Riot Employee Behavior

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verbivore

01-17-2011

You know what they say, any publicity is good publicity.
PsyonicHero's livestream will be famous!

xD

Wilson Jeng

01-17-2011

the lesson here is not that you shouldn't abuse your power

it's that you shouldn't abuse your power on stream

QonnectioN

01-17-2011

So what's the point of keeping an open thread for the public community to post in?

Employee abuses his power
Employee get's fired
Riot announces that said Employee got fired to set an example
End of story?

By leaving this thread open, Riot is either
1) Wanting praise from the community for setting an example
2) Wanting the community to derail the fired employee further
or
3) Wanting the community to debate whether or not firing him was the right thing to do

In which case, none of the above is professional in anyway lol.

Verbivore

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghaan View Post
So what's the point of keeping an open thread for the public community to post in?

Employee get's fired
End of story?

or
3) Wanting the community to debate whether or not firing him was the right thing to do

Or, they figure that we're going to talk about it, so we may as well talk about it here.
Or they simply just don't give a ****.

SportsLiker69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-17-2011

Quote:

Employee get's fired
End of story?

or

They don't want to have to assign someone to close all 500 of the inevitable threads that would pop up if they closed this one

Dirty Foot

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistaken Scout View Post
That was actually in response to the question "Who the **** are you?"

The situation was closer to an unruly customer harassing an off duty bouncer and the bouncer had a bad night. And after arguing with the guy on and off for 40 minutes, kicking the guy out when he shouldn't have.
Actually, from all sources available, it was Psy that started biting first.

Xii - "Why are you top?"

Psy - "I'm pushing, you ignorant f***"
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Psy - "I don't f***ing care. Ez could have mopped that up."

Xii - "Who the f*** do you think you are?"

Psy - "Go f***ing Google my name and tell me who I am."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Then Psy berates him some more for choosing Ez (45 minutes into the game, he's still griping at Xii for this "misstep").

Psy - "Hey, g**k. I told you I was a bad Shen, but you insta-locked Ez."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And this is for those of you thinking he meant to type "look" instead of "****":

Xii - "I don't understand your logic."

Psy - "You don't understand English."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There was also a comment made by some other dude in the match about Koreans invading the 38th parallel. Many people say this was a buddy of Psy's that queued with him. I'm not certain, but if he is, it fits into the general theme of ass-hattery that was going on.

Personally though: I'd love to see the full transcript for that match. Fill in the blanks. Maybe Xii was being a jerk and all we saw was his side of things, maybe not. Regardless of whether Xii was a d-bag, no employee ever should talk back to a customer and /flex like Psy did. But seriously, don't think of me as being one of those "the customer is always right" kind of people, this was just a situation where the antagonistic attitude wasn't coming from the customer. Ignore function is your friend.

We're told all the time to use it when people troll us, no g'damn reason why a Riot employee can't do the same.

WuMan

01-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahAbyss View Post
I think that the reason so many people feel 'sorry' for PsyonicHero is that many of us have been there.

Most people who play this game have raged, and while we may not have used racial slurs, words like 'r etard' and the like are equally offensive just not as politically incorrect.

The difference is that none of us are Riot employees. I guess with greater power really does come greater responsibility.

I'll leave with this question: How many of you guys would have liked to ban at least one of the players you've come across on the fields of justice?
quitters and afkers, but as an employee, and for a situation that you yourself aggravated, it is your job to overcome your primal emotions

and if i were a riot employee, i would not ban someone unless he violated the tos

nikasaur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Community Coordinator

Follow RiotNikasaur on Twitter

01-17-2011
7 of 7 Riot Posts

In response to the claims of this thread being closed:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
I would have - but then people would have made a bunch of other threads to express their opinions. I'd rather the discussion be condensed here.

Glink

01-17-2011

Oh **** he got owned.

Johnggernaut

01-17-2011

Quote:

Employee get's fired
End of story?

or

4) wanted to keep us informed on how they handle things if we, the customers, are wronged by an employee and aren't trying to shut us up about it.

Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing.