hows annie?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ABIackMan

01-15-2010

i want to use another champion besides warwick, and i was thinkin it would be a ranged person. i dont see many people usin annie, so i might look into her. im assuming she's all AP, but how are her abilities in terms of usefulness? her ult seems like it would be good at level 6, but then tibbers would suck later on, but i saw that her ult does damage to the target also, so how good is it?

i just wanna hear some opinions on her, or some tips or builds

Wakefield

01-15-2010

Annie is a bit high end for the casters. She's easy to pick up and play, but to master her takes a bit of time. Doublecasting with her is a bit weird at first, as she can stack almost all of her spells in one cast, which almost guarantees her a second stun, but it takes a good amount of time to practice that sort of stuff. IF you want to get really good with her, be prepared for a few games learning.

She is cheap on the IP though, so you can try her out. Leaguecraft.com has some good builds for any champ you may be looking at, that's where I found some ideas for my own builds and such.

JunkRamen

01-15-2010

Shes extremely strong atm. One of the best solo-mids and lvl 6ish gankers in the game... I'm surprised you don't see a lot of people using her. The Tibbers explosion is extremely damaging. Her passive, combined with Tibbers or Incinerate, allow for AoE stuns on shortish cooldowns. Disintegrate has a longer than normal range and is good for early game farming.

I generally build her as such:

Mana Crystal/2 pots
Mejai Soulstealer
Basic shoes -> Sorc Boots
Catalyst
RoA
One of these: Guardian Angel, another RoA, Void Staff depending on how the game is going

Zileas

VP of Game Design

01-15-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

she's strong if you can get early kills and initiate all combats with a stun

prYzm

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
she's strong if you can get early kills
not required, she can farm insanely well with disintigrate, and racking up assists in team fights is a breeze even without the kills.

Also her spell ranges are actually quite short (cept tibbers).

JunkRamen

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by prYzm View Post
not required, she can farm insanely well with disintigrate, and racking up assists in team fights is a breeze even without the kills.

Also her spell ranges are actually quite short (cept tibbers).
Only the AoE, really. Her Q nuke has a longer range than a lot of other nukes... or maybe I've just been playing too much Ryze.

Hugenaught

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2010

As an avid Annie player (not enough IP for Kassidin), I will have to say that one problem Annie has is squishyness. Against opponents like Fiddlesticks, Mundo, TF, or any other hero that has high HP or damage (fiddle due to his OP heal rate, I use all my abilities, get him down to 20 HP, and he heals back to full....wtf?), Annie struggles in solo. Against cocky melee players, Annie crushes them completely (ex. Karthus), and holds her ground against other rangers. My item build is unconventional and is the following:

*Catalyst->Banshee's Veil (Mana, Health, MagicR)
*Tear of Goddess->Archangels Staff (Mana, AP)
*Boots->Sorcerers/Mercury (Attack, Speed, Armor)
*Sage's Ring->Frozen Heart (Mana, CD, Armor)
*Guardian Angel (MagicR, Health)
*Sage's Ring->Last Recommended Item (can't remember name, it's the one that give 25% bonus AP)

The order above depends on the opponent's layout.

One thing to keep in mind is that Annie is best used with a supporting player as her primary attack is pitiful and if your 4 abilities can't kill them in one go, your basically a sitting duck until they finish CD (why I favor Frozen Heart over Deathfire Grasp). Your stun can be used quite well, and make sure to charge it up before the game starts. Annie also has a really slow movement rate, which makes retreating quite hard unless you can fish for a stun. If you opt for the traditional AP build, I find that it is a 50/50 toss up. If you can't create a large level gap, your AP build won't deal enough damage late game. If you do farm enough, you will be unstoppable. This is why I switched to a focus on health/armor/magicresist because this allows annie to actually survive long enough to fire that 2nd or 3rd or 4th round of her abilities late game, which do ALL of her damage. Since Archangel's Staff has a 2% mana converted to AP, the armor isn't useless either in terms of AP. This build theoretically can give you (if guardian angel was swapped for another armor which added HP/Mana) 300 AP, 3500 HP, 200+ Armor/MagicR, and 4000+ Mana in a good game, not too bad for a squishy.

Summoner Abilities I use are Teleport and Clarity. Yes, Clarity is known to suck (needs a stronger initial mana replen imo, it's insignificant late game for Annie due to Archangel's Staff, and doesn't replenish enough at start), however starting game, it can mean the difference between living or dying as you fish for a stun. Teleport is more useful than Flash as an Annie player due to the fact that Annie's slow speed an squishyness means that you won't want to jump into someone near you (you have tibbers to do that), and that even if you did do a "mini-riftwalk" like Kassadin, they will catch up to you.

I tend to max W first in order to maximize farming potential (sounds counter-intuitive, but maxed W+Tibbers = all creeps in a wave dead, no matter how strong they get, excluding supercreeps)

Disagree that all combat should be initiated with a stun. There are times you want to have only 2-3 charges on pyro.

Annie doesn't always get the best K/D ratio, however you should expect to be near the top of total damage dealth due to her farming output once you've mastered the hero.

Wakefield

01-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugenaught View Post
Against opponents like Fiddlesticks, Mundo, TF, or any other hero that has high HP or damage (fiddle due to his OP heal rate, I use all my abilities, get him down to 20 HP, and he heals back to full....wtf?)
Fiddle's heal is pretty good, but he gets shut-down quick by a skilled Annie. Yeah, his heal will heal quickly, but it's got a cooldown, just stun him when he starts it and own him.

Most Fiddles, like me, don't stack magic-resist. We get Rod of Ages + Banshee's Veil in order to maximize our health. Yes we get some MR, but not too much. A Void Staff'll shut down any fiddle that's using that combo.

Ugh, I learned that the hard way. CURSE YOU TWISTED FATE!

After being off topic there, sorry, I'll say this.

Hugenaught has the right idea. That build'll keep you working nice and long at the start and should serve you well, but I will give you a quick tip I've found with Annie.

If you find yourself dealing less damage, then drop the Guardian Angel and grab a Void Staff. It'll help a lot. Just toying around with Bears and Incinerate will keep doing massive damage.

Remember that she's a nuke, find a target, kill it, move onto the next target. Get Tibbers on more then one person if you can, but if it's not benificial to killing your target, just go for the single bear-stun. It's still powerful enough to keep you on them.

Hugenaught

01-16-2010

I have shut down Fiddles before as Annie (thanks to Tibbers), it's just annoying having to bait a Fiddles away from the tower <lvl 5 where he stays put and heals, especially when you need to use health pots or recalls to heal.

Void Staff is good, although I don't use it that much. Late game when they have magic resist I'm more of a disabler for the team as there are usually more power hitters on the team, and 1v1 are rare. Tibbers runs out of steam >30 minutes, so use him as a stun/distraction/farmer (he has aoe attack on his swings).

TrrZ

01-17-2010

Quote:
hows annie
better than warwick
/thread