Release Notes 08/19/09

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dust1n

08-19-2009

Okay i can live with the RYZE buffs but..WTF a JAX buff???????? Please rethink that by the next patch, he was already ridiculously ruining games.

FiRe2

08-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher View Post
Sivir prior to the patch was one of the most broken heroes in the game. Her push game is ridiculous and her ultimate is insane in team fights. She was a common ban in the baron nashor cup, and when she wasn't banned, the teams were quick to utilize her. In random pub games, the team that has a sivir usually wins just because of the fact that the other team doesn't have a sivir. WHY WAS SHE BUFFED?!
quote for emphasis.

DrJo

08-19-2009

Well im glad there are new heroes but the servers are still down i want to play u.u and what on earth happened why did JAX, EVELYN and the LICH got Buffed :S i simply dont get it oh and dont even mention twitch getting buffed :S

Guinsoo

Game Designer

08-19-2009
3 of 10 Riot Posts

To explain the logic behind some of the buffs to 'overpowered' characters:

These changes were systematic - we wanted to across the board make characters better at early game combat. We felt in many cases that the problem was either stat based or that abilities deal too little damage at the first couple levels. This problem is fundamental to the game - we want the game to be fun and exciting early on. So, we're fixing this problem.

Might this make some imba characters slightly more imba? Maybe. But it's important to get the game feeling the way we want it to before it's super balanced. This is beta, after all!

In general our design philosophy is to make something fun, then bug free, and then balanced.

As an FYI, we do have a planned remake for Sivir coming soon, as well as possibly Ashe.

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

08-19-2009

So was the point of this patch to make the bad heroes worse (Annie) and good heroes better (Jax, Twitch).

I mean I understand the nerf to Tristana's life, but how does having a refreshing Rocket Jump make ANY sense?

ThaSUPREME

The Council

08-19-2009

Jax is getting too much love.

Therox

08-19-2009

You can't see every change of the champions for its own...we can only say if the changes were great mistakes or not after we played with them...

bdschuss

08-19-2009

Should this prototype reconnect work if you BSOD or only if your game crashes? Just wondering since I have a brother that just loves to BSOD

Razzle Dazzle

Adjudicator

08-19-2009

thata alot of content O.o

Runic

08-19-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
As an FYI, we do have a planned remake for Sivir coming soon, as well as possibly Ashe.
If you touch my Ashe, i will be forced to be very very sad.