Sniperness' Caitlyn - L2Wanted

123456 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JesusMaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-01-2011

Exactly. Ashe and Caitlyn, give or take, are like two sides of one champion. Ashe can slow and stun people, sure, but she needs the speed and auto attack damage more than the slow and her stun.

It's the same for Caitlyn. Her abilities scale off, which is a good thing because you can just pick people off after you're done tearing through their health with AA's.

I guarantee that the people who say Caitlyn is a bad champ only play Champion's who's damage is based on their abilities.

Redenbacher

02-01-2011

I don't play Caitlyn, but I like where you went with this guide. I've seen many, many bad Caitlyns, and only a couple of good ones. The principle issue I see amongst the bad ones is usually one of the following:
1) They stack attack speed
2) They have horrible positioning
3) They spam abilities way too much instead of last-hitting
4) They don't go solo middle. Catilyn's traps are fun with some other champions, but she's item dependent, and if she doesn't get that farm in, she just doesn't have the killing power for a sidelane to be of much use.

MBirk

02-01-2011

AS makes your passive build faster. Always good.
Crit is very desirable, as it makes your AA much more "bursty". Something that's fairly unique to her.

A headshot with 260% crit is nearly a 1 shot kill on anyone soft.
Your Q, R, and aa+passive scale with AD though. So AD should be #1. Building the others to multiply the effectiveness of your AD.
Focusing on any one dps stat is stupid. AS makes AD more effective. Crit makes AD and AS more effective. And so on.

(Most expensive lw. I would cut that out now. Black cleaver #1 item probably for me now. everything you want in 1 item.) then IE. after that. either ghostblade or pd.

Phage/mallet is terrible on her. Not enough damage, and not enough hp. It leaves you too weak to dps, and doest give you any real tankiness. Esp when you have your net, and traps. The only one that should get near you is someone like Kass. in which case you need mr, and lots of hp. Banshees, etc.

Rekt DeezNutz

02-01-2011

you can q>e. i saw it in someone elses video. if you cast e while channeling for q, they go off at about the same time. so you save time, slow enemy, fall back and do a decent amount of damage. this build seems interesting, i plan on trying it tonight. i usually go dorans blade, boots, brutalizer, black cleaver for mix of as ad and armor pen. then situational items

AIM7Sparrow

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeezNutz0006 View Post
you can q>e. i saw it in someone elses video. if you cast e while channeling for q, they go off at about the same time. so you save time, slow enemy, fall back and do a decent amount of damage. this build seems interesting, i plan on trying it tonight. i usually go dorans blade, boots, brutalizer, black cleaver for mix of as ad and armor pen. then situational items
Oh interesting, I'll have to try it out sometime. Keep in mind though that although this might be overall faster than doing e->q, it's actually more dangerous when being use as an "equalizer" as I've described because you're casting that e second. When a shaco appears out of thin air and starts cutting you up you want to get that E off immediately, and then worry about the "equalizing" after.

Smokey

02-02-2011

I use all atkspeed rune on her i get doran blade build wriggles than last whisper than blood thirster and black cleaver if game last long enought and i do ok. I run ghost and ignite and I usually get first blood. So far i beat all range carry i played vs 1v1 with those items.

Cronophelus

02-02-2011

You're actually wrong when you say you can't syncronize her items with her abilities... I see you have 1 Phantom dancer for the crit/attack speed/movement... But it doesn't affect her ult. This is where people mess up MF and Cait. Get some attack speed, but be sure EVERY item (except yoru survivability items) have AD. Even at that, get Frozen Mallet for survivability - It gives a slow, HP and damage.

I go with:
Merc Treads/Boots of Swiftness
Infinity Edge
Frozen Mallet
Black Cleaver
Madred's Bloodrazor
Bloodthirster

This gives loads of damage, alot of attack speed, gives her kiting ability, tank killing/vlad/beefy champ ability. It gives her magic damage and physical damage, and it allows for an all-around good Cait. Your Q and R hit hard as hell, and you can choose to simply use your massive range instead of using abilities.

Push comes to shove, get rid of Frozen and get Banshee's just be sure your team lets you get Lizard for the added damage/slow. And if you have a coordinated team, they will even let you get the killing blow on champs with the lizard.

-Crono

Wildkarde

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronophelus View Post
You're actually wrong when you say you can't syncronize her items with her abilities... I see you have 1 Phantom dancer for the crit/attack speed/movement... But it doesn't affect her ult. This is where people mess up MF and Cait. Get some attack speed, but be sure EVERY item (except yoru survivability items) have AD. Even at that, get Frozen Mallet for survivability - It gives a slow, HP and damage.

I go with:
Merc Treads/Boots of Swiftness
Infinity Edge
Frozen Mallet
Black Cleaver
Madred's Bloodrazor
Bloodthirster

This gives loads of damage, alot of attack speed, gives her kiting ability, tank killing/vlad/beefy champ ability. It gives her magic damage and physical damage, and it allows for an all-around good Cait. Your Q and R hit hard as hell, and you can choose to simply use your massive range instead of using abilities.

Push comes to shove, get rid of Frozen and get Banshee's just be sure your team lets you get Lizard for the added damage/slow. And if you have a coordinated team, they will even let you get the killing blow on champs with the lizard.

-Crono

No offense but who wouldn't dominate if they had 15k gold...

AreYouReady2Die

02-02-2011

I run her as 10% crit damage with IE and masteries that's 270% crit damage or 220% usually when I dont use it, the best build I've found is Manamune, merc treads, PD, wriggles, frozen mallet, PD, sell boots for FoN late game (more MR and move speed so your still fast. Late late game IE for Manamune, Blood thirster for wriggles if I don't need armor. The build order works and once I get ahold of anyone but full tanks they are dead, full tanks have a chance, but they will have fun walking slowed.

Manamune let's me constantly harrass/farm, and after 12 Q shots people typically get annoyed and do something stupid.

I've scored 3 penta's that way, 1 of them I was only person on team doing well, and it was mostly solo.

My Q and R are weaker, but her abilities, for chase/escape/trap work well to let me be as aggressive as I want. 2 bloodthirsters, 2 PD, FoN, frozen mallet is even nastier.

MBirk

02-02-2011

Don't build madreds on her.
Ever.

Boggles my mind people keep doing this.
You don't have an ias steroid. Your passive, ult and Q do not scale with it.
You already do extra damage to minions on your passive.
And you don't really need armor with your range and W,E.
Any def you need is mr and hp.

there is no situation where black cleaver isn't superior for cait.
And I am including mundo, rammus, an warmogs chogoth.

123456 ... 8