League Champions being Recruited

First Riot Post
123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SethCypher

Senior Member

01-12-2011

Something I noticed when I was reading Lux's judgement again.

Quote:
Garen, the Might of Demacia, her long-lost brother, stood before her. His face was stern, yet kind, and exactly how she had imagined he would look in real life, having only seen him in the League match broadcasts since he had been taken away. “Why do you want to join the League?”
Does this mean that once champions join the League they stay at the Institute, or is this just Garen's case? Or maybe it's just an illusion from the Judgement? The possibility that she hasn't bumped into him in Demacia also came up in my mind, but I find that highly unlikely.

I am curious because I am writing a fiction that involves the many city-states, so I had assumed what most people assumed that champions remain in their city states until they are teleported away to fight on the Fields of Justice. So you can probably see my problem.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vuther

Senior Member

01-12-2011

It's possible she just never saw him because he was, well, very busy in the Demacian military. As the champs seem to have to be found for interviewing (like Shaco), I have my doubts the champions are kept anywhere most of the time.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SethCypher

Senior Member

01-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
It's possible she just never saw him because he was, well, very busy in the Demacian military. As the champs seem to have to be found for interviewing (like Shaco), I have my doubts the champions are kept anywhere most of the time.
I have thought of that, but it just doesn't seem likely to me. I mean, she would have at least passed by him a couple times on patrols, meetings, down the street and whatnot. Hell, I figured they shared the same house/mansion/home. And yes, I do honestly doubt they keep the champions cooked up in that shrine. I mean, think about how pissed off people like Ezreal would be? lol


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vuther

Senior Member

01-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
I have thought of that, but it just doesn't seem likely to me. I mean, she would have at least passed by him a couple times on patrols, meetings, down the street and whatnot. Hell, I figured they shared the same house/mansion/home. And yes, I do honestly doubt they keep the champions cooked up in that shrine. I mean, think about how pissed off people like Ezreal would be? lol
VERY BUSY!

He was from a family of high standing from military service... I expect there was a lot for him to do to meet expectations. Maybe he was doing black ops against Noxus!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SethCypher

Senior Member

01-12-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by vuther View Post
very busy!

He was from a family of high standing from military service... I expect there was a lot for him to do to meet expectations. Maybe he was doing black ops against noxus!
...oh mighty babs!!! Please answer me!!!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Raile

Senior Member

01-13-2011

Standing outside the Noxus city gates in a bush with your sword out is not black ops.
But for the most part, according to various examples in the JoJ, only a certain few champs have to stay around the Institute. Fiddlesticks surely doesn't wander off and I doubt they'd let Chogath or Kogmaw run free, no matter how snazzy Chogath looks in that suit.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KarrieBear

Associate Creative Designer

01-13-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SethCypher View Post
Does this mean that once champions join the League they stay at the Institute, or is this just Garen's case? Or maybe it's just an illusion from the Judgement? The possibility that she hasn't bumped into him in Demacia also came up in my mind, but I find that highly unlikely.

I am curious because I am writing a fiction that involves the many city-states, so I had assumed what most people assumed that champions remain in their city states until they are teleported away to fight on the Fields of Justice. So you can probably see my problem.
Champions are generally free to come and go as they please (except when summoned for a match). They don't have to stay at the Institute.

In the case of Garen, the idea was that he was drafted into the military when he was younger. Being boarded at the military, coming up as one of their premiere officers and being sent off on special missions, joining the League, and generally just serving the needs of Demacia kept him busy.

Which begs the question of... did he also protest to being taken away, just like Lux? Is he angry with his family? And why didn't he go back to see his sister?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moonpuncher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-13-2011

I hate to be the troll, but the idea of lore in a game like this is laughable to me. I read and love fantasy, but this is like trying to get wrapped up in the lore of Mega Man. Battle arena is way too far removed from any semblence of realism.

I'm probably just a stick in the mud.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Falleth

Senior Member

01-13-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonpuncher View Post
I hate to be the troll, but the idea of lore in a game like this is laughable to me. I read and love fantasy, but this is like trying to get wrapped up in the lore of Mega Man. Battle arena is way too far removed from any semblence of realism.

I'm probably just a stick in the mud.
Since you are a troll, die in fire.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moonpuncher

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

01-13-2011

What an impolite thing to say!


123