Should Cleanse really cancel Karthus's Ultimate?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

muusbolla

08-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwatz View Post
Its possible they are testing it out to tone him down.

That being said when draft comes, he will be ****ing worthless - much like stealth heroes and truesight clairvoyance - if it were to stay that way.
"****ing worthless" is hardly true. He will still be uber strong in laning AND team fights, but having his ult hard-countered by a summoner spell with a shorter cooldown is kinda gay.

WΎR ؃ LL

08-20-2009

Karthus ultimate is EZ BUTTON, monkey press big red button!!!

Yes, I am glad it has a counter because people with no skill at all get kills using that move at random.

Sure a skilled player waits til he sees everyone at low health and presses it, but it still needs a counter like all other ultimates.

kebbek

08-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyt305 View Post
Karthus ultimate is EZ BUTTON, monkey press big red button!!!

Yes, I am glad it has a counter because people with no skill at all get kills using that move at random.

Sure a skilled player waits til he sees everyone at low health and presses it, but it still needs a counter like all other ultimates.

Agreed. IIt's funny that people are complaining about Karthus' ult instead of Nunu's. If there should be complaining I think it would have been about Nunu's ult. Spell Sheild, Cleanse, Flash....what else gets you out of it?

Don't get me wrong. I love the counters and think they are a great idea. Get them to use their abilities first before you waste big nuke attacks. Adds to strategy

Critical Error

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-20-2009

The difference comes that Nunu's ult is in the heat of combat; making them burn a flash or whatever to counter that still leaves them in the thick of a group fight most times. Karthus ult on the other hand is a cleanup and pretty much (save a few instances where he has lots of AP and he wants to open with it) used after a large scale fight, or just a fight in general. Countering a Nunu still gives you a chance to kill and is more of a forced early pop. Countering a Lich means you dont have any shot to kill unless you had a team mate ready to pounce--in which case no Lich should of popped ult sicne his team mate couldve gotten the kill and you couldve saved your CD for when it was needed, and by the next clash they could have their CD ready again, not so in countering Nunu ult (most times).

klorinator

Adjudicator

08-20-2009

You can interupt nunu with a stun or silence, its only a partial counter based on duration but do you really want to eat the whole thing?

Raving Killa

08-20-2009

Karthus's ult i not overpowered. It just means that you have to play smarter when you are playing against one.
Also I think that it is fine that cleanse can counter Karthus since many other ults can be countered by cleanse. Any ult that stuns or slows can be countered by it. Also, a simple heal can also be a counter since by the time his ult gets real power your summoner heal can give you enough health to survive.
His ult a the noob checker. If you are too new to realize you need to leave a fight with enough health to survive, then it is your own fault and not Riot's.

Rev

Adjudicator

08-20-2009

As a general rule, I'm pretty okay with summoner spells trumping ANY champions abilities including Ultimates. The summoner is a controlling influence hovering over the battlefield, pulling the strings of his chosen puppet champion.

They are higher powers.

Vangu

08-20-2009

People can and still boost out of warwicks ulti..only fair people get out of karthus right? Not that I agree with it as I love karthus and its a huge waste of an ulti if they can get out of it but meh..

Nowitsfair

08-27-2011

agreed

Gurei Fullbuster

08-27-2011

I hate necromancers...

Neither cleanse nor QSS cancel Karthus' ult anymore.