League of Legends Tips

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vatiz

01-10-2010

Hi, I'm playing Taric , the gem knight and I was just wondering if there is a way to Hotkey my Imbue (heal) on Myself & Allies, for an instant cast. I have been killed several times & miss around 1/100 (on a minion). Even though i heal my allied champions 70-90% of the time it would be nice to get out of those sticky sittations.. Snare / Stun + Burst damage.

I use the mouse to look around, so it can take around 0,5 - 1,5 seconds before I manage to click myself.

(this goes for other Champions aswell, buffs etc)

cuderola 22

01-11-2010

It stays the same all game long or might scale as you level up.

iMumbleAlot

01-13-2010

Rules to LoL by....

1. There is no I in TEAM.

2. Chasers get ganked, stick by your creeps and teammates if you want to stay alive.

3. If you get a tower down, get out of town, they will be coming for you.

4. Teamwork wins games, don't pick on someone who is having a bad game for dieing, offer some help or STFU!

5. Don't try to save people who are obviously going to die, you'll just make things worse if you die too.

6. If you are the only team member alive, stay in your base and defend until everyone respawns.

7. Late game solo pushes are never a good idea, but if your champ is suited well for solo turret killing, do it quietly.

8. Don't ever give up, comebacks do happen, especially late in the game, even if the enemy is fed or your inhibitors are down.

9. This is a tower defense game, not a deathmatch! The ONLY way to win is to kill the enemies' towers, inhibitors, and finally nexus. We have won several games where nobody on my team had a positive kill-death ratio.

TTiger75

01-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMumbleAlot View Post
Rules to LoL by....

1. There is no I in TEAM.

2. Chasers get ganked, stick by your creeps and teammates if you want to stay alive.

3. If you get a tower down, get out of town, they will be coming for you.

4. Teamwork wins games, don't pick on someone who is having a bad game for dieing, offer some help or STFU!

5. Don't try to save people who are obviously going to die, you'll just make things worse if you die too.

6. If you are the only team member alive, stay in your base and defend until everyone respawns.

7. Late game solo pushes are never a good idea, but if your champ is suited well for solo turret killing, do it quietly.

8. Don't ever give up, comebacks do happen, especially late in the game, even if the enemy is fed or your inhibitors are down.

9. This is a tower defense game, not a deathmatch! The ONLY way to win is to kill the enemies' towers, inhibitors, and finally nexus. We have won several games where nobody on my team had a positive kill-death ratio.
So true as so few players get these points. *sigh* (and oops there runs another twitch/yi... off to get killed)

GR3ddy09

02-04-2010

My friend keeps bugging me to play LOL, as i'm a veteran in Dota.. I'm currently downloading it, and been reading up on the type of Champions and skill set for each. It does have the "Dota" feel to it, but, when i see the small videos on it, it looks more like WOW graphics with Dota gameplay. Think i'll play as much practice games first before playing against others online, but in the meantime, these forums are the way to go. Thanks for the tips.

Wolf1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR3ddy09 View Post
My friend keeps bugging me to play LOL, as i'm a veteran in Dota.. I'm currently downloading it, and been reading up on the type of Champions and skill set for each. It does have the "Dota" feel to it, but, when i see the small videos on it, it looks more like WOW graphics with Dota gameplay. Think i'll play as much practice games first before playing against others online, but in the meantime, these forums are the way to go. Thanks for the tips.

Tell the friend that's bugging you that you'll only play lol if he/she plays with you on nearly all your games.

khazmoth

03-30-2010

Hi.. Im just a pure newbie here.. and this is my first mmorpg(if im not mistaken),.. i just want to know the great heroes(Champions right?) for newbies like me... plese help me. and i want to know the items they need.. thank u..

White Rock

04-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatiz View Post
Hi, I'm playing Taric , the gem knight and I was just wondering if there is a way to Hotkey my Imbue (heal) on Myself & Allies, for an instant cast. I have been killed several times & miss around 1/100 (on a minion). Even though i heal my allied champions 70-90% of the time it would be nice to get out of those sticky sittations.. Snare / Stun + Burst damage.

I use the mouse to look around, so it can take around 0,5 - 1,5 seconds before I manage to click myself.

(this goes for other Champions aswell, buffs etc)
Use the side portraits or F1-F5.

Ie press q then F1 to heal yourself.

Kinney

04-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMumbleAlot View Post

So true. I play Kassadin pretty often and have kited bad players literally across the entire map. Warwick players are particularly prone to this (of course, this is largely because they're stupid on two levels: one for playing Warwick in the first place and one for trying to chase Kassadin).

Epistatic

04-09-2010

Great tip against Shaco:

In a teamfight, make sure you ping Shaco so he has the crosshairs over his head. This way, after he hallucinates, the crosshairs over the head of one of them tells you which is the real Shaco.