How we choose weekly free champions

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cooldude1234

01-14-2010

I really like this idea, as it lets players test out heroes before they buy them!

Also, it;s great how you guys always have a nice mixture of tank/mage/dps etc. Good work!

Hope Jax and Twitch are free next time around ^^

Grake

01-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoyBoi View Post
i don't want to be a ***** or anything but lol would be cool if we can just choose 3 champs to keep forever and work our way up and there wouldn't have to be work into the champ switching each week.
Two vital issues with that.

I'd choose Twitch, Yi, and rammus. DPS, Stealth, Tank. And if i decided i didnt like it and wanted other heroes, i'd make another account and that one would just rot.

Now lets say we all like my combo. Infact, five people get pinned together with similar heroes. What happens when you have yi, rammus, and twitch, but they've all been selected? Are they supposed to assign you a new hero? I wouldnt much think so.

And no, selecting 5 heroes at the beginning wouldnt work either.

Fact is, im suprised they dont stick us with 5 **** heroes permenently, and make you pay to try new ones. Be glad they implemented this system.

braxxous

01-16-2010

i would like to see jax free, he's the only champion i havent tryed yet and he looks like alot of fun, i must of missed him or didnt play him when he was on free rotation thanks

Lilith 420

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finrod View Post
Twitch being free makes me cringed!
that tends to be the only time you get a bad twitch.

Sorano

01-17-2010

I love how the free champions give you an effective preview of champions you would want to purchase eventually.

Though at the moment, the roster is incredibly large and while I appreciate all of the character variety (no characters feel, look and play the same), personally I would love to see some new maps and possibly game modes.

The two versions of Summoner's Field are neat. I absolutely adore Twisted Treeline but it doesn't seem to show up when I solo queue. One thing I love about Twisted Treeline is also the orientation view of both teams. Blue is always a little easier to play on Summoner's Field because of a slight view advantage. Twisted Treeline puts teams on equal footing in that regards and the way the forest surrounds each lane allows for nice team play and ambushes.

tl;dr: Any chance of seeing new maps this year?

MatrixKitty

01-17-2010

Quote:
there is no where else for players to learn those champions
Yes there is. People trying out Champions they've never played before can play some Practice matches to see whether or not they would actually want to play them in a real game.

Siveal

01-17-2010

What if the community could vote on a line-up out of a few selections each week posted by someone at Riot? There could be weekly votings on the main page or forums. That way you guys can still control what champions are in the line-up (variety) and the community can pick what they like (vote by majority). The only problem is that someone would have to take the time investment to do this weekly.

One other good point is that we could add suggestions to the line-ups so you can hear something that wasn't considered.

Shatterlight

01-17-2010

@Siveal

In each Champion Lineup For This Week thread, they ask for suggestions, and people post suggestions for the next several pages :P Is that what you were asking for?

Thunknor

01-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith 420 View Post
that tends to be the only time you get a bad twitch.
Hahaha. You don't have to be super pro to turn Twitch into a killing machine but this post is just wrong in my experience.

katcho

01-18-2010

nice can i have corky