Twitch really that OP?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ad Victoriam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2010

Twitch is only OP when teamed with a Kayle or Zilean... basically prevents you from focusing and killing the DPS.

Stealth currently isn't quite balanced, but since only 2 champions have the ability, it's actually not really that OP. People just need to learn how to handle it.

Aralain

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish5554 View Post
heim owning me recently, i heard its a bugs, but omg heim much OPed compare to twitch.
Please leae heimer alone. I've been shutting down Yi's and Twitches for the past 2 weeks and I expect a big fat nerf stick any day now. Please go away and shush.

@OP

Twitch is OverPowered if left to his own devices. Oracles/wards are NOT required to beat him, map presence and defensive playstyle helps. But once the game gets to 5v5's, just save a stun for him. Heimer is perfect, since twitch has to stand perfectly still to spam his ult, just lob the nade, punch the missle button and watch twitch lose 7/8's of his life (you can two shot him if you have a 15+ soul stealer with nade+missle). Master Yi is a bit trickier, but same principle, your nade has the one thing that can stop him in highlander.....stun. When he barrels out of the bush at you, stand still and put a nade in his face, then missle....again -7/8's health, team mops him before stun goes away. If he goes after someone else, learn to aim for where they are running to. They might die before it lands, but if you get the nade/missle he's toast.

Trist is a bit trickier, but same principle, let her rocket jump you, throw nade immediately, missle, laugh all the way to shop to buy your zhonya's. Teemo is tricky cause he stays at range, so you kinda have to leed him to your nade by running then throwing the nade where he will stop to shoot you.

as you can see, it all revolves around the nade, and IMO heimer can shut down any carry as long as he has a team that at least knows which targets to focus first.

catfish5554

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aralain View Post
Please leae heimer alone. I've been shutting down Yi's and Twitches for the past 2 weeks and I expect a big fat nerf stick any day now. Please go away and shush.

@OP

Twitch is OverPowered if left to his own devices. Oracles/wards are NOT required to beat him, map presence and defensive playstyle helps. But once the game gets to 5v5's, just save a stun for him. Heimer is perfect, since twitch has to stand perfectly still to spam his ult, just lob the nade, punch the missle button and watch twitch lose 7/8's of his life (you can two shot him if you have a 15+ soul stealer with nade+missle). Master Yi is a bit trickier, but same principle, your nade has the one thing that can stop him in highlander.....stun. When he barrels out of the bush at you, stand still and put a nade in his face, then missle....again -7/8's health, team mops him before stun goes away. If he goes after someone else, learn to aim for where they are running to. They might die before it lands, but if you get the nade/missle he's toast.

Trist is a bit trickier, but same principle, let her rocket jump you, throw nade immediately, missle, laugh all the way to shop to buy your zhonya's. Teemo is tricky cause he stays at range, so you kinda have to leed him to your nade by running then throwing the nade where he will stop to shoot you.

as you can see, it all revolves around the nade, and IMO heimer can shut down any carry as long as he has a team that at least knows which targets to focus first.

i guess you never played with a heim one shot your whole team half hp undodgeable.

------
i heard this is a bug, but not confirm.

Ramaloke

01-11-2010

Yeah, and the twitch lvl 1 with books like full of rune killing ANY heros after 4 hits just because of poison is perfectly fine too. Not to mention one hit from twitch hits you like twice the damage because of poison. I don't think there is many good twitch player, but his harassing in lane is too good for a carry. The damage COULD be ok, but the range needs to be reduced...
A carry is supposed to get carried, you see ? In lol, i don't know why, it's like every carries have only best abilities when it comes to farm...

Zenanii

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramaloke View Post
A carry is supposed to get carried, you see ? In lol, i don't know why, it's like every carries have only best abilities when it comes to farm...
Erh, a slight missconception. A carry is supposed to carry his team (hence the name). The role of every hero who is not a carry is to support the carry so he can slaghter the enemy team more easely.

Btw, having a strong dps is the best way of good farming, and the thing about carries is, yes you guessed it, that they have superior dps.

ibplunderin

01-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutyohairfoo View Post
Twitch is made of paper, he's not that bad.

