Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZippyTheSquirrel

12-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
We may have a ...plant queen... of sorts in the pipeline. Or maybe not =-P.
Queen of Thorns?

Leads into my real question... Demigod is the obvious red-headed step child runt of the DotA litter, but in my experience, brings a lot of really cool mechanics to the table. Have you or anyone else at Riot brought up "Hey, these guys do this thing pretty darn cool, maybe we should try something like that?"

AJUS

12-25-2010

Ezreal, what do you think about adding a spell like Phoenix's Graviton Beam in Starcraft 2 to the game as a Summoner Spell/Champion Spell? I'll think it could add more interesting gameplay to the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGAzVUFIkMo

xShinryuu

12-25-2010

While I was chatting with a friend about designing a new tank character (since we need more!) he suggested some sort of damage siphon ability/ultimate that makes a % of damage that an ally (or multiple allies?) takes to be inflicted on himself instead. What do you think about this? I personally find it a really good and unique idea.

Edit: Also, Burden of Knowledge can easily be avoided with good use of visual effects.

Ginormous Noob

12-25-2010

Why does it take Riot so long to give players their prizes that they win from tournaments?

Riyshn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJUS View Post
Ezreal, what do you think about adding a spell like Phoenix's Graviton Beam in Starcraft 2 to the game as a Summoner Spell/Champion Spell? I'll think it could add more interesting gameplay to the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGAzVUFIkMo
I don't play Starcraft, but from the video it would basically be an extended Suppress ability with no damage, right?

AJUS

12-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenel View Post
I don't play Starcraft, but from the video it would basically be an extended Suppress ability with no damage, right?
Well, It can lift off allies or enemies to the air, only range unit can attack the unit while it in the air and it render the ability's user immobile for a few seconds (like malzahar ult) but I think we could tweak it to suit LoL.

POverwhelming

12-25-2010

Is it possible , to make champion attack target , that was hit by spell before autoattack. Like when blitz grabs , it will start autoattacking champ that u grabbed , instead of randmoly attacking nearby creep.

ChUmp3r

12-25-2010

Just want to say congratz on being the most unique champion designer at Riot. All the champs you make I cant seem to stay away from. My question was can you give us an idea as to Caitlyn's auto-attack range/speed?

Riyshn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJUS View Post
Well, It can lift off allies or enemies to the air, only range unit can attack the unit while it in the air and it render the ability's user immobile for a few seconds (like malzahar ult) but I think we could tweak it to suit LoL.
Huh. Yeah, I could see it. No ally targeting, cause that is way too much griefing potential, but a single-target suppress (Malz/WW/Urgot ult: channeled move, target can't move/attack/skills/SSpells), with a longer duration and doing no damage.

Or maybe a ally-targeted shield that protects from melee (anything that doesn't register as range or AoE, I guess) attacks for a duration.

SpooK

12-25-2010

Hey Ez,

Not to bog you down more, but was hoping you could glance over and critique the potential for the following champ design:

Appearance: Old man with a huge robe/cowl and wearing a large backpack. He holds a large glowing staff with a demon skull mounted to the top. Similar to the Warlock from DOTA (in appearance only)

Class: Bruiser, melee attack

Passive: From Hero's backpack emerges shadow mites to assist him in his auto attacks. One shadow mite is generated every one second of auto attacking, and will leap from Hero's backpack onto the enemy target. Shadow mite does X damage per second and will last six seconds before evaporating. (Similar to a stacking dot, except not based on attack speed)

Skill 1: Hero slams his staff, creating a fissure in the ground, zig zagging forward in a linear fashion. From the fissure emerge shadows, shackling all enemies units standing on the fissure. Length of shackle, length of fissure and damage increase per level

Skill 2: Passve: shadow mite damage is increased and every 5th/4th/3rd/2nd/1st mite will return hp/mana to Hero upon evaporating. Active: mites attacking a target explode in a burst of shadow, doing damage per mite and slowing the target.

Skill 3: Hero creates 1/1/2/2/3 shadows of himself to assist in attacking. Shadows are untargetable and non-controllable - simply follow the actions of Hero. Shadows have greatly increased attack speed, but reduced attack damage. If Hero dies, shadows disappear. Last X seconds.

Ultimate: Hero raises his staff into the air, shining a bright light in an AOE around him. All enemies in the AOE of the light will have a stationary shadow of themselves created, lasting for X seconds. As enemies move away from the shadow, they are weakened, losing movement speed, attack damage, ability power and resistances/armor.

Cheers! Merry Christmas!