Riot, we need a duck.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stanley Tweedle

01-08-2011

Maybe a DEMONIC Duck of the Void who eats people?

Instant Nuddles

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2011

I approve this message.

ibuPR0fen

01-08-2011

I went golfing and hit a duck once. It died. This champion should have an ability to avoid errant golf balls.

Awesome

01-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindEternities View Post
are you assuming that riot first wrote code for moving sideways, then up and down, then wrote code for every other angle...?

riot would have to restrict moving to vertical and horizontal, which by itself would be some odd coding, then there's the problem that since LoL movement uses right clicks, assuming that no one is accurate enough to click exactly vertically or horizontally by the pixel, you'd have to come up with a way to handle clicks that aren't perfectly vertical or horizontal: do you only do the longer axis? do you walk the longer axis followed by the shorter axis? do you let the move squiggle (i.e. moving a small increment horizontally followed by a small movement vertically)?

and while we're on that subject, how would you prevent people from squiggling? you realize that pacman worked because it had well defined passageways, and don't say set a certain distance they have to walk in a direction because then you would prevent the champ to move in certain areas around the jungle completely.
You have to start writing code to go in one direction. You've listed many possibilities in your own writing.

Anywho I'm no expert on graphics, but still, it's possible and easily possible from what I know.

Racist Grandpa

01-09-2011

I have to agree with Omega that the pacman style moving shouldnt be too hard to code from all that I know but then again im baaaad at coding.

Ichikaze

01-09-2011

What about a chocobo instead of a duck :?

Racist Grandpa

01-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichikaze View Post
Square Enix says byebye LoL.

Edit.Thats not saying we cant have a giant yellow bird named clock-of-boo.

Awesome

01-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichikaze View Post
I would have said that too, but then again, that's the only reason some people play FF...XD

So I'll leave that to FF and not have Riot go to court over copyright infringement.

Lorty

01-09-2011

bump for duck

Mouzbreaker

01-09-2011

hell no we dont need ducks we need pandas