Queue Dodging = A Better Game

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2nickeltipper

Member

01-26-2010

I'm not trying to be a jerk when I say this, but I think queue dodging is great!!

It saves a lot of wasted time and frustration. Also, the more people that do it, the more pressure it puts on RIOT to fix the horrendous matchmaking system.

One tip I offer is to make a list of the folks who are awful in your games in word. Alphabetical is even better. From there you can do quick searches on names that ring a bell.

Another tip is to talk to your team. Say anything, like "who wants mid?" If a Warwick pops up and says he calls mid, you know what to do.

I have had a lot of success with this method. The Warwick I mentioned above called me a noob when I told him Ashe might be a better choice in the mid. So I left. Next game he ended up on the other team. He went 0/8/0. Mid indeed.

Good luck on your dodging. Tips appreciated.

UPDATE:

I think people are misunderstanding my post (especially the me me me guy). I don't dodge because I want to win every game, I dodge because I want competitive games!! If I lose to a team of like skill GREAT!!! I'm happy. What I'm not happy about is getting stuck with a player who shouldn't be in the game, such that it turns it into a joke instead of a competitive match.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Poruku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-26-2010

I just don't have the effort to queue dodge.

If someone wants to screw up and take a champion they can, and my Elo will get tanked even more incorrectly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solution Nine

Member

01-26-2010

I dodge team comps that I don't feel good about. That's about it..I don't have a list of names or anything to dodge.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Karrot

Senior Member

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nickelstripper View Post
It saves a lot of wasted time and frustration. Also, the more people that do it, the more pressure it puts on RIOT to fix the horrendous matchmaking system.
Queue dodging is half of the reason for the horrendous matchmaking system. Why actually learn to play when you can just dodge until your teammates can carry you? Why let matchmaking create fair games when you can just dodge until your team composition is perfect?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Firu

Senior Member

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karrot View Post
Queue dodging is half of the reason for the horrendous matchmaking system. Why actually learn to play when you can just dodge until your teammates can carry you? Why let matchmaking create fair games when you can just dodge until your team composition is perfect?

True. How do you know if MM is even working if you don't play the game? Sure you have one new/bad player on your team. The other team probably has one too. Also, you're doing yourself no favors. Eventually you'll just be the one the rest of the team has to carry and people like you, will start queue dodging you.

Also, MM will never help you if you're q-dodging based on hero selection (which you didn't explicitly say but I know others do).

Also, view it as a life lesson. You can't q-dodge real life situations like this. And if that's too macro a view for you, how about this. You learn better when you're pushed harder. You are not pushing yourself at all. Then again, there are different types of players. Players who have fun just winning, and players who have fun being challenged.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geekweezul

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nickelstripper View Post
I'm not trying to be a jerk when I say this, but I think queue dodging is great!!

It saves a lot of wasted time and frustration.
I think you meant to say:

"It saves ME alot of wasted time and frustration while simultaneously wasting time and frustrating 9 other people. Me, Me, Me, Me. No one but me. I will look for a team that will carry ME...if I do not find a team that can carry ME, I will leave because I deserve better. ME. Everything is about ME. I'm so good at this game that I can tell the skill level of another player simply by looking at a few pictures. ME. I LOVE ME."

There, fix'd for you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Quicktim3

Member

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nickelstripper View Post
I'm not trying to be a jerk when I say this, but I think queue dodging is great!!

It saves a lot of wasted time and frustration. Also, the more people that do it, the more pressure it puts on RIOT to fix the horrendous matchmaking system.

One tip I offer is to make a list of the folks who are awful in your games in word. Alphabetical is even better. From there you can do quick searches on names that ring a bell.

Another tip is to talk to your team. Say anything, like "who wants mid?" If a Warwick pops up and says he calls mid, you know what to do.

I have had a lot of success with this method. The Warwick I mentioned above called me a noob when I told him Ashe might be a better choice in the mid. So I left. Next game he ended up on the other team. He went 0/8/0. Mid indeed.

Good luck on your dodging. Tips appreciated.
i like this guy
+1 for me


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Unemployed Ninja

Senior Member

01-27-2010

i dont dodge ive never dodged and i dont intend to dodge

i dont care much about my w/l ratio im here to play a game win or lose i have more fun saying who i think is going to do good and bad based on their names and the spells they pick for their champion

its more fun to see if you called it right or not than it is to que dodge then ROFLSTOMP someone


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Firu

Senior Member

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekweezul View Post
I think you meant to say:

"It saves ME alot of wasted time and frustration while simultaneously wasting time and frustrating 9 other people. Me, Me, Me, Me. No one but me. I will look for a team that will carry ME...if I do not find a team that can carry ME, I will leave because I deserve better. ME. Everything is about ME. I'm so good at this game that I can tell the skill level of another player simply by looking at a few pictures. ME. I LOVE ME."

There, fix'd for you.

My post above this one was a little more fleshed out and was my attempt at biting my tongue and be constructive. But this post? Far funnier and pretty much accurate.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadowmant

Member

01-27-2010

I don't dodge... ever

Not to say I haven't been tempted with both Warwick and Heimer in the rotation. Had way to many games where both have been on my team at once. Just one can be fine (especially in the hands of a good player) but it hurts to have both on your team late game.


12345 ... 8