The Next Addition to The League?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ClownPen

01-19-2011

Many speculate it would be the long awaited Female Tank a lot of people have been asking for, but one Riot Post hints it will be a support character.

Now bear with me, but hasn't each of the female supports be nerfed into garbage or forgotten? Can anyone recall their last game with a Sona or Soraka? And to an even deeper point, why do supports always have to be women or Taric?

3150IP, no wonder, it's just another female support character that'll be nerfed into garbage with enough complaints. Wasted IP.

Of course, I could be flying off the handle just a tad...-sniffle-...I wanted a tank champion...

Now I feel better, anyone else feel a certain way about it?

Hazozat

01-19-2011

I like support characters (except for Sona because she's useless now). So... yay. It'd be nice to have some male support champions though. Stereotypes.

Cobalt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-19-2011

Oh stop, people are so quick to say that X champion is "useless". I find Soraka and Sona to both still be great support champions, as viable as any other support champion, despite what others may think. Each serves their own purpose, some team compositions work better with different supports, with meta effecting this as well. So not every support is going to be godly, but you can't say Sona is worthless. If you can fool yourself into thinking or even worse, undeniably believe another person's opinions of what is and is not good, then you need to do some work on your "self".

By the way, I think Zilean is considered support, and he's male, as well as Taric and perhaps even Nunu.

CrazyBear

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-19-2011

I vote we get some more assassins, tanks, and supports. Seem to be lacking in that area. Most of the good tanks are banned so having some more will help diversify, most of our supports are nerfed to **** (soraka), or just too good to pass up (taric/janna).

Also we are lacking some good assassins that are good all game. Shaco/leblanc are only good early. Kass is good mid/late. Poppy has a hard time laning and doesn't have a blink move that really helps with the whole in/out philosophy. Eve is just eve always on the verge of op/up. Twitch was always more of a carry than an assassin. Plus some of the "assassin" champs are plain mislabeled. Like urgot and jax.

We can also use some tanks. Shen/rammus are banned or must haves. Because they have crowd control and pump out some good damage and are useful the entire game. Alistar is stupid hard to use and after he uses his cd's he's ignorable and rather avoidable. Singed is alright for tanking only because he's very hard to kill but generally needs a solo to be truly effective. Malphite/ammumu are good for aoe disruption and can pump out some damage but have to have a team built around them and need solos/jungle to be at their best.

As for supports. Soraka has been hit pretty hard. Taric's stun plus heal plus armor/damage aura just makes him great on any team. Janna's shield plus heal/knockback and slows/knockups are excellent as well. Sona just feels like she's lacking the lane prescence she used to have where as a tornado/slow combo with a shield on your mate makes for some solid harass. Or the good ole taric stun wack/shatter combo. Zilean is also seen quite a bit because of the exp boost, revive, and lots of speed to help bad initiators (like singed) intitiate fights better and to help your carry gth out of dodge.

So there you have it. Less ranged dps. Less ap carries. More champ killing, champ supporting, and tanking.

ClownPen

01-19-2011

You can't blame me, I haven't seen them since their nerfs, so I just assumed they were trashed, but I guess I did assume such. I often play Zilean as a mage early and mid game, but i do decline into a support later when my damage starts to become less effective, so that's true. I just got kind of peeved, I wanted a new tank...

The Above guy is right, we need more then just a new tank, we need all that other stuff, to the farthest extent of my knowledge.

Morello

Lead Designer

01-19-2011
1 of 1 Riot Posts

I can't say what it is, but the female tank is not next up. We have one coming, but not next

EnragedPotato

01-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I can't say what it is, but the female tank is not next up. We have one coming, but not next
Ah the suspense morello lol

Amiithystine

01-19-2011

I love support champ,s now I wish that Riot would quit Hating on them...

darkjak

01-19-2011

I can already see the female tank being either another kayle or big mama

Letkhar

01-19-2011

Janna and Lux are still useful as hell.