Catspaw's Roleplaying Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hotarukin

02-10-2011

Another pair of things: take note of the TIME that things are occurring in. Towards the end of the TT event, I realized I had no idea what time of day it was, granted, it matters little in a densely wooded area (It's dark.) but I'd been thinking late evening for most of the event, while someone was probably thinking mid-day.

Never forget to describe the -color- of things. While Catspaw mentions the importance of subtleties such as feel and smell and taste, it goes without saying that the single most important thing to humans, in most cases, is the sensory input that sight gives them. One of the biggest things for most humans in this regard, is color. A grayscale Van Gogh just doesn't feel the same as the true "Starry Night." So while your sword may be described in great detail, never forget to mention what hues the metal composing it are.

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-10-2011

Now we just need this to get linked on Sylph's thread :3

Good job, Cats!

Hotarukin

02-10-2011

Actually, that's what led me here and caused me to bump it

The Burning Waffle

02-10-2011

sticky it?

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

02-10-2011

This is an excellent guide. I approve!

The Burning Waffle

02-10-2011

woo go shurelia!

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafeo View Post
Can We not get this tips guide linked to something permanent?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talz View Post
This and Bonez's post really should be sticky'd; They are too helpful to just let die.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eredale View Post
Now we just need this to get linked on Sylph's thread :3

Good job, Cats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Burning Waffle View Post
sticky it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurelia View Post
This is an excellent guide. I approve!

I added this to our list of helpful resources back on Feb 1st. Shurelia already mentioned that too many stickies up on top of the forum will cause it to get to cluttered. Already the Map of Valoran and Journal of Justice posts are kinda redundant as they are already incorporated into our main post that I always keep up.

Birdy51

02-10-2011

Hmm... I may have a handy side tip on posting I developed. It's always a nice idea to open up a tab before you post something, so that you don't go acting out of hand on an event that already happened. and you are late for the next event.

Rafeo

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylph View Post
I added this to our list of helpful resources back on Feb 1st. Shurelia already mentioned that too many stickies up on top of the forum will cause it to get to cluttered. Already the Map of Valoran and Journal of Justice posts are kinda redundant as they are already incorporated into our main post that I always keep up.
Indeed, I posted that quite a long time ago. about January fifteenth or so.
But I do see Your point.

Sylph

Emissary of the League

02-10-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafeo View Post
Indeed, I posted that quite a long time ago. about January fifteenth or so.
But I do see Your point.
Right! Catspaw only posted the request in my thread around February. So that's when I added it.