@Riot Your Elo System Is Flawed

First Riot Post
12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iceyou

02-13-2011

So here I am win 90+ wins getting paired up with people who have under 5wins. How does that a fair match up.

Clearly I have more experience then most of them
Chances are these guys just hit lvl 30 and started playing ranked.

My team
90win
3win
5win
6win
4win

= wut?

Just had a game

Me = 100wins
1win
6win
4win
65win

= comon Riot

http://img826.imageshack.us/i/newbiisland.jpg/
Me with over 150+win / 300games played
matched up with a guy with 3wins

Still not fixed

Reel Wrapper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2011

nice arguement i am convinced 100%

Iceyou

02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Rapist View Post
nice arguement i am convinced 100%
Hell it convinced me that Riot's system is stupid. Herp Derp you gotta carry the team 1v5 cause 4 people just hit lvl 30

Zileas

VP of Game Design

02-13-2011
1 of 4 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceyou View Post
So here I am win 90+ wins getting paired up with people who have under 5wins. How does that a fair match up.

Clearly I have more experience then most of them
Chances are these guys just hit lvl 30 and started playing ranked.

My team
90win
3win
5win
6win
4win

= wut?
Yes, ranked newbie island is supposed to be repaired this week. Sorry about this. I will go confirm this now.

For whatever reason, the system still works fine for normal games (average level of your past 50 games was 29.86), but bugged out a while ago on ranked island.

Iceyou

02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Yes, ranked newbie island is supposed to be repaired this week. Sorry about this. I will go confirm this now.

For whatever reason, the system still works fine for normal games (average level of your past 50 games was 29.86), but bugged out a while ago on ranked island.
Ive been saying the exact same thing over and over. Elo Hell exists and Zileas just confirmed it.

UnknownVBS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceyou View Post
Ive been saying the exact same thing over and over. Elo Hell exists and Zileas just confirmed it.
Wait, what? How did Zileas confirm it? All he said is ranked newbie island is broken and isn't up right now. I thought Elo Hell was supposed to be lower than 1200, though...

Moonpuncher

02-13-2011

The guy is just angry that everyone on his team is always worse than he is. Except they probably feel the same way. Elo hell doesn't exist, because it implies you're being targeted in some way. The truth is any collection of 5 @SSHATS on a team as a high likelihood of ending poorly. Partially because people disagree about how they should play, and partially because most people who are highly competitive about video games are also douch3y nerds.

In other words: The game itself is elo hell. If you want to play with people you trust, start finding teams for 5v5 play. Ranked solo is the fastest way to lose interest in this game.

Metta Game

02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post

Can we get some elo refunded for your technical negligence?

Lacesso

02-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownVBS View Post
Wait, what? How did Zileas confirm it? All he said is ranked newbie island is broken and isn't up right now. I thought Elo Hell was supposed to be lower than 1200, though...
It used to be, now its under 1400, the people get worse so the bar rises.

BloodTrinity

02-13-2011

Yeah, matchmaking is skewed somehow.

Zileas, is there any chance you could take a look at this, and explain it to me?

12345 ... 8