[Champion Suggestion] Gregori Hastur, The Gray Warlock

1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

4death4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-23-2011

Too further continue the new bloodlines, I'd like to introduce Annie's parents...
Gregori Hastur, the Gray Warlock
Need some thoughts for a younger version, Annie is what, 8-9? So her parents would be near the 30s? I wouldn't know please help me out here. Should her parents be yordles, what kind of clothes would they even wear and what kind of weapons would they use, if any at all. Would they wear glasses, what color eyes would they have? Post your ideas I will include them all so you can see you idea.
Attachment 108080 Attachment 107640
Amoline, the Shadow Witch

Click this link to view more that I have created or liked and vote for the Gray Order to be a part of the League.

Quote:
Statistics:

Attack- 3/10
Health- 7/10
Spells- 8/10
Difficulty- 6/10

*Damage - 52(+2.563/per level)
*Basic attack range - 300
*Health - 460(+88/per level)
*Move speed - 310
*Armor - 16(+4/per level)
*Spellblock - 32(+0/per level)
*Health regen - 1.24(+.16/per level)
*Mana regen - 0.8(+ 0.12/per level)

Quote:
Attributes:

*Pet
*Tank
*Support
*Disabler
*Short range
*Summon
*Tough
*Scout
Lore

Much mystery surrounds the origin of Gregori Hastur but for as long as anyone has actually known him, he was a Gray Warlock long before his hair turned gray. He dabbled in things that would make most tremble at even the thought of black magic, but because no one was ever killed or severely hurt for no good reason, he fit somewhere in the middle between black & white, using his powers of illusion and command of the dead to mystify and teach. He founded a group with his wife called "the Gray Order", they vowed to use their unique dark magics to defend rather than assault, and this would be the way of the Gray Order.

Noxus Commanders and Councilors became intrigued by his work and wanted him to join the military, being naively stubborn he refused. He being one of the leaders of his group "the Gray Order", he stood in high honor to the legion and would not leave his loyal comrades astray including the love of his life. This is where Raschallion decides enough with discrepancies and has him exiled from Noxus, having been offended by refusal to service the Warlock's homeland.

Stripped of dignity and a home Gregori, the Gray Warlock and "the Gray Order" fled the vile city in peace, in hopes of never to return unless Raschallion, the High Commander be put to death. Being a military superpower on this particular stitch in time, would be a destiny in Noxian favor, giving them no choice.

The clan was in nowhere to flee, until they found solitude in the Northern mountain groves of the desolate and mysterious Voodoo Lands. This is where their power was in the perfect atmosphere to grow, vastly and stronger than ever. He and his wife Amoline gave birth to a frighteningly powerful little girl who would become one the greatest champions to walk the Fields of Justice, also being born in such a magical environment she too honed her skilled powers of destruction and mayhem.

With the combined knowledge of the arcane runed tomes that they managed to retrieve from the Noxian library, the dark magics renown for being "the Gray Order's" own. They gave their daughter Annie Hastur, what every parent wishes for their child and that is the best of both and worlds, and she received nothing less. Now what had made them outcasts, makes them the strongest bond. Feared too, knowing their whereabouts and how they managed to flee Noxus, with scrolls of ancient magic none the less.

Many believed that they succumbed to the Voodoo Lands and were never able to leave for it's magical atmosphere gave them no reason. That was until Annie joined the League, which now speculates they must be in hiding somewhere. No man or woman has returned from the Voodoo Lands alive, Noxian scouts have been sent to gather any possible evidence, none have returned after years and are no longer expected.

Sending Annie into battle is just a taste of what is yet to come for the High Commander. In high hopes of their newly born she was not thrown into the war, she joined to avenge her family's home, to return her family home. The return of the Gray Order will bring about the conquest of the new sinister city and its so called High Commander to bring peace once again to what was the great city, and home of the now known Gray Order.

"This sort of power could bring a rune war not even time can heal. I fear this family's power, it would be unwise to, for fear can be a useful ally." Zilean Chronokeeper

Quote:
Spells:

[Passive] Exile After dying, for the duration of death time, is able to roam free with only 1 hit point. Wandering too near an enemy champion after becoming stealth, reveals you to the enemy spotting.(cannot use any type of spells in this phase including summoner spells or buy items, since this would add the item in bag before he revived.)

