Funeral of Haelion Bastion (Thread RP)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lu Caos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2011

A figure stood to the back of the procession, garbed in a respectful black cloak, with a hood pulled up covering most of his face, it was hard to tell if he'd just shown up or had been there all along but as the man drew back the hood revealing him to be Lu Caos, as usual his right eye was closed, a somber expression on his face in place of his almost perpetual aloof expression. Lu wasn't fond of funerals, in fact, he felt down right uncomfortable at them, but the least he could do was show up at a fellow ionian's funeral out of respect. He slowly moved his way up to the front, to the little chest where people could give an offering. He was not a man of words or speeches, reaching into his cloak he withdrew an odd gem, it seemed to glow with an inner light but the most strange of all, it seemed to be a combination of 5 different gems all into one perfectly balanced jewel. He placed it within the box giving a respectful bow, before turning and making his way back to where he was before.

K D Bonez

01-20-2011

((just want to apologize again for the brute entry. I'm busy as all holy reckoning, so I had to work with what I had. I'll try to respond again to the reponse when I get a chance))

Talz

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by K D Bonez View Post
((just want to apologize again for the brute entry. I'm busy as all holy reckoning, so I had to work with what I had. I'll try to respond again to the reponse when I get a chance))
(( You don't need to apologize, yours has been one of my favorite posts so far. I re-read it twice I was so impressed by the style. If this is your work when you are under stress, I can't wait to see what you can do when you have free time. ))

Cpt Suicide

01-21-2011

Galvor arrived late to the funeral, and he knew it. He rarely used any sort of transportation besides walking. He had changed his normal battle garb for a darker cloak for mourning. He slowly made his way up to the gravestone, and looked down the box. "You helped me control my powers, you helped me become who I am today. It may not be much, but I hope this shows how much it meant. Rest in peace my mentor."

From Galvor's gauntlets came a small amount of metal that he crafted into a slim cube, after staring at the cube for a moment a glowing orb of pure energy appeared inside. It bounced along the insides of the cube, never dimming or fading. Energy in its purest form, Galvor bent down and placed the cube inside the box and moved to take a seat.

((http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/132))

((Edited - accidentally italicized his short words, meant to be spoken.))

DarkShurelia

Associate Game Designer

01-21-2011

(( Does Haelion have a character page, or is there a place I can find his background?))

Koragon

01-21-2011

((http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/21))
((Excuse the picture, for it is flawed and unscanned))

Unasetra

01-21-2011

She listed the speeches becoming ever sadder in the loss she listed to Nin-aj but honestly couldn't pay as much attention as she would have liked, the words people said in his honor ringed in her ears he had done so much for her.. for all of them she couldn't believe someone so powerful was gone. She shifted and was brought back to reality she looked up at Nin-aj and grasped his hand for support she held her gift tightly and was quiet waiting for the next speaker.

Tourist Fjord

01-22-2011

Thoughts flickering, burning through the crowds with uneasy, deliberate pace, as the Noxian made his presence made to them all. A Shadow, seemingly fading away under the lights of a purgatorial power, where honour of the departed spanned beyond the reaches of nationalistic pride. Smoke trailed overhead, filtering through and across the beams of light, a slow and catatonic motion, drifting aimlessly above the mourners.

A step taken forth, and another... Attention diverted, attention focused, as the shaded figure made his way through, towards the altar, towards the grave of Haelion Bastion. A slow pulse of breath, a flittering, cascading force of deep indigo coursing over his body, as he brings an arm out to his face, holding it... Constructing himself and composing for his own speech.... Kassadin, bringing himself to bear, stands upright, turning to each of the individuals within the crowd, facing them with his intense, unstraining study. He begins, steady pace and prepared, orating his speech for the Fallen...

"I Believe It Goes Beyond Words And Description... These Events That We Find Ourselves Here For... The Tides Of Time Are Indeed... Cruel. But Let Us Not Forget, Let Us Not Despise Or Scorn, Let Us Not Idolize Or Worship, Let Us Not Be Sombre Or Lost, For He Was A Man, And His Loss, Great And Tragic, Was Not Without Cause. He Did Not Fall For Vanity, He Did Not Fall For Gain... No... He Rose, Rose, To Fight Against The Forever Dark, The Evil That Lurks Within Both Worlds.
He Fought For Us....
Let Us Not Stray From This. Let. Us. Not. Lose. Hope.
"

He pauses, his voice trailing in the comatose air, the sense of Neutral respect, formed not of rivalry nor worship ebbed through him... With a slow pace, he brings himself forward, hands clasped onto the podium with a great, but silent force, as he leans forth, speaking oncemore.

"He Was A Man! Yes! But This Is The Single Greatest Triumph, The Victory Above All Else! He Was Human! He Loved This World And Lost So Much Protecting It. He Loathed That Which Would Corrupt It, And Sought To Protect It, With Every Ounce, Every Pound And Measure Of His Body, With All His Resolve And Spirit, He Acted Only As A Man Would; He Fought. He Stood His Ground, For That He Loved, For That He Treasured. That IS The Greatest Honour."

An Arm strikes up to the Heavens, pointing, clasped in pure, coursing emotion, as Kassadin launches himself back, arched towards the Altar, the Memorial grounds for the Ionu, Bastion, and those lost to the cruel hands of Death...

"He Was Not A Rival, He Was Not A Villain! He Had Those Who He Loved, Those Who He Treasured And Laughed And Smiled And Protected! He Was Not A Legend, A Mere Myth Or Fable With No Action Or Intention In Those Words! One Hundred Statues Carved of Marble, To Perfect Detail, Could Not Convey The Thousands Upon Thousands Of Emotions And Thoughts That Ran Through Him. This Is What It Means To Be A Man. This Is What It Means To Stand Up To Fate. Never Surrender. Never Lose The Light."

A Halt. The Crescendo of Noise, The Power of Voice stilled, drifting even now through the Air, the ghostly cries of passion and emotion... Nulled in an instant, as Kassadin brings himself down, reaching for a bundle kept to his side... He brings it slowly, up into the air, in front of the crowds, before speaking once more...

"This Is My Gift. We Have Opened The Way. We Have Tried To Seal It. My Gift To You, Great Warrior, Is But A Tome... Tomb Of The Secrets Of Void. They Shall Not Be Heard, For This Is The Only Way. The Way Shall Be Sealed. Thank You... Haelion Bastion..."

And With this motion, a silent gesture made, the Tome, the Journal, is placed into the Chest.... Sealed away, protected from the gazing eyes, beyond the sight of the Corruptible, and the Avaricious... Kassadin pauses, hovering over the Chest, before nodding, bowing his head in honour and respect... Before making his way, back into the unknown shadows...

"Transcendence And Balance In All Things Shall Lead To Everlasting Peace..."

Rafeo

01-23-2011

Rafeo stepped up to the platform.

"Haelion was a great man. He was a powerful fighter.
He took up His cause and died for it. I am as sad as any of You to learn of His death.

But I am not here to mourn Him. I am here to celebrate His life!
I am here to acknowledge this great man for His life, not His death.
I know that His passing is hard for You.It hit Me like a minotaur's charge.

But that won't stop Me. No; I choose to keep fighting I will not stop.
I will avenge His death! I will fight the void! I will keep My home free of taint!

I WILL FIGHT!"

He said these last words boldly Encouraging those around Him.

After saying this He returned to where He was sitting and waited for the next speaker.

NinajFridge

01-23-2011

Nin-aj leaned down and whispered in Una's ear, "Have we nothing to say? I think whatever I say would be already said much better."