Rusty Blitzcrank Skin Leaving the Store, Now 25% Off

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrCrumb

Associate Brand Manager

01-16-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Attention all LoLers! The Rusty Blitzcrank skin will no longer be available for purchase after January 17th. This is your last chance to add this skin to your inventory before it leaves the Store. To celebrate Rusty's last weekend, we are offering the skin for 25% off.

Rusty Blitzcrank skin (previously 520 RP), now only 390 RP!

Don't miss out on adding these charming digs for everyone's favorite metal man. After this weekend, the Rusty Blitzcrank skin will be locked away in the Riot vault and will no longer be able for purchase in the Store.

Note: As with the holiday skins, you can continue to use the Rusty Blitzcrank skin after it has been discontinued, but only if you have purchased it.

UPDATE: This sale has ended.

Brad

01-16-2010

What was the reason for this skin being limited edition in the first place? Why was it released i mean. I'm just curious.

Xendeth

01-16-2010

omg 2nd

DontMashMe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

= | i want riot card point cards in canada!

Shyapiere

01-16-2010

Bother. I bought it yesterday.

Lord Thanatos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-16-2010

I agree with what has been said so far and I must add that what Riot is doing now is one of the stupidest things that can be done.
Sorry for being so blunt, but this "marketing strategy", cause that's what I think it is, is beneficial to nobody.
First of all, why make a skin limited edition EVER: what's wrong with me buying it some other time. Secondly, the 25% discount is unfair for those who own the skin.
I think that Riot believes this will increase sales of the skin right now and they can make a tiny profit after this.
Still, stuff like this is not beneficial to the community.
STOP GIVING LIMITED CONTENT PPLS.

Light Yagamii

01-16-2010

Thats why u wait till stuff becomes cheap n then buy, i got the skin btw

PatouPower

01-16-2010

WTF, it's not like if it costed you anything to host the skins or your servers! I mean, the skin is made, it's not like a physical shop where they need to make place to new things when something sells no more...

My belief is that they are making an all-new blitzcrank skin, a lot more AWESOME than this one, and they know that nobody will want to buy the rusty skin when this AWESOME skin will be out. It's only what I think, but it could certainly be the truth...

So to all the ones who wanted to buy this skin, consider this: companies never do something without having an idea in the head. Consider the possibility that riot is working on a new blitzcrank skin and that's why they want to make money with this one, before they delete it...

oneoftheorder

01-16-2010

I am curious and uncertain why Riot would remove a skin at all (save holiday skins, for which it makes sense to be seasonal.) That seems odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Thanatos View Post
Secondly, the 25% discount is unfair for those who own the skin.
This viewpoint I do not understand though... sales are a long tradition among retailer everywhere and in all contexts... how is this any different?

Starshot

01-16-2010

Well even if they are making a new one, I'd still get this one. It wasn't on sale when I bought it, but Blitz is my primary and I think this skin is underrated. I get a lot of people in games who say it looks cool and not a lot of people have it at all and that adds to the value for me.

I'm not really mad that I bought it full price (the discount is somewhat negligible) but I also don't understand why they're suddenly making it LE. Did they state this somewhere? I assumed the skins in the store would just be there to buy. If they start cycling through skins in the store and making them all limited edition then the limited edition ones don't seem so great anymore.

1234511 ... 13