[Q] Grave Misfortune A delayed nuke /disable that would leave the champion in a dream like state and take magic damage upon ending sleep, which if attacked target will awake with reduced armor and magic resistance for a short duration, this also has reverse effects on allied champions boosting move speed and arm/mr for the same duration as the sleep.
-range 450
-CD -16/15/14/13/12
-sleep duration -1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 sec
-arm/mr reduction/additional -5/10/15/20/25
-speed boost -4%/8%/12%/16%/20%
-dot duration/damage -1.5/1.75/2/2.25/2.5 sec totaling -60/80/120/160/180 + (0.4AP) damage begins at end of sleep state.
-mana cost -60/65/70/75/80

[W] Death's Embrace Active The champion is protected by an exoskeleton breastplate, this ability absorbs damage and doubles armor/mr from the passive bonus. Passive when not on cooldown Gregori has increased armor/mr, when on cooldown all stats are returned to normal(with exception of items of course).
-CD -12/11/10/9/8
-passive arm/mr bonus -4/8/12/16/20
-active shield absorption/duration -40/80/120/160/200 2 sec+(0.4AP)
-mana cost -60/70/80/90/100

[E] The Awakening The cast is channeled and is interrupt-able with silence or stun, this also summons a ghostlike image of himself causing a percentage of his damage, mimicking spells for a short duration. This disables Gregori for a few seconds while channeling, while able to navigate pet it is unable to cast or attack until the channel portion has ended.
-CD -28/27/26/25/24 sec
-range -600
-channel time -4 sec (CD starts after channel is complete/interrupted)
-summon lifetime -8/10/12/14/16 always deals 50% damage
-mana -cost 80/90/100/110/120
-Unable to double cast The Coven
-Double DoT 'ing with Grave Misfortune, ally casts are self cast
-Death's Embrace self cast by image on double cast

[R] The Coven The spell is cast on the ground as a portal which allied players can use to teleport to Gregori, enemies are unable to enter this area while allies are able to move freely. (this does not block spells or range attacks)
-CD -200/180/160 sec
-full map range
-AoE -300/350/400(summoning circle, or star, or both)
-mana cost -250/300/400
-Duration - 4 sec
Quote:
I try to keep summoner spells in mind for all my champions and this one is based on Teleport:
Imp. Rally; these two spells can be used to greatly utilize the team fight and scouting capabilities.
Flash; can be used to escape easily or as a pounce with [E] spell.
Clarity; ensures dominance early game like most casters
Ignite; another DoT
Imp. Ghost; huge speed burst with buff from [Q] spell
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4death4 View Post

Playing as, Tips:
*Buying wards and using teleport as a summoner spell utilizes the effectiveness of Exile making an extremely useful scout.
*Grave misfortune can be used to escape sprinting, or to disable allowing multiple opportunities of escape, also boosting armor/mr makes this champion a possible tank/initiator.
*The Coven what makes this spell so viable is that it can be used to bring in a reinforcement, or prevent an enemy kill, notify who it is you're summoning or they will be hesitant and the spell will be foiled.
*The Awakening is primarily to ward off opponents dealing less damage does not pose an actual threat and must be used wisely.

Playing against, tips:
*If you suspect Gregori is mia or has been reported mia, avoid entering brush near your lane, as this could result in an ambush.
*Avoid attempting a kill alone even if he weak as this could be a trick into luring you foward with his clone spell The Awakening.
*If Gregori is doing well early game buy wards magic/reg to avoid getting ganked.

Playing as a team, tips:(new suggestion of my own)
*Though being a support Gregori has no heal, making a lot of his abilities solely based for the champion and initiation abilities rather than team supportive.
*If you are not warned before The Coven is cast be hesitant to use, take the given time to make a decision.
*Try to allow for this general of a champion to lead on in teamfights as his suicidal tendencies may have a method behind the madness.
Quote:
Skin ideas:
*Professor Gregori
-Spectral/Ghost Gregori
*Exiled Gregori
-Sorcerer Gregori
*Gregori the Black Warlock a scary Halloween sort of skin :^0
-Gregori the White Warlock or Groovy Gregori like Zilean but more modern day druid look(plain white robe)
*Santa Gregori
-Sherpa Gregori lol the carrier
*Pilgrim Gregori
-Librarian Gregori
*Encino Gregori (a scraggly caveman skin)

I feel I need to show my changes since there are a few, here they are:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4death4 View Post

