Switching American to Europe server

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

McComb

11-28-2009

Hi.

I'm currently playing american version of the game on the american server.
I simply downloaded the game from here.
Though I'm european.
I'm at 200 ping/100 ms on the american server and I'm doing fine.
I would like to try the european server if it's better and have less ping/ms.
But I have to redownload the game from lol-europe and eventualy reupdate it.
Since i just want to try i don't want to go through all the long process again.
Is there a way I can play on the european server with the american version of the game?

Vaporius

11-29-2009

Unfortunetly, I think the only way (at least to my meager knowledge) is to download the client from lol-europe.

McComb

11-29-2009

Damn won't try it then.
Ty for the reply.

Gootastic

01-02-2010

i can only recommend you: stay on the american server!!!
less bugs
less lags
less client crashes
more support
**** GOA

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

01-02-2010
1 of 3 Riot Posts

They are correct, you will have to redownload the client from EU. It's really not painful if you leave it an hour to download, 5 minutes to install, and another half hour to patch. Just go do something else in that time.

That being said, make sure you install to a different folder and everything, so you don't have to hurt your American install.

Tornar

01-19-2010

I have the same problem, but I think that it is not so simple like downloading a new client because u account is linked to american server, then I think that u couldn log in with u account to European server if u created u accoung in American server...

I would like to know if anybody really know how can I switch my account from American to Europe Server, because I really played a lot of time and I dont want lost my progress with my summoner.

Thank you.

Lord Fergu

01-19-2010

I downloaded the european version, installed it on a different folder and patched. Now I can't play the US version because of some language glitch :S

Mikaksi

01-21-2010

I just found the EU version. I have lvl 30 summoner on the US server, but I live in EU and would like to play on the EU server for lower ping, friends etc... Is it possible to transfer the account from one server to another or something?

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

01-21-2010
2 of 3 Riot Posts

Unfortunately, there's no way to transfer accounts, or any content from accounts, between the two servers.

Lord Fergu, if you install both versions completely and then reinstall the game from our website, the font issue will probably go away:
http://kb.leagueoflegends.com/questi...gue+of+Legends

c00L3r

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Banned

06-28-2010

That was really old thread, but i would like to ask is it now possible to play on eu without downloading almost the same client and will i have my lvl and all unlocked characters?