Banned for Not Speaking AT ALL

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Dreadkarp

08-11-2014

I believe that last week, Lyte said nobody has ever been banned for failure to communicate. Honestly, so long as you ping, you shouldn't have to type. In fact, Lyte said that most people don't talk outside of end game "gg". He said we're a quiet community.

Bump for antisocial justice

Lil Soybean

08-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Are Bleeding View Post
Bump, because I want to see a riot staff member ignore this thread because they refuse to admit mistakes.

I honestly expect it to be a chat log of one of the few games I didn't have everyone muted, where I got mildly frustrated at our possibly-trolling ADC who fed and then afk'd by saying something like, "Jinx, pls stop feeding"

At which point I'm afraid the thread will be abandoned, because, oh, he did type words, so I guess he deserved to be banned. Nevermind that he wasn't toxic or inflammatory or anything like that. Bye bye, guy.

Yes, I'm scared I'll be given a weak and vague reason for why I was banned (Your chat logs suggest you're sometimes negative. Like when you're losing."

Nevermind the botlane that both went to lane, died once each, and both disconnected within 5 seconds of eachother. Duo, anyone?
And nevermind the Fizz that went mid, walked up to toplane within the first few minutes of the game, died immediately to my opponent, giving them a kill, before immediately disconnecting from the game, leaving me with a stronger opponent and no midlaner.

All of these things and I still don't unleash a toxic fury. Because that wouldn't help anything. That wouldn't help anyone.
I just say, "Why did you do that? wexgetgxtge. Alright, sorry for raging guys, nevermind. I'm going to mute everyone so I don't rage at chat. Do what you like... ):"

Lil Soybean

08-11-2014

Bump

Lil Soybean

08-11-2014

Edit: Mis-post. Take this as a bump.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

08-11-2014
1 of 14 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Soybean View Post
I was afraid of that, but I've learned that Riot does not ban for not communicating in chat, so long as you at least use pings reasonably. And I pinged frequently. Pinged 'on my way' when I was the jungler, coming to gank a lane. Pinged player missing when I was in lane, and my enemy went MIA. And so on. I helped my team but 90% of the time there was no text communication.

Actually, I should amend my original statement though. I did start chatting recently. I left all Chat off, but left my teammates unmuted for one reason. I wanted to be able to tell them GJ whenever they got a kill, but without getting into any serious discussion. I hoped that this would count as positive attitude and boost my teams morale, (who doesn't like being commended for a successful kill?) but ostensibly it's led to me being banned.
I'm going to be honest, I feel like you're trolling me a bit. It's very obvious you do chat in games, and it's not just to commend players or say GJ. There's a lot of weirdness to your chat logs though; for example:

[31:54] Lil Soybean: btw guys I keep my chat muted so if you're talking to me I can't hear it
[31:59] Lil Soybean: sorry
[32:06] Lil Soybean: "AKALI STOP DIVING YOU ****IN DINGUS"
[32:09] Lil Soybean: Whoopseee heheheheh

[33:33] Lil Soybean: nvm
[34:03] Lil Soybean: NCIE LASER YO!
[34:06] Lil Soybean: OMG AND THE KAYLE ULT!!!
[34:08] Lil Soybean: I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!
[34:15] Lil Soybean: Unmuting y'all

In this particular case, saying whoopseee hehehehe afterwards doesn't suddenly make the previous statement OK, even if you are trying your best to make it appear like you were joking. You still got reported for it, so others did find it rude that you would consistently use an offensive remark followed by a "joke" like "lol!" In a lot of games, you get pretty heated with random players and accuse them of being toxic smurfs, etc. In other examples, you repeatedly bash others for being a smurf (when you're clearly playing on a smurf). In fact, in one game you repeatedly attack a smurf for what they are doing to new players... which is ironic because you're on a smurf doing the same.

However, I'm going to reduce your ban on this account to 3-days. It's clear you are trying to make an effort, but because you were behaving the way you did with new players in the game, the punishment was pretty severe. Hopefully, you just use chat for teamplay communication or positive comments from now on, on both your smurf + main accounts.

UPDATE EDIT :::

Nevermind the previous post, update is in.

We're going to remove the ban entirely. Your account should be updated in a few minutes Lil Soybean.

We've confirmed that most of the attacks were against himself, and if we removed all of the self-attacks, the attacks on smurfs alone did not justify a punishment. It was super unclear which of OP's attacks were against himself and which were against smurfs (because the chat lines sometimes didn't mention a champion or Summoner Name), but once we dug into more detail and removed all of the OP's attacks against himself in the chat logs, the remaining attacks against smurfs weren't severe enough to warrant a penalty.

This is the first case we've hand-reviewed in the new machine learning system that has resulted in an error in the outcome, and I'd like to personally apologize to you Lil Soybean. We'll have to figure out better ways to have the system identify self-attacks with a different severity scale.

Lil Soybean

08-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I'm going to be honest, I feel like you're trolling me a bit. It's very obvious you do chat in games, and it's not just to commend players or say GJ. There's a lot of weirdness to your chat logs though; for example:

[31:54] Lil Soybean: btw guys I keep my chat muted so if you're talking to me I can't hear it
[31:59] Lil Soybean: sorry
[32:06] Lil Soybean: "AKALI STOP DIVING YOU ****IN DINGUS"
[32:09] Lil Soybean: Whoopseee heheheheh

[33:33] Lil Soybean: nvm
[34:03] Lil Soybean: NCIE LASER YO!
[34:06] Lil Soybean: OMG AND THE KAYLE ULT!!!
[34:08] Lil Soybean: I LOVE THIS TEAM!!!
[34:15] Lil Soybean: Unmuting y'all

In this particular case, saying whoopseee hehehehe afterwards doesn't suddenly make the previous statement OK, even if you are trying your best to make it appear like you were joking. You still got reported for it, so others did find it rude that you would consistently use an offensive remark followed by a "joke" like "lol!" In a lot of games, you get pretty heated with random players and accuse them of being toxic smurfs, etc. In other examples, you repeatedly bash others for being a smurf (when you're clearly playing on a smurf). In fact, in one game you repeatedly attack a smurf for what they are doing to new players... which is ironic because you're on a smurf doing the same.

However, I'm going to reduce your ban on this account to 3-days. It's clear you are trying to make an effort, but because you were behaving the way you did with new players in the game, the punishment was pretty severe. Hopefully, you just use chat for teamplay communication or positive comments from now on, on both your smurf + main accounts.

Okay....this is a very simple misunderstanding.

I was the Akali.

The quotation marks around what I said are vital. Can you see the score at this point, or a history of the match? Because, as I recall, I was mocking myself for just having dove in on the enemy team and died.

Again, to clarify; I was talking about myself. I was the Akali in question.

I was berating myself for making a silly mistake. Does the game history not display to you who I was playing as? It should have shown enough context to derive that 'Akali has been slain by enemy so-and-so, with assists by the entire enemy team. Lil Soybean(Akali)in quotation marks laughingly calls Akali (himself) a dingus.'

How do you pIay

08-11-2014

Game is all about communication and what you just did was basically a troll move. Im pretty sure Riot will explain that to you.

Hime

08-11-2014

shrekkktt xDddd

NaCl Shaker

08-11-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Soybean View Post
Okay....this is a very simple misunderstanding.

I was the Akali.

See the quotation marks around what I said? Can you post the bit of chat before I said that bit? Because I believe I was saying that I was afraid they would lash out at me like that.

Again, to clarify; I was talking about myself. I was the Akali in question.
This is actually really interesting if true.

Raiyn

08-11-2014

Slow clap for Lyte, this is an interesting thread. @ OP Lyte also said you acted badly in other games, this one was just an example.