those times was 15 (that was when I was duoing
with some friends in 700 Elo.. so... )

Mordiford

02-15-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regards View Post
See, this is an argument that doesn't hold water. Who cares if Dota and HON allow it? There's a reason we're playing LoL and not those games.
Yeah, I'm playing this game because I already paid money for it and Dota 2 is scheduled for the end of the year so there's no point in switching to something else now.

So let me follow that up with... You can't say everything that's in DotA or HoN is a reason we're NOT playing those games.

HoN has replays, clans, observers... I don't CARE man, I'm playing LoL because I don't want replays, observers and clans.

Logic. Yours is flawed.

1234567 ... 8