Mac Users

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

01-22-2010
7 of 9 Riot Posts

Riot isn't currently putting resources into supporting LoL on non-Windows clients. Often Wine developers will work with players of a game to make Wine supportable by LoL.

Of course, if you approach Riot and say "If you changed X Y and Z in your code, LoL would work on Wine", you'd have a far better chance of having Riot support for it. As it is right now, you're asking Riot to set aside development resources for this, and they're currently tied up with all manner of other things right now.

There's a useful Wine thread in this forum where people were collaborating on various issues with it. You might have some luck there.

Again, sorry that I can't give you the answer that you're looking for. It's just not at the top of the priority list right now (and many many users would be yelling at Riot if it was :P)

Astreth

01-25-2010

does that wine bottle thing work for running LoL on a mac
and crossover doesnt work unfortunately ive tryed it

Astreth

01-25-2010

i wish i could use bootcamp but this is my schools laptop and alot of things have admin passwords so i cant run bootcamp because its locked
i wish i new a way to bypass admin passwords

Astreth

01-25-2010

i am right now dling the vmware fusion 3.0 and im gunna try it out for 30 days

Astreth

01-25-2010

any way ive been going over to my bros house play LoL and im now lvl 25 wich im quiet proud of and i have my good games and my bad games my win lost ratio isnt bad but its like 114-112
its not great but its positive

Astreth

01-25-2010

ya i need a admin password to install vmware fusion...
w/e i guees i can w8 acouple years until its released on mac

RyuuKitten

01-25-2010

I find it funny that the main reason has been "OMG YOU'RE LOSING SO MANY CUSTOMERS"

Mac has what? Like 12% Market share? How many of those 12% -actually- game on their macs? And how many of that population would -actually- be playing LoL? I'm willing to bet, not that many.

I know when I buy a mac the last thing on my mind is gaming, because if I wanted to game a windows PC will do it better, easier and for less money.

So sorry the best buy/apple employee managed to con you into buying a mac because "Everything works fine with VMFusion!" but you aren't a priority. Getting features like draft mode is.

Ando77

01-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapermaster View Post
can only play on a mac if you use bootcamp.
what is bootcamp and where can you get it

Suffocation

01-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando77 View Post
what is bootcamp and where can you get it
google is your friend

It's standard on every Intel mac nowadays. It's breaking up your hard disk in two parts. At starting up your comp you choose the windows side or the mac side.

I'm running LoL on my mac, through bootcamp on windows xp

vvv2233

02-12-2010

i think leageof ledgends is wierd hon is better
but it s verry interesting