Is there a more offensive Morgana type hero?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dYCz6lcXvHgw3EQf

02-04-2010

While Morgana has been serving me well, I'm looking for a hero that is better at the role I'm using her for.

I need a hero with:
- A ranged attack.
- A ranged stun.
- Decent skill damage (doesn't have to be extremely high).
- Low emphasis on getting high damage weapons.
- Decent tankability.

Morgana is almost perfect, except she has Black Shield which only gets wasted in pubbies (helping others survive = making your own K/D comparatively worse = getting called a feeder) and this seems to have come at the cost of Tormented Soil damage which is abominable in the endgame. She is viable, but it is time to upgrade.

And it seems most caster heroes are of the glass cannon variety which means you get wiped out in the first two seconds, except Janna which I heard is useless.

Any suggestions?

defrost

02-04-2010

the closest i can think of is ryze... but then again he's pretty much usless
and if you get more death than assist with morgana ur doing it wrong morgana is not a killer it's a full assist that is gonna snare long enough for your carry to kill the ennemy, black shield is pretty useful if u put it on a tank b4 he initiate the fight and and tormanted soil should be use while the ennemy is sanred and ur using ulti which cause a stun at that point tormanted soil can cause massive damage if the opponent doenst have flash. also it can be use to help ppl like anniva,pirate,nunu ulti or any other slow which will cause serious damage

Brozan

02-04-2010

Sounds like Annie with a tank build. You have to charge her stun, but thats something you get used to.

Avloren

02-04-2010

Sounds like you want Fiddle. Fear is essentially a stun (except they run around randomly rather than standing still, same effect though, it disables them). Drain and fear give him great 1v1 tanking ability, of course he still drops quickly when focused by several champions, but that's true of any caster and many tanks too. As for damage, far better than Morgana's, although it's a little unfocused - Fiddle is more oriented at winning 2v2s on up to 5v5s through aoe damage, he can't drop a single target as quickly as Morgana's dark binding+tormented soil will, but he's definitely a greater threat overall since most of the game is about group fights where his aoe shines. He also has very little emphasis on items, his skills do great base damage and don't scale extremely well.

You might also like Anivia, the passive+ice wall+the two different slows make her very difficult to kill, and she's one of the most lethal single target nukers, although I hesitate to say she has a "stun" - flash frost is unreliable and, even if they don't avoid it, is a very very short stun. I think of it more as an 'interrupt', it works to stop channeled spells like katarina or nunu ults, but it doesn't keep them disabled long enough to give you much of an advantage aside from channeling interruption.

dYCz6lcXvHgw3EQf

02-04-2010

So Annie, Fiddle (may get ninjaed a lot though) or Anivia (yikes... expensive, but that means my current low level opponents won't expect it). Thanks so far! I played Annie a few times and she looked like a weaker Lina with tiny range on the wave AoE, but maybe I missed something.

Anything else? Does Veigar have decent hp or is he all about teh dmgz? Karthus' wall looks like it has crazy slow, too. Is this somewhat like what I'm looking for?

Ps. I do well with Morgana in terms of K/D, I just think I'm not playing her the way she's supposed to be played (Black Shield bot). So I'm looking for a hero that is actually intended to be a stun tank mage.

defrost

02-04-2010

- A ranged attack. fiddle,ryze,annie
- A ranged stun. ryze, annie(kinda)
- Decent skill damage (doesn't have to be extremely high). annie, fiddle
- Low emphasis on getting high damage weapons. annie, fiddle, ryze
- Decent tankability. ryze, annie(tank build)

difference between stun and snare
stun makes the target unable to move or attack for a very limited time
snare makes the target unable to move but can still attack for a decent time snare also cause damage over time

i could see annie as a champion you would like but not fiddle. fiddle doesn't have a stun/snare only makes ppl run around, which is considered CROWD control, or them to silence other but they can still run away he also doesn't have the tankability you might want in a 1v1 early/mid game he might win but late game only his ulti his useful since tank can just get over your drain and kill you.

aniva is a good alternative if you don't mind the fact that she/he (not sure) doesn't have a stun/snare

annie will need some items before it gets easier so some tank items or AP

my suggestion either buy all of them if you got enough IP or wait and try every of them when they come for free and judge which one you like better

Avloren

02-04-2010

Anivia is free right now, by the way, you definitely want to try her before thinking about dropping 6300 IP. Veigar is generally considered subpar, he has one nice aoe stun which is especially good for team fights, great single target damage, but none of his skills do anything for survivability, and his one aoe skill is easily avoidable. Very much a glass cannon, and generally not a good one at that (hopefully he has some buffs incoming..).

And Fiddle's fear is a disable, same category as stuns imo. It prevents them from attacking, using abilities, getting away, controlling their character in any way, it interrupts channeled spells just like a stun - you use it in the same way you'd use a stun. It's just that instead of standing in one spot like with a stun, they run slowly in a random direction.

defrost

02-04-2010

i would consider karthus as a glass canon even if he does have good skill and a very nice slow even his passive is awesome you won't be able to tank with him and need lot of items to make decent damage kartus would be considered a support character from what i've seen then again i don't know your play-style so maybe you would like to try him out

i know it dissable but it's not a "stun"
Stunning is the process of rendering animals immobile or unconscious prior to their being slaughtered for food.

Nerubian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2010

I'm in the same boat as you. I'm right now playing exclusively Morgana. Tried her all three builds now, (Pure tank, Amazing Support, and AP). My favourite one being the support build, but I also exclusively solo-que. Which, is a problem when you love support heroes! So, I'm trying to find a character that's decent and has somewhat the same synergy/usefulness. I've tried her sister Kayle as an ap character. But without getting a good early game, your terrible late. I haven't tried fiddle and I really, really don't like Annie. I know she's amazing and I could learn to be great with her - just don't like her.

However, Anivia frightens me with her learning curve. The problem with playing a single hero is that you start raising into a level that fits your play style. I'm a level 17 playing pure 30 games. So, starting a new hero - especially a difficult one is daunting. I've been playing tons of practice games to understand new heroes, but then again the skill level is so binary in those types of games. I'm contemplating Karathus, and I'll wait till next week to see if I like him. I might play some more games with Anivia before the week is up. I've also been looking at tanks. I'm contemplating Singed or Amumnu. But, again the consensus (correct me if I'm wrong) is currently they are weak in their jobs.

So I pose the questions. A support player who doesn't want to be COMPLETELY reliant on my team to be somewhat competent. Which, is why i like Morg. If I see that I need to be the killer I can start building her as AP, even though my masteries at the start of the game contradict it. Janna is another choice, but yet again, lackluster according to the majority. So, any suggestions?

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

02-04-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Taric has a lot of the stuff you want, but without the ranged attack. A tanky support character, with a ranged stun and decent damage.

Kayle actually plays a bit like Morganna as well, but with a slow instead of a stun.

And my favorite champion in the game Annie, is pretty tanky if she wants to be.