Dread gives Fiddles away. Working as intended?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-24-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Good points. I'll look into adjusting this - thank you.

Tuks

01-24-2011

Sugestion:

After casting a spell, fiddle aura turn on for 10-15 sec..
besides that, its off..

raise the power a little bit to make it consistent with actual values.

emptyopen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2011

as another suggestion for improvement, could we just have it so that all debuffs and buffs like dread and starks and all that are only visible to the opposing team when the champion supplying those buffs and debuffs are visible? their effects would still apply obviously.

Captain Alejo

01-24-2011

If someone has a persistent AoE aura and you are in that area you will realize you are under those effects whether you can see them or not.

Imagine walking onto cursed ground as a White Mage/Priest - Why would it fail to be apparently until some undead come bursting forth?

It doesn't show where he is, it just says he is near by.

restlessraccoon

01-24-2011

why is it like this?
with irelia i dont get the buff icon unless i can see my enemy...
they might be in the bush im about to facecheck (cause im pro like that) and it wont appear...
either make it for all or for none.

emptyopen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekir Atari View Post
This really isn't the same though. -MR can contribute to taking a champion's MR into negative values whereas +MPen cannot.

A value of 10 -MR vs. 10 +MPen is fairly negligible by itself, but when coupled with an Abyssal Scepter or teammates (Wall of Pain, etc.), a change like this completely changes the dynamic of the champion.

As a counter-suggestion, how about if the debuff is applied for [X] seconds (3/5/7?) by any spell that Fiddlesticks land on an enemy? This could be coded so that the debuff is applied before the damage and other effects (if your code structures allow for that type of thing, of course) and would keep him the same as he is now, just not as detectable. Of course, it wouldn't stack on itself, just refresh the duration of the debuff.

Thanks for reading.

but that doesn't give your ally champions the extra damage

HatLlama

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryedan View Post
I hate that too. I'll try and make a suggestion to convert it into an AoE Buff (+magic pen).

Veigar's old passive had the same problem, and it was one of the tiny things on the list of reasons to change it.
So much for "different departments". That said, could you also code the replays while you're at it?

ZenRush

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xparks View Post
He has a teleport aoe 150 dmg a second ult. And a fear to keep you in it, while he heals himself from your hp. I think having that as a clue you're about to die is pretty fair.
lol

ashmandor

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryedan View Post
Veigar's old passive had the same problem, and it was one of the tiny things on the list of reasons to change it.
icwutudidthar

Panda Banana

01-24-2011

Here's a simple suggestion:

APPLY THE DEBUFF ONLY WHEN FIDDLESTICKS IS VISIBLE.