Yet another question from your friendly LoL Idiot: How do you push?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HarbingTarbl

02-02-2010

Alright, so I no longer go negative and sometimes I have the highest kills and least deaths in the match. Here is my problem, I STILL ALWAYS LOSE! Even if their team feeds like ****, if they have a Teemo, Ashe, Twitch, Yi or TF they just backdoor our towers to oblivion.

Most of my games end with my team having 15+ more kills than the other team, but only a few towers down. While they pushed all the way to our nexus even though we would demolish them in a teamfight. So what would they do? They don't teamfight. They just run around in a 5man tower killing squad, hiding and then popping out at one of our towers and destroying it. We can't kill their towers because we can't push the creep wave fast enough (Those slow ass ****ers move like snails) so if we try to kill a tower, they all MAGICALLY appear at their tower and ace us, resulting in a loss.

This is I would say the reason why me and my premade lose 80% of our games. We NEVER push, or if we do push we only manage to kill one of their towers even if we aced them. And if we didn't ace them but instead only killed 4 of them? Don't expect us to even try attacking that tower. We are such *****'s we won't dare brave a tower even if it only has one guy defending it unless we have a MAJOR advantage (At least 5 level difference, baron, 6 Infinity Edges, etc...).

How can we stop doing this? It's like our entire team is made up of submissive sissy's and as a result we can't push or be offensive. Should we all start eating babies and going to football games? Drinking more beer and punching people in a bar? Having *** with tons of women?

Any form of tips or advice would be appreciated.

TheMountainGoat

02-02-2010

get fortify

Azelf

02-02-2010

Game is not win by kills.

1. Try to ace them.

2. Push towers when you ace them.

3. Steal neutral buff.

4. Gank as much as possible. Make them afraid to go out of base.

5. Run around and attack multiple directions in short interval. But always in 5.

Dracorya

02-02-2010

^

The secret to pushing is keep your opponent guessing on which lane you're going to hit. 2 towers down mid? They'll think you'll come down that way, but instead you swoop to top or bot to down more towers. That forces them to keep running back and forth...sometimes getting themselves killed if they get ahead of themselves.

When they attempt to push, make them pay for it with a coordinated defense gank, if it succeeds they are now down a few members and you can push back.

Varmin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2010

When you protect a lane, push it out 1-2 waves so that way you can see where they are coming from. If the creeps are constantly fighting on your towers, the other team can pop up and kill a tower at anytime.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

02-02-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

A few things to look for:

Don't have big creep waves about to hit your towers. Start a push once your lanes are relatively safe. If a champion is inhabiting the lane, gank him, then repeat step 1.

Try to push defending champions off of the tower with long range spells (Fiddlesticks Dark Wind, Corki's Missile Barrage, Ashe's Volley) and then kill the tower while you have minions to tank it for you.

If they have a guy backdooring a lane anyway, get overconfident and fight 5v4 to keep your push going.

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2010

Planning ahead is pretty good too. Creating a snowball effect with your creeps. Its amazing how killing off one enemy wave will really upset the balance, and eventually they will snowball into a creep army, which should be plenty of creeps to take down a tower or two. Not to mention it creates some pressure on that lane which is also good.

If you have a hero that is good for getting in and out of a lane to avoid ganks, such as Twisted Fate, then this tactic can be pretty good. Have him put pressure on 1 lane while the rest put pressure on another, and since hes Twisted Fate, he can easily Gate in should he be needed.

NoobOverlord

02-02-2010

what yo do is
"**** it lets push"
win!

Xienwolf

02-02-2010

The best way to use the creeps to counter-push is if you have Soraka or another healing character keep a wave of creeps alive, but don't help them to kill the opposing wave any faster. This lets your waves build up in a safe location till you have 2 or 3 waves stacked, THEN you let them fly.

It is of course best to do this before anyone on the other team builds up any decent AoE capabilities, otherwise you are just helping that person accumulate quite a few last hits and a nice pile of cash. But if you build a creepswarm in one lane, then 5 man push in another, that can keep the odds in your favor (they only bring 4 to the table) or win a cheap tower kill (minions go unopposed). Though personally I would 5 man push WITH the triple wave...

Jothki

02-03-2010

Much of pushing seems to depend simply on having someone willing to push. Just sent someone that can either do heavy autoattack damage or slaughter minion waves to a tower, and that tower will eventually go down unless the enemies throw two or more people at the attacker, in which case the rest of your team can capitalize on the missing people.

If they're wandering around in the jungle and keep ambushing you, invest in wards and pepper the jungle with them. If you can know where they are, you can send people to take down towers where they aren't.

And keep the lanes pushed, even if you aren't planning on taking down a tower immediately. If the creep wave is already pushed forward, you can jump in at any time.