Cassiopeia Art Spotlight

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CaptainLx

Senior Animator

12-22-2010
32 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behema View Post
where might one find a .mel script to import/export .anm files?
Sorry, we don't hand those out. Actually, we don't have an import script either since we always have the original Maya files to fall back on.

Hedgepig

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainLx View Post
TSM is a great product that I can only recommend. It's great if you can model your own stuff but don't want to mess around with rigging. We tried it out (a bit too bone heavy for our ingame stuff) and overall were very impressed.

Lx
Thanks!
Yeah, it wasn't really designed with game engines in mind. Turns out there are a lot of folks who want it for games, so TSM3 will have options to support this at few levels of bone density.

We are also working on a different product that is not for games, for more general high end rigging solutions. Basically a high powered toolset that bakes in a lot of common rigging requirements right into your rig nodes.

Out of curiosity, how many bones is your target (or limit) for a character? I imagine you have to keep the minions pretty pared down since they can stack up w/out explicit control over them.

TheycallmeLife

12-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainLx View Post
Sorry, we don't hand those out. Actually, we don't have an import script either since we always have the original Maya files to fall back on.
Thought I'd try....

CaptainLx

Senior Animator

12-22-2010
33 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgepig View Post
Out of curiosity, how many bones is your target (or limit) for a character? I imagine you have to keep the minions pretty pared down since they can stack up w/out explicit control over them.
Without answering this directly, aim for 60 and below to be safe =) We have hundreds of characters on screen under circumstances (endgame)... less is more =)

Tisiphone

12-22-2010

Hey Captain,
schöne arbeite, gerne mal mehr
Frohe Weihnachten

Pancakes08

12-23-2010

SOOOO much work >__<

SuwaidiSama

12-24-2010

Vladimir and Ezreal had the best sounds in the game

xtGRIMtx

12-26-2010

hey man good job and i must say i love working with Maya 2011 .. want to know one thing you used FK for batter control or the custom rig that you are using doesn't support IK ?

Belthasarr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-27-2010

I actually have a interesting question. So I noticed you are using Autodesk Maya, which is a great tool overall, but was was the reasoning for not using Autodesk 3DS Max? Just curious. From my experience 3DS max is a more powerful tool.

CaptainLx

Senior Animator

12-28-2010
34 of 36 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtGRIMtx View Post
hey man good job and i must say i love working with Maya 2011 .. want to know one thing you used FK for batter control or the custom rig that you are using doesn't support IK ?
We didn't have the time to set up a good working IK rig... had to go with FK on this one.