The Council Digest Volume #2

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 15
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

k0b3 CleoFairy

01-11-2010

So when are we gonna stop talking about this new patch and see this new patch implemented? I'd like to play Poppy for more than two days.

Ivandir

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
5 Man Roam – Council members explore how the game could be changed to steer teams into smaller battles.
As of right now the only solution to this is Fiddles ultimate and his E spell (Dark Wind?). I have gotten triple, quadra and penta kills with him and I think we need more Champions with the same skill set of AOE and bouncing spells to balance 5 man ganking teams.

More than often when such a team pushes I am able to stop them the moment they start attacking my turret. It's the best defense against premades or 5 man gank squads.

Ivandir

01-11-2010

To paraphrase what I said above. Area Of Effect champions need a boost in their AOE damage and we need more champions with AOE damage such as Annie, Malphite, Nasus, Rammus, Anivia. This alone will make people think twice about ganking as a 5 man

k0b3 CleoFairy

01-11-2010

You didn't really need to paraphrase that.

Mirtrius

01-11-2010

Another solution instead of boosting aoe damage would be to make the creep waves move faster and stronger with more momentum late game then they do now, so if you had a team who was always ganged up then they would risk seriously losing one of their towers to a creepwave later on. Maybe make the creeps do more damage or something, but that could work. Essentially make it so that if you have 5 people together and one enemy is someplace else pushing a lane, you would HAVE to defend or else risk your towers or inhibitors getting pounded.

boni

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
  • Initial Timers on Dragon/Monsters – Shurelia asked us for input and gave us a head’s-up that neutral Monsters would be spawning later. You’ll all get to see it next patch, and the Council agrees that it's promising.
Noticed it in the PTR, but never got to actually test it (no players. ). I'm looking forward to seeing how it'll turn out.

DrFromGallifrey

01-11-2010

I have two issues with all that has been said:

1. Why is it a monthly digest? I think most of us would prefer weekly, or even daily, updates that are much smaller, but focused on "hot" issues.

2. Why was nothing said about matchmaking? The unbalanced items, runes, and champions of the game are nothing compared to the unbalanced matchmaking system. Why is the most important part of the game being shoved aside for updates to things that many of us haven't even encountered?

In case that was too long of a read, I can boil it down to one question: why hasn't an official representative of Riot responded directly to the matchmaking issue? And I don't mean the usual responses of "it's fine" or "we're working on it."

Alumet

01-11-2010

i have a pretty good idea, just popped out of my head last night. I personally dont have new skins for characters, but it would be a good idea if new skins have different ultimates, so its worth buying them, not just buy them for the look. For example Assassin Yi would have a stealth like ultimate not highlander. Maybe some of my fellow gamers will agree with me

LahooZaher

01-11-2010

Don't nerf Twitch. He is only OP against noobs who let him. His standard ambush and ulti combo is countered easily (blind, stun, exhaust), and he shatters under any kind of focused damage. He is only 'OP' when people either panic when they see him and run, just to get picked off, or aren't paying attention and don't notice that hes just unstealthed and pwning them from the side.

He doesn't have any potential then any other high DPS character (Shaco, Yi, Teemo) and dies easilly to experienced players.

Pay attention to your surroundings. Know what heros your playing against and how to counter them. Don't wander off on your own when your team doesn't know where the other teams gankers are.

Dont nerf a good hero because some players panic when they see him and don't know how to counter him.

AlphaOfUrOmega

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alumet View Post
i have a pretty good idea, just popped out of my head last night. I personally dont have new skins for characters, but it would be a good idea if new skins have different ultimates, so its worth buying them, not just buy them for the look. For example Assassin Yi would have a stealth like ultimate not highlander. Maybe some of my fellow gamers will agree with me
Unfortunately, this would be selling power, which is not legit for a competitive game. Games like starcraft don't give you the option of paying blizzard 5 dollars in order to start with an extra SCV, or silly things like giving your marines longer range at the cost of doing 1 less damage. That would suck.

12345612 ... 15