Casseiopea, simple item build idea feedback please

1234567 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argodis

Senior Member

02-12-2011

I've honestly never had any trouble with anyone getting away from me even without Rylai's. I do agree that it's very helpful during team fights and the extra HP helps a lot. I'm just not sure it's worth it over RoA since RoA provides more synergism with AA. I use to run Rylai's in my build all the time before I realized the slow wasn't much use to me. I'll reconsider it.

I just tried 9/21/0 and I like it. With flat armor and magic resist things are much much easier now. The health regen and the high defense will allow me to try laning with a Doran's Ring instead of 2 HP pots and Meki's. Still undecided on quints. I love movement speed but I think I could get more out of Cass with more magic pen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Medusa

Senior Member

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
I've honestly never had any trouble with anyone getting away from me even without Rylai's. I do agree that it's very helpful during team fights and the extra HP helps a lot. I'm just not sure it's worth it over RoA since RoA provides more synergism with AA. I use to run Rylai's in my build all the time before I realized the slow wasn't much use to me. I'll reconsider it.

I just tried 9/21/0 and I like it. With flat armor and magic resist things are much much easier now. The health regen and the high defense will allow me to try laning with a Doran's Ring instead of 2 HP pots and Meki's. Still undecided on quints. I love movement speed but I think I could get more out of Cass with more magic pen.
I often start with just a meki going 9/21/0 and Tear that much faster (going back at 950 for Teat+Boots) But glad to hear more people trying 9/21/0.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asylumseeker

Senior Member

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anivias Chosen View Post
I often start with just a meki going 9/21/0 and Tear that much faster (going back at 950 for Teat+Boots) But glad to hear more people trying 9/21/0.
i do start with tear and 2 hp pots, but to be honest i usually havent used either hp pot by about 15 mins in...So i might stop using them too.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Medusa

Senior Member

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylumseeker View Post
i do start with tear and 2 hp pots, but to be honest i usually havent used either hp pot by about 15 mins in...So i might stop using them too.
In a way i feel it subconsciously affects ones play, knowing you have pots to fall, back on. Ranged champs for sure shouldn't need them nearly as often in lane combinations. Melee on the other hand most definitely could use one.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MBirk

Senior Member

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylumseeker View Post
i do start with tear and 2 hp pots, but to be honest i usually havent used either hp pot by about 15 mins in...So i might stop using them too.
Its better to have them, and not need them, then need them, and not have them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Medusa

Senior Member

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBirk View Post
Its better to have them, and not need them, then need them, and not have them.
Though at the same time you might have needed that money when you recall and will have to skip out on something and go back to the lane.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

visgetthecuddles

Junior Member

02-12-2011

I've only played cass twice and both times i stack Archangels and got a Rabadons Deathcap to finish it off. By end game I had 1500 ap and it took only 1 hit from my Q to kill anyone on the other team. My score that game was 57/10/22.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Medusa

Senior Member

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by visgetthecuddles View Post
I've only played cass twice and both times i stack Archangels and got a Rabadons Deathcap to finish it off. By end game I had 1500 ap and it took only 1 hit from my Q to kill anyone on the other team. My score that game was 57/10/22.
Well thats not a good build to rely on. Your just lucky they didn't have any substantial Mresist. Sure you had good AP and regen but had they any Stuns you would drop faster then you kill them.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Argodis

Senior Member

02-12-2011

Tried starting with Doran's only. Didn't like it. Back to Meki's and 2 pots.

My CS has been horrible lately. Really making Mejai's not worth the money when that 1235 gold is needed elsewhere. Cass's auto attack animation is so deceptive. Granted, I usually take the support lane with the tank since many other carries can carry harder than Cass but my CS still needs some work when in a lane with a teammate.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MBirk

Senior Member

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argodis View Post
Tried starting with Doran's only. Didn't like it. Back to Meki's and 2 pots.

My CS has been horrible lately. Really making Mejai's not worth the money when that 1235 gold is needed elsewhere. Cass's auto attack animation is so deceptive. Granted, I usually take the support lane with the tank since many other carries can carry harder than Cass but my CS still needs some work when in a lane with a teammate.
what are you doing to farm? just pure aa, no use of your skills at all?

I get silly high cs with cass.
I have been leveling W first lately. At level 2 a W+Q will kill caster minions(w just barely doesnt by itself, you can aa to kill them with W alone if you want). you then can AA to last him melee, or leave them for your partner.
Doing this zones out the other team while farming. Your W is a huge zone they can't enter. Giving you total control. Hell, even when you push the lane into their tower, you can keep casting Q and W to zone them out from their tower as well.
This does of course make you extend. so you do need to watch your back. be sure to ward.
If a gank does come, a ranked up W is a strong slow, as well Q speed boost.

Only shaco would really concern me, forcing me to not be so aggressive.

Sheen does of course go another mile in making last hits easier, if you go that route too.

and yeah, dorins change made the ring nearly unusable. no hp regen is just no good.


1234567 ... 9