Do you think that the rioters responsible for the RP events deserve more credit

Yeah! **** right they do! 52 96.30%
Nah, is fine as is. 2 3.70%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

[Poll] Official RP Events

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Areia Polias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-11-2011

The people involved in Lore have created a Community here. Compare Lore to GD. Why has this happened? I mean, we play the same game, but we're clearly different here. Yes, the people in Lore do a good job of self-moderating, but that is only possible because the people who have made the game gave us something to care about.

This Community is far better than most any others I have seen, save for smaller, more close-knit webcomic communities. That alone is enough for credit that the Rioters responsible for the Lore made it compelling enough to impel the better members of LoL community into one place.

The Lore of this game is more than compelling, too. It has provided an outlet for the creative energies of the players, one that I am surprised that Riot has not taken fuller advantage of. The members here are constructive and eager to help out. Just look at the pages upon pages of feedback that Shurelia got from the Twisted Treeline event. We did not have to do that or thank her, but we had so much fun that it was something we gladly did.

And it can be more about fun. I mentioned free advertising; the Babaganoosh and the others who are doing the Lore have done a great job in creating foreshadowing of new things to come. It is enjoyable and exciting to piece together new information to see what Champions and news will come of it.

More than that, the recent official RP has actually served to get a number of people that I know much more involved in the game. While I know that this is entirely anecdotal, not something Riot marketing teams can fully measure, it is true. People are more excited when they see effort being put their work.

Long story short. The people who are involved in organizing, planning, making, and presenting the Lore have not only created a strong, self-moderating Community that Riot can be proud of, but they are responsible for giving the game a flavor and liveliness sadly lacking in HoN and DotA. The Lore has raised community interest and participation and would be a worthwhile investment for Riot to look into.

KarrieBear

Associate Creative Designer

02-11-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I really have to hand it to you guys for doing so much with the lore! It's been really exciting to see you guys take what lore we have and run with it, as we admittedly are still trying to find ways to infuse LOL with lore in a non-intrusive way. You really inspire us to do more. =)

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

02-11-2011

Inspiration +100

You guys are awesome too and it really makes it easier for us to involve the lore community in stuff.

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

02-11-2011

GJ Lore Team!

How about asking Nikasaur if she doesn't mind a mini spotlight for our community post? Maybe this will attract more people to the rich League of Legends Lore, in case they haven't had the chance to go looking for some material.

Thoughts?

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=256575

LordBlackstar

02-11-2011

I'm in your thread agreeing with you. Also, can we find a way to make people less confused about the gender of many champions, and get across the point that Nunu is the kid on top of the Yeti(who happens to be named Willump)?

P.S.
Yes, I read all of the Lore and I read the last RP event. Although I read the Lore long enough ago that I think some of it may have been changed.

Drunar

02-11-2011

I wasn't in it so this is unbiased, and it was a very very cool idea on Riot's part and I commend everyone involved. Very very nice. :]

True Ethos

02-11-2011

When I first joined the game I remember going over all the individual champions lore over and over because I liked how unique it was. I didn't pick my champions based on how good they were but instead on whether or not I enjoyed their back story and whether I (as a summoner) would actually work with them. It was because of the lore that I could let myself be taken into the story and enjoy my role in the world all the more.

Then the JoJ came out and I have yet to miss an issue because it expands upon the story of Valoran so much more. For players like myself and I am more than willing to assume many of the people here such things made the world come to life in ways that really pulled you into the story. My only regret was signing in so late and missing out on a lot that the lore forums had to offer!

Dracorya

02-11-2011

:3 We love you Riot!

I hope to join the team one day myself!

TheMagister

02-12-2011

Yeh we are kind of awesome in here. :P

Seriously though I think what has happened with the lore is the best thing that has happened to LoL since it was released. I'm a sucker for back-story and history.

Munchlord

02-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catspaw View Post
The Lore has raised community interest and participation and would be a worthwhile investment for Riot to look into.
This is true. Not only is Lore something that gives a nice dedicated community, as we've prooved here, it's also an investment with large marketing and revenue potential.

As already noted, WoW is as major as it is because of the deep lore. SC2 attracted me out of the lore from SC1 alone. LoL has had me sticking to it like kids to an icecream salesman who charges 1 cent per scoop because of the Lore. Actually, I plan to buy Moakai and at least 1 skin with riot points, not for the sake of the champion so much as because the RP event, the JoJ featuring and all of that was so awesome I'm willing to pay Riot for it.

Also, great Lore has generated books in heaps as added sources of income. From other video games, Starcraft and WoW stands out as amazing lore creations with heaps of novels and whatnot to read on the side. Even more amazing and extensive, however, are the Forgotten Realms, Dragonlance and Eberron novel series tieing in with Wizards of the Coast. I dunno about otherwhere, but around here, those novels sell like crazy in the fan base.

If you want another example of just how lulzy this can get, there is the good ol' PoP one. First, they make a new PoP game. Then they make a movie based on the lore of the game.... then they go make a game based on the lore of the movie.... and ALL OF IT SELLS!