Detecting and banning extreme Intentional Feeders

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

08-26-2014
1 of 7 Riot Posts

Hey everyone,

As some of you may have heard, the Tribunal is a system that addresses many types of player behaviors but is currently in extended maintenance while we upgrade a lot of the core functionality. You can read more about it here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/new...ading-tribunal

In the meantime, we've launched several test systems that have begun aggressively reducing negative player behaviors in League of Legends including a system with the ability to instantly escalate high severity behaviors such as excessive verbal abuse, racism, sexism, homophobia and worse to a 14-day or permanent ban. After several weeks of testing in North America, we are now ready to start these tests on the European servers. We'll continue to monitor the results of these tests as we prepare to roll them out in other regions.

The reason I'm here today though, is because while these systems are effective at reducing negative verbal behaviors in League, we've been working on ways to address negative gameplay behaviors in League.

Starting 8/26/2014 in North America, we’ll be rolling out a test system capable of immediately escalating extreme intentional feeders straight to a 14-day or permanent ban. Like our other punishment systems, we’ll start with conservative tests to minimize false positives, and then expand the system to be more aggressive. As with our other experiments, depending on the results, we’ll roll out similar tests to the other servers.

shorterfatchode

08-26-2014

Name:  Z - Neat.jpg
Views: 31080
Size:  39.9 KB

zarsie

08-26-2014

But my 0/20/0 proxy singed

Meghan Markles

08-26-2014

aboot fookin time ye wanka

Deus Higher

08-26-2014

Spiderman thread?
Name:  tumblr_me28tlAAYy1rkmxa1o6_500.jpg
Views: 31136
Size:  21.4 KB

Gobbledy

08-26-2014

hi

Jenduna

08-26-2014

So, Kaceytron will be banned now, right?

Tenkuro

08-26-2014

So can you look up the account with summoner name Tenkuro and post proof of why I received a 14 day ban? Thanks.

OGZ Poptart Cat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2014

What if someone just does extremely badly 10 games in a row 0-15?

I'm really curious about this. Is the system taking into account items and summoners?

shorterfatchode

08-26-2014

Name:  qq.jpg
Views: 34409
Size:  37.6 KB