Just buy wards.
There is a lot that is wrong with this. A lot that is wrong with what people say to do against twitch.

If you are against a bad twitch, you can just get oracles/wards and then stomp him, and if he ults just side strafe so you won't get hit.

However (a good) twitch will always have Lizard, and even without lizard will slow you after the initial burst so you can't side strafe.

He is paper thin, however he is usually hard to get to since he will be out of range, and (this isn't so much about Twitch being OP, but a combo) Kayle completely negates his fragility and there isn't much you can do.

I play twitch often, but some things such are a little messed up that people say on the boards. Wards will not save you from twitch, they will however tell you he is near then you can play defensively which is good.

So, what i'm trying to say is that I don't think Twitch is OP, however some champions can do nothing against him, and if you are having troubles with him then get Exhaust, and when he pops up use exhaust and any other CC you have against him so he will waste it and die insanely fast to focus fire.

*also, Have your tank and whatever high health hero is on your team to get Thornmail. having a couple of thornmails against twitch helps quite a bit and he practically kills himself.

Mpalm

01-11-2010

Yes, Twitch is very OP. Maybe not stupid ones that run into a fight and die like idiots, but the ones that wait for CM and Pirate ult, or for tank to initiate, or a combination of the two, and stay way out of range, have lizard buff, then pop R and cripple your team cause problems.

ZGBudai

01-11-2010

Twitch is getting a nerf. Read the Council Digest in the announcements.

Vichar

01-11-2010

There's theory, and there's practice. The original poster said that he's relatively new. In the Elo bracket he's likely in (the same one I'm in), Twitch makes solo q or partial premade no fun at all.

Why? There is nothing you can do because your (generally bad) teammates keep feeding Twitch. Soon Twitch is 4 levels above you and takes off half your health per hit. There's literally nothing you can do against him.

I played a game just like this recently as Teemo. I went 5/2/? overall--my kill ratio was still positive. I actually traded kills with him once so I could get the tasty +1000 gold. It was still a loss, because the Twitch was 27/2/?

Nothing feeds off of noobs quite like Twitch, and there's no way I can tell matchmaker to not give me noobs on my team. So saying Twitch is not OP is really kinda just words for people in my Elo bracket.

Oh, by the way, if I'm reading it correctly folks that play at a high level seem to be saying that Twitch is OP, especially in conjunction with Kayle. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but opinions backed by lots of people experimenting with trying to win at both in-game and Champion Select tend to have more weight than... theorycrafting. I think someone said Riot is planning on nerfing him in the next patch.

LahooZaher

01-11-2010

I play Twitch

Twitch isn't OP. Twitch, like several other DPS heros in this game (Shaco, Yi, Teemo) can completely own. But he only gets that way if the other team lets him.

For Twitch to own he has to be built for it with items. With the right build his DPS is incredible. But with that same build he is glass. He dies ridiculously fast with any kind of focused damage.

Here is how I play Twitch. I stealth, wait for a big team battle, sneak around behind, pop my ulti and spray their entire time. Normally nets me 3 or 4 kills. But that's only because the other team lets me. When I do this normally one of three things happen.

Most of the time, the other team has a "OMG ITS TWITCH WERE DOOMES!!!!" moment, panics, and they ALL start to run, normally running the same direction, in a pack, making my ulti even more effective and letting my teammates pick off the ones I don't.

Sometimes they don't seem to notice, and they just stand there and let me kill them.

But, occasionally, they actually play halfway intelligent and counter me. Teemo hits me with a poison dart blinding me and by the time it wears off my ulti and ambush speed bonuses are almost over. Someone hits me with a stun, same thing. Someone hits me with exhaust, again, same thing. Or 3 of the heroes turn around, hit me with a nuke each and paper Twitch dies before I get a 3rd shot off.

Twitch owns, but only if you let him. Be aware of your surroundings, know that hes out there, know that hes probably positing himself for a gank, have your tank buy an oracle if you need it.

When the other team lets me I get records like 30 kills to 4 deaths. When they play smart, counter me, I am lucky to break even on my kills/deaths ratio.