Release Notes 08/19/09

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guinsoo

Game Designer

08-19-2009
9 of 10 Riot Posts

Yes, it didn't make it into the patch notes, but:

All backdooring prevention exploits are fixed - ONLY minions that spawned from the inhibitor will reduce the armor.

DT777

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harasame View Post
HoN is a rehash of DotA. LoL is another MOBA game, just as DotA is a MOBA game. And congrats, you named off everything that basically makes up a MOBA game. And if you had been playing it since Eul's time, you would know that DotA is an AoS, it did not make this entire game genre on its own.
DT. Dark Templar. Yah, I've played SC. Yes I've played AoS.

But how many people who actually play DotA have heard of AoS? not that many. And if they have, it's been in passing. DotA is one of those things where the original sits squarely in one of its successor's shadow.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

08-19-2009
10 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
Yes, it didn't make it into the patch notes, but:

All backdooring prevention exploits are fixed - ONLY minions that spawned from the inhibitor will reduce the armor.
I'm sorry, I don't really understand the mechanic you are saying.

Previously did mushrooms or something reduce the towers armor as if they were minions?

Adonis

Emissary of the League

08-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skystriker View Post
I'm sorry, I don't really understand the mechanic you are saying.

Previously did mushrooms or something reduce the towers armor as if they were minions?
Yes. so did clairvoyances and rallies.

Jascari

08-19-2009

awsome update

Moncaz

08-19-2009

Im dissapointed that we still have to spend hours combining runes to test them....

Dust1n

08-19-2009

I personally think this update ruined your game.

Ensign

08-19-2009

Why oh why would you remove runes from the generator and not nerf their stats into the ground?

Sayan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-19-2009

There are a lot of stealth changes in this build that did not make it into the patch notes, who is to blame for this catastrophe?!? Anyways all in all I'm pretty impressed, now keep it up and I love whoever decided Cho'gath needed a buff, I bow down to you...

Edit: Client optimisation is obviously needed escpecially when selecting a champion, rune page and summoner skill.etc It still feels sluggish and the Rune system still needs a lot of work, I will elaborate more after more testing/gaming...

Florburz

08-19-2009

I cannot wait to try these new champions.

You are nearing the 40 mark riot, keep it up!