Queue Dodging = A Better Game

1234567 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nekogatarime

01-27-2010

I often find it very fulfilling to carry a newb or two to victory, and when I successfully manage this I usually end up with a new friend from either the newbs or the other two decent players that were looking for somebody to play with. So, no que dodging for me.

Devil May LOL

01-27-2010

I have won with heimer and warwick in my team before. Not to say that they are good champs or anything, just that you'll never know the outcome until you try.
Q-dodging is for loser. Hey guys, this team looks bad, we will lose don't even need to try. Let's just give up now and find another game!

Ryude

01-27-2010

Why play a game you already know you lost, that's not creating a challenge. All that does is create OP threads on the forums. Team composition is the single most important factor to winning games, even player skill does not contribute as much as team composition does. So when I see a team made up of 4 tanks, 4 casters, or something ******ed like that, I queue dodge.

Shizuhara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2010

Do you talk first? Maybe suggest a better comp?

Onlyashadow

01-27-2010

A friend and I did a little experiment, we both picked horrible champions (heimer/zilean, revive and smite/fortify) and then started saying ridiculous things in chat:

me: They're gonna freak out when I fort my lvl 3 turrets
him: Tank mode zilean engaged.
-
me: I'm afking this game, I don't feel like playing
him: guess I'll just pick random (revive)

etc etc

and in each lobby NO ONE DODGED US

They let the timer go to :00-setting up game before one of us dodged them.

I then add their names to a list of people to dodge in the future, clearly they are so witless and casual they don't even care if 1-2 players on their team are going to feed purposly/afk/caps lock/etc the whole game.

oneincher

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firu View Post
Then again, there are different types of players. Players who have fun just winning, and players who have fun being challenged.
There is a very large difference between challenging oneself to one's ability and challenging oneself to an intentional handicap.

Ryude

01-27-2010

Your list of names should be pretty **** long then, because the majority of players are not good and unaware of their teammates.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2010

Maybe they weren't reading the chat?

I know if I'm trying to decide what champ to get, then summoner spells, then masteries, I don't always have time to read the chat.

Way to continue making assumptions.

coronaas

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuhara View Post
Do you talk first? Maybe suggest a better comp?
i was sivir and my team picked Malphite/anivia/karthus/Taric

i suggested picking another phys dps champ to push/carry

malphite switched to ashe

O_O

Firu

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onlyashadow View Post
A friend and I did a little experiment, we both picked horrible champions (heimer/zilean, revive and smite/fortify) and then started saying ridiculous things in chat:

me: They're gonna freak out when I fort my lvl 3 turrets
him: Tank mode zilean engaged.
-
me: I'm afking this game, I don't feel like playing
him: guess I'll just pick random (revive)

etc etc

and in each lobby NO ONE DODGED US

They let the timer go to :00-setting up game before one of us dodged them.

I then add their names to a list of people to dodge in the future, clearly they are so witless and casual they don't even care if 1-2 players on their team are going to feed purposly/afk/caps lock/etc the whole game.

Or maybe they just knew you were joking?

Either case, you haven't proved that they were stupid. Just that you were.

In the end, q-dodging breaks the MM math. So you're actually making the situation worse. Riot is doing something about punishing q-dodging, so that should tell you something.

1234567 ... 8