DnD Alignments for LoL Champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkShurelia

Associate Game Designer

01-27-2011

fun. = )

Areia Polias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2011

Now the true question. Where does Dark Shurelia fall on the alignment scale?

Malzahearty Soup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-27-2011

I'd like to officially file for an alignment of Lawful Good. I've had a change of heart, and some of my recent goodly actions have been:

1). Give presents to orphanages.
2). Make donations to charities.
3). Helping a young lady cross the street

It was an oversight that the presents to orphanages all turned out to be voidlings, and I proclaim bad luck that they ate the faces off of the orphans. The intent was noble, I think, and that speaks louder than the end.

True, the most common charity I make donations to is the void cult charity, and that the donations sometimes involve souls, horrors, and terrible truths; but the point of it is that I have made the effort of donating. If it works out, I can begin donating to other charities such as the void army and the void world liberation charities. Small steps first.

And as for the young lady... look, it was a very dimensional street, okay? It was still a street she needed help crossing.

So here is my official application for an alignment of Lawful Good. Believe in me!

Yakri

01-28-2011

I think Ezreal leans a bit towards chaotic good, rather than chaotic neutral, but maybe you could say his hovering right on the edge from swapping over from neutral to good.

I think it says something in his bio about disliking such and such evil/disreputable/despicable factions, which means he has a bias against evil doers, which means not neutral.

Dracozero

01-28-2011

Veigar is most likely chaotic Evil.

Captain Netz

01-28-2011

I don't understand how Morgana is chaotic neutral.
Then again that one has always confused me.

Hotarukin

01-28-2011

Most of Ionia is going to be lawful (with certain exceptions such as udyr being chaotic) Neutral.
Most of Demacia is going to be lawful, but I wouldn't say "good".
Most of Noxus is going to be LN to LE.
Most of Freljord will be Chaotic anything.
Most of Piltover will be Lawful or Neutral good.
Most of Zaun will be True Neutral at best. (Janna being chaotic good or neutral?)
Most of the Extraterrestrial beings are somewhat obvious (Malphite is LN) while others are more complicated (if Morgana is to be believed, it's not a matter of good versus evil, it's a matter of tyrants vs the oppressed, which could be fitting)
Void creatures are the closest thing to chaotic evil this world could possibly know :P

EtherMage

01-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catspaw View Post
Now the true question. Where does Dark Shurelia fall on the alignment scale?
There are no words to express the depth of her evilness. She exceds every classification. I bet I wouldn't be alive to tell you if I just said "Chaotic Evil".

Synaptic

01-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonicous View Post
wow as a DnD player i have seen a lot of wrong alignment choices there is more to it than just if they are from the void or from Ionia that makes an alignment...... or should i say personality

having read the backstories and taking into consideration League Judgements and Goals for being in the league here is my opinion

Lawful Good - Garen, Xin Zhao, Kayle, Irelia, Master Yi, Galio, Poppy

Neutral Good - Te emo, Sona, Alistar, Ashe, Zilean, Soraka, Ryze

Chaotic Good - Tristana, Corki, Heimerdinger, Lux, Blitzcrank, Taric, Janna, Anivia, Nunu

Lawful Neutral - Shen, Akali, Kennen, Pantheon, Malphite

Neutral - Sivir, Twisted Fate, Tryndamere, Jax, Rammus, Amumu, Annie

Chaotic Neutral - Miss Fortune, Trundle, Ezreal, Gragas, Udyr, Nidalee, Kassadin, Olaf

Lawful Evil - Swain, Katarina, Nasus, Mordekaiser, Cassiopea

Neutral Evil - Scion, Urgot, Evelyn, Karthus, Malzahar, Vladimir

Chaotic Evil - Cho'Gath, Kog'Maw, Shaco, Renekton, Twitch, Morgana, Warwick, Gangplank, Fidlesticks, Veigar
I would agree with almost all your placements except for two: Nasus (who I think should be Lawful Neutral) and Anivia (who i think should trend more towards Neutral Good or Lawful good due to her role as an elemental guardian on her homeworld.)

Possible other change: Twitch to Chaotic Neutral. His goal is only to replicate the process that created him. Though insane, he is not a psycopath like Shaco. Just a thought.

CoolHeroBro

01-28-2011

I dunno guys, Sion doesn't strike me as particularly sadistic in any way. He's kind of Chaotic Neutral.