A New Champion Approaches: Gragas, the Rabblerouser

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Weretoad

01-26-2010

I love the design of this guy! He looks almost exactly like my old WoW warrior!

kisr10

01-26-2010

yeah I have to agree with the problem of adding new champions. It can be really fun but I think it's going way too fast. I think it's already 3 new champs in one month.

Personally I like it but thinking about it more, there are some champions that need re-balancing and re-tweaking. Not to mention you don't have to worry about variety too much since there's 10 free champs every week. That's a fair restriction because it can really limit champion picks unless you play with rich players.

Putting all that aside, Gragas looks nice but I do see him being a bit too self-sufficient. I can see him outlasting any champion stamina-wise in a lane at any time.

Skinwalker

01-26-2010

What's up with these ugly character models? First Poppy and now this. How about matching interesting skillsets with art templates that don't burn the player's eyes?

MrHoohah

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macktimus Prime View Post
New champion approaches
pandaren brewmaster like guy
but hes a dwarf
and his booze is magenta

By the way, good call on a drunk Champion. I'll have fun with this. Kudos to whoever thought of it. :}D
Well, the concept of being a brewmaster and holding a keg under his arm might be related to the Pandaren, but the two characters play absolutely nothing alike, just so you know!

EDIT: Oh, and, he's not a dwarf. Or if he is, he's a frigging gigantic one. He's bigger than Willump.

Weretoad

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinwalker View Post
What's up with these ugly character models? First Poppy and now this. How about matching interesting skillsets with art templates that don't burn the player's eyes?
They can't please everybody. I love the look of Gragas.

MrHoohah

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skinwalker View Post
Ever played Soul Calibur? Amidst all the scantily clad women and jiggly ****s, there's Voldo, a 50+ year old man in bondage gear with the flexibility of sal****er taffy. He's also an extremely badass character.

Sometimes what is needed in visual variety is shock and awe rather than more prettiness, and I think Gragas does a good job of that.

Not to say there isn't a good amount of it. Mundo, Sion, etc... All pretty spectacularily nasty.

CptChris

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2010

lol, i love all the negativity over getting a new hero. its like people are upset that you are making more characters. id like to see them do all the programming and designing it takes to just fix a bug. haha. and voip on a game....i love that you guys have that in your future goals, but do people really think that it is really easy even with a team of developers to do something that lofty?
im glad that there are two new heroes announced for this patch coming up. it seems like a better patch than last time already.
im excited for when you do release more maps out of beta. it should be great.
all in all, i have no complaints over the fact that you guys work so hard to release new stuff for us on a regular basis and i dont even have to pay for it one bit.
caskmaster = non panda brewmaster. i think its funny. i dont mind a resemblance between characters when i still love DotA.
his abilities seem like he would come with more HP since he doesnt have any particularly "WOW!" kind of abilities. im excited to see how he plays.

Macktimus Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHoohah View Post
Well, the concept of being a brewmaster and holding a keg under his arm might be related to the Pandaren, but the two characters play absolutely nothing alike, just so you know!

EDIT: Oh, and, he's not a dwarf. Or if he is, he's a frigging gigantic one. He's bigger than Willump.
I'm aware. No need to try and correct me for a post I made jokingly about vague similarities between characters from different games. MrTakeTheFunOutOfIt

Dhalsar

01-26-2010

I would have prefer the exact same abilities but i imagined this Car as a Dwarf.

ReinMaker

01-26-2010

There are many great comments on this thread.

1) groups of people praising Riot's dedicating (w00t)
2) people hating on new heroes (slash) lack of originality
3) people hating on people hating on new heroes (slash) lack of originality
4) an outcry for other elements to this game

Personally, I stopped playing DotA (which I played for years) because LoL has more unique features (I dont need to list them). It would be nice to see some of those 'in developments' to come out or at least be updated. DotA had 96 heros when I stopped playing....LoL has 50ish? (not in the mood to count). There are enough heroes to keep the game fresh for now. New maps would further keep things fresh.

Only hero comment I have. It seems that some of the heroes have stacked abilites....take our newest future hero....if I am reading this right:

nuke, mana regen (increase dmg out, decrese dmg in), slow, slow with knockback and a passive heal. This is pure Crowd Control. Then he doest have to take a break to heal or mana up. I dont know that I like seeing this much 'power' in one hero. Other example...I dont think tanks should be able to heal (allistar, nidalee though more of a power hero than a thank etc.) If you want more heroes, spread the abilites around IMO otherwise you will end up repeating yourselves.

Thanks for reading. <3

Rein