LoL is great but.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xSPuNxx

08-21-2009

Overall the graphics are nice, the characters are unique but they missed out a lot on the small graphical things that make a big difference. Here's a list of things I'd LOVE to see:

1. Towers that actually have movement which would look more lively.
2. Creeps need to look less mechanic.
3. There should be weather patterns, something bizarre.
4. Trees should sway or have bats/owls or anything that breathe life into it.
5. Bases look a bit too empty add some more buildings/props.
6. Respawn pool is wide but a bit too empty.

The game is great, but to step out of the shadows of DotA, League of Legends has to have the edge to it which makes it standout from it predecessors and competitors. I have faith in you Guinsoo! haha.

JoonKimDDS

08-21-2009

I don't agree with #1 unless you can explain how that will make the game better.
I agree with #2. DOTA had diff looking creeps per team but now they are the same except the color.
I agree with #3 so that we could add a champion like Nightstalker from DOTA.
#4 sounds good but may not affect too much of game play.
I agree with #5. DOTA base looked better.
#6, I actually think wide and empty respawn pool is awesome. It gives me the feeling that it really is a nice respawning pool design.

My one and only complaints are health bar and the name that appears on top of the HP bar. It's one of the worst feature that I've ever seen in pc games. I can't see the enemy because of name and big HP bar.

Reflection

08-21-2009

I agree, adding more environmental effects will make the map more vibrant, however too much is not good : )

xSPuNxx

08-21-2009

haha, yup. people have different opinions and I appreciate the response JoonKimDDS.
Well what I'm expecting is something which would keep you glued to the screen eager for battle in League of Legends which stands out. But not too flashy yet not too plane, something worth the look to make up for its name.
And about the tower, well something that gives out quite a large sum of damage would have to look threatening and not just a piece of rock carved out and erected on the ground to guard a lane. Give it character too. :P

Elmentar

08-22-2009

I'm running it on the lowest graphics settings... so I dunno if my computer could handle any more animations on the map itself. >.<

Firefly

08-22-2009

Yea those effects would be great but may slow peoples computers down if theres to much going on, on the screen

MaximalBeast

08-22-2009

Here are my thoughts on your comments

#1: Sounds cool but what did you have in mind exactly?
#2: What do you mean by less mechanic exactly? Also the emphasis is on the heroes not the creeps so I think Riot has better to do with their time like fixing imba heroes, glithes, etc.
#3: Weather patterns would be nice especially something out of the ordinary would spice things up a bit.
#4: I really like this idea. A little breath of life in the trees would make things more lively
#5: I don't like this idea because I think the bases are just fine as they are now. Too many buildings would just add more pointless objects to destroy like in DotA where you just have to ask yourself why did they even bother? Its a waste of time.
#6: My complaint about the respawn "pool" is that it's no longer a pool but a boring tablet. Put the pool back it was a lot more appealing please.

BrainStein

08-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximalBeast View Post
#6: My complaint about the respawn "pool" is that it's no longer a pool but a boring tablet. Put the pool back it was a lot more appealing please.
my thoughts exaclty ^^

jerzy

08-23-2009

I disagree about the respawn point being too small, as some games I'm stuck on it until my team mates decide to move.

xSPuNxx

08-23-2009

Yup each of you guys have a good opinion and since they haven't revealed the other maps, we won't know how they would fare comparing to the maps we're given.