@Riot - No RP for runes is hurting LOL.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hyphinated

Member

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Non-paying players also refer their friends to play, which is something we encourage.
I've always wondered why you guys don't implement a gifting system, since you already give rewards to people who refer their friends to play the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cbr1000rider2

Member

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gran Zorro View Post
I've always wondered why you guys don't implement a gifting system, since you already give rewards to people who refer their friends to play the game.
Gifting might encourage smurf accounts? Idk. Would be a cool idea to play with though.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KrupsMcGee

Senior Member

01-06-2011

I can't believe OP got any upvotes...this is awful.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Janna NA

Senior Member

01-06-2011

Buy ip boosts.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phreak

Shoutcaster

01-06-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gran Zorro View Post
I've always wondered why you guys don't implement a gifting system, since you already give rewards to people who refer their friends to play the game.
We want to, but we have to grow fraud prevention measures first. Right now there's not a lot of reason to hijack multiple accounts. But if you can jack them and then give yourself all the RP, well now there's a lot of reason for people to hack accounts.

To reiterate: We want to include this functionality, but we have to be ready for externalities that come as a result.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nenesse

Senior Member

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
It seems to me that at this time, the furthest we're willing to go is IP boosts, since at least you still have to play to get runes.
I always wondered what the justification for this was. You're willing to sell IP boosts but not directly sell runes? Now it makes sense.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nutCollectoR

Senior Member

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Netz View Post
Selling power allows for griefing at low levels when people are starting up. Not worth the extra money made from rp sales for runes.
Hahahahaha, because you can totally use tier 3 level-20 requirement runes at level 1, right?

You can TOTALLY put together a full rune page at level 1, right?

Do yourself a favor and refresh your memory about how unlocking rune slots works before you say something like this again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necrosis627

Senior Member

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
We want to, but we have to grow fraud prevention measures first. Right now there's not a lot of reason to hijack multiple accounts. But if you can jack them and then give yourself all the RP, well now there's a lot of reason for people to hack accounts.

To reiterate: We want to include this functionality, but we have to be ready for externalities that come as a result.
authenicaters like WoW has
yea!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

drekistyrant

Junior Member

01-06-2011

But if your lvl 20+ it doesnt rly matter cause you can buy them with IP so if you have a lvl restriction then its far game


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ranzera

Senior Member

01-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
While I completely see where you're coming from, I have a few points I'd like to make:

Non-paying players are still teammates and opponents. LoL matchmaking would suck if there were only 100 players playing, as would queue times. Non-paying players also refer their friends to play, which is something we encourage. And besides that, all of our players are awesome to us, whether they pay or not.

Selling runes for RP walks a fine line against "selling power." Rune pages have no intrinsic value, and we try very hard to make all of our champions balanced, in addition to always including 2 tanks, mages, support, etc in the free-to-play lineups. You can absolutely make the case that selling runes aren't selling power, but it's an argument that it seems we'd like to be more cautionary about. Are we potentially losing money and occasional paying customers because of this? Possibly. Will the blow-back from this perception of selling power be greater? Pretty likely. It seems to me that at this time, the furthest we're willing to go is IP boosts, since at least you still have to play to get runes.
Don't you ever change <3