Practice games and minimum players

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zalanthas

01-31-2011

"Unable to start Champion Selection. Custom games must have a minimum of 2 players."

This showed up a few patches ago, mysteriously disappeared, then came back just as suddenly. I heartily disagree. What's wrong with those few people who aren't feeling social who want to play a game alone?

I Am ThDominator

01-31-2011

Ya I agree. Sometimes my friends aren't on and I don't like to do solo que so I just farm up on the custom games. Now, it ruins the purpose of custom games for me because I currently need a friend to do it. If I had a friend to do it I would just do a normal que instead... therefore defeating the purpose of custom games [to me]. It's also fun to just mess around in custom games and I feel that by making a minimum requirement riot is taking away the essence of CUSTOM games. Games that are you are supposed to be able to customize...

Professor Maple

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-01-2011

If I remember right this is not a permanent minimum of 2 players. Riot imposes this when servers are busy to reduce the number of custom games being made. Can someone second or refute this? Don't worry, I believe you should be able to make your 1v1 soraka bot games soon

Blackhealer

02-01-2011

Yeah, Riot imposes this when there are too many custom games going on. This way, they can prevent their servers from crashing.

Villiroth

02-01-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Maple View Post
If I remember right this is not a permanent minimum of 2 players. Riot imposes this when servers are busy to reduce the number of custom games being made. Can someone second or refute this? Don't worry, I believe you should be able to make your 1v1 soraka bot games soon
This is true.

And I have a question for those that have anti-social moments aside from IP farming, why? Why even click on the icon for a MMO if your feeling anti-social?

Razgriez

Platform Engineer

02-01-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

This has been around for a good while and as stated above is a temporary measure used to limit custom games based on server capacity.

Pragmataraxia

02-01-2011

Why do games with only 1 player need to take up space on your servers? If this is actually the reason this happens, I would love to see this as a new feature.

Hudelf

02-02-2011

Seen a few posts on this, perhaps you could make the reason why there's a (temporary) minimum player requirement more transparent? Back when I first started playing I thought this had been a patched change to mitigate IP farming, was confused when later the minimum was removed again. Minor issue, but just a thought.

ScolPL

02-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pragmataraxia View Post
Why do games with only 1 player need to take up space on your servers? If this is actually the reason this happens, I would love to see this as a new feature.
If those games were not stored on server it would be easy to cheat solo games.