V1.0 22/01/2011- Siripin: the Master Summoner Original Idea and artwork
V1.1 22/01/2011- New lore/entire concept change
V1.2 23/01/2011-edit on spells [W]"bone shield"3 hits with increased armor/mr/shield
^also edit on [Passive] "Ghastly Chariot" after exiting combat increases move speed.
V1.3 23/01/2011- additional lore
V1.4 24/01/2011-The Coven revised to avoid trolling/team dominance
and lore edit.
V1.5 25/01/2011additional spell fixes/changes, added tips.
and new tip idea "teamplay tips allied with X champion"
V1.6 25/01/2011 Added a passive/active to [W] Death's Embrace (suggestion)
also changed The Awakening balancing purposes
V1.7 26/01/2011 Implemented numbers subject to change using 4 as a multiple
V1.8 26/01/2011 Removed sub-name "Gregori, of the Gray Order"
V1.9 26/01/2011 Changed The Coven's cast mechanics
V2.0 27/01/2011Added stats and new picture
V2.1 27/01/2011Stuffgoesboom created Amoline (link added) also added much needed lore
V2.2 28/01/2011I love lore
V2.3 28/01/2011Added skin ideas
V2.4 02/02/2011Changed The Awakening channel time and lifetime
V2.5 03/02/2011Changed The Coven does not absorb damage it is now a growing scale AoE summon and acts as a wall to enemies
I am not the greatest artist I also took pics with my BB so quality is garb, my apologies, and since I am no game balancer I have no clue how to apply the range/damage/ability scaling, if you like my idea please help me here so it continues. Please don't persecute me for plagiarism it is merely and idea for combining lores(since Kat and Nas did). Also working on Amoline the Shadow Witch will link or combine, thinking of using this spell build for her instead and creating a purely nuke based champion for the warlock, since a warlock is kind of a scary non supportive person.

Enrayged

01-24-2011

Interesting...

I didn't expect Annie's father to be a support caster, but... whatevz - he has some pretty cool mechanics (his passive mainly - I take it it's main use would be to scout around the map?)

The only thing that concerns me is his ult - it seems like it could be used to troll too easily...

4death4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enrayged View Post
Interesting...

(his passive mainly - I take it it's main use would be to scout around the map?)

The only thing that concerns me is his ult - it seems like it could be used to troll too easily...
lol by troll you mean QQ about its OPness, hardly any different than shen really except that it can be used to save the newbs that solo deep in lanes late game, and yes scout I don't see how this hasn't been implemented already maybe it's a bad idea(being 1 shottable and so many aoe these days I would like to think not).

Drake O Dagger

01-24-2011

No, in this case the Ult would be broken not because of power, but because of how easy it is to abuse. Skills that move your teammates can be used by trolls to HURT your team, by running into the enemy base and summoning your squishy champ right next to the enemy towers when there are a bunch of minions there, thus killing them. Even a damage absorbing shield can't fully negate the abuse this can have.

On top of that, the Passive can be abused by idiots who die once, then spend the entire game as a ghost (or as much as they can against everyone who doesn't by anti-stealth items, which will be everyone low-tier, making this guy a god there, though he'd be absolute garbage in high-tier games), doing nothing but "scouting". I personally just think its a bad mechanic.

4death4

Recruiter

01-24-2011

I srsly dont know what difference there is between The Coven and Teleport with wards.... and goes for passive meant to add that its only for the purposed death time at time of death.

Suggest rather than abuse please because this isn't a bad mechanic, and if so shen is as well.

I do see how this can cause immense trolling, so what if it was changed to a door that the chosen player had the option to go to Gregori?

Kintaro Asama

01-24-2011

I think drake is wrong honestly. Nothing is wrong with the passive. No one who is taking the game seriously would intentionally die so they can scout. Maybe trolls would, but what is the difference between that and the mobility boot, zeal stacking variety we see oh so often? The walking ward upon death mechanic while not super powerful is most certainly helpful.

The ult works fine too. Instead of summoning a gate which can cause silly things to happen, a simple yes or no option window could appear. Problem solved. It may be a little clunky but it is a fine mechanic. It is like Shen in reverse. You can save an ally, or call in reinforcements. It would just need a very long cooldown.

4death4

Recruiter

01-24-2011

Support or tank/caster? I think there is more than meets the eye here if you reall imagine playing this champion and the multiple possibilities you would love it as much as I do.
This is sounding more and more like that story from the bible about the four hourseman. This being the pale rider named death and hell follows him.

Drake O Dagger

01-25-2011

Okay, the changes in wording you've made, and the slight changes you've made to the champ itself, completely change how it looks. It makes tons more sense now (and I don't doubt having actually slept now has helped clear my mind a lot so it makes even more sense). I'll comment on this version in a bit.

lKvothe

01-25-2011

Give him an extra 15% move speed during passive.
Give his W some kind of active. Make it sort of like like malphite's passive except it can be doubled as well as doubling the armor/mag-res on active.
The E is interesting if it works the way I think it does but somewhat confusing. Is it like you switch control to the pet while being channeled?
The ultimate sounds cool. I'd like to see it used.
Check out my champ if you want.

4death4

Recruiter

01-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan360 View Post
The E is interesting if it works the way I think it does but somewhat confusing. Is it like you switch control to the pet while being channeled?
Check out my champ if you want.
Actually it still needs some rethinking, but I was planning on using as a decoy type for first few seconds attacking minions only, while being channeled. After channel is complete, becomes usable like a pet using Alt+ right click to navigate, and targeting in unison. I refuse to add any additional speed to the [Passive] 15% is quite alot when that was the ideal cap for the increased speed on [Q] Grave Misfortune.

1234511 ... 12