Easier management of allies and pets

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oddiz

08-19-2009

What would be super helpful would be the option (so you nay-sayers don't have to implement this) to have all your allies health and mana in bars in the top right. They could be rather small, or in a window that you could open and close. This would of course be similar to WoW (or any realy mmorpg) party system icons. This helps to know when I need to run, dive in, who I can count on. You can easily see their health (at times) but never their mana. I hate having to type oom or lom but being in the fray, and someone expected some assistance I couldn't give (or vice versa).

I also enjoy playing support, and with the new Taric in additon to Soraka, I find it hard to heal the right person at the right time in a chaotic team fight. This would help tremendously to see who needs what, and the ability to target their icon for heals and buffs would be great.

There is NO reason not to have this as an option.

The second suggestion is for pets, as I hope you will be adding more than just Annie's Tibbers. Have a similar icon as for allies, except with the possibility to click something (the icon, a button, a hotkey?) to switch your control. I know in LoL you can never lose control of your champion, which is AWESOME, but for pets, the whole holding alt thing is just not working. Allow me to set annie's actions, cast, run, then tab to tibbers to chase, fight creeps, tower, etc. Please do something for better pet control, as this is a great game space to explore, but currently is unavailable with the system you have.

Nevoa

08-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddiz View Post
What would be super helpful would be the option (so you nay-sayers don't have to implement this) to have all your allies health and mana in bars in the top right. They could be rather small, or in a window that you could open and close. This would of course be similar to WoW (or any realy mmorpg) party system icons. This helps to know when I need to run, dive in, who I can count on. You can easily see their health (at times) but never their mana. I hate having to type oom or lom but being in the fray, and someone expected some assistance I couldn't give (or vice versa).
Second This

Rayven

UX Designer

08-20-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We like team frames too.

Undefined

08-24-2009

totally agree. the lack of party icons is a serious oversight. this needs to be implemented in the next patch. in addition to this, the pet control is a valid argument. though it isn't a huge facet of the game right now, something needs to be done about the control mechanism.

Leonelda

08-24-2009

+1 for Team Frames.