Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cyath

12-22-2010

Have you considered releasing a custom map editor? If so, how many skins do I need to buy to make that happen?

Ezreal

Pre Production Champion Designer

12-23-2010
100 of 320 Riot Posts

Replies for pages 185-190.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryswick View Post
I believe it's known that the sniper champion is a female, correct?

Does she have a name yet?

Also, could you give us any other sneak peeks on her? I'm a fan of long-range skill shots like Lux's and Ezreal's ultimate.

I have my fingers crossed that she'll be viable with an AP build.

(Checked back a few pages, her name was changed from Aeon to something else?)
The sniper is Caitlyn, the Sheriff of Piltover. Sure, her ultimate is Ace in the Hole, a long range physical nuke that can be intercepted by enemy champions (though it makes it all the sweeter when you can fire it through an enemy team and hit someone in the back row).

She used to be viable with an AP build, but we removed the AP scaling on her ultimate at the request of our Lead Designer =-P. Sorry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
One could argue that Mystic Shot doesn't look terribly basic either, but that's neither here nor there. Mostly I would love to see Koggy with slightly less emphasis on hitting W and melting face and more on utilizing that absurdly fun Ult of his.

The on-hit issue would certainly be easier to explain with Jax. Whether Leap applies on-hit or if he instantly attacked again ala Kat with Shumpo... either would work.

Though I would be a bit leery about the latter. That would allow Jax to Leap, auto, empower, stun, relentless all in the blink of an eye. 's a HUGE amount of burst damage.
I could see Koggy getting a ultimate buff now that the poking meta is far in the past. We may need to nerf him a bit in other ways, but I'll keep it in mind. As for leap strike, I don't know why it doesn't apply on hits (if it doesn't), I'll inquire about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malurth View Post
Morello hasn't helped design any champs?
Morello has given great feedback and design on all champions that have been released since he's come aboard. He just hasn't taken lead on designing / implementing any of them (because he needs to work on all of them).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkNEVRA View Post
As I've mentioned before, I play Ezreal and love it. I love the recent buffs to Ezreal and I think it's just what he needed for some early lane control.

However, you can't nerf Zhonya's Ring... I play AP Ezreal (I'll be sad). :'(

My build is basically as follows:
Boots of speed + 3 health pots -> Wriggle's Lantern -> Sheen -> Zhonya's Ring -> Lichbane... then either a void staff or banshee's veil.

I like where Ezreal is right now (with the current Zhonya's).
Well, we aren't so much nerfing the current Zhonya as we are splitting it. In fact, the change might make AP Ezreal far more powerful (though less survivable).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadnecroma View Post
What do you think of HoN's shop system?

I think its *****s but lets hear your perspective.
It's the old Dota shop system =-P, we moved away from that system because it has it's own barriers to entry (secret shop, figuring out builds into items, ease of finding an item you want, etc).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthly View Post
@Ezreal could you ever make a grass goddess? I'd love a champion that would go along with my name. =3
We may have a ...plant queen... of sorts in the pipeline. Or maybe not =-P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saigyouji View Post
Dear Ezreal,

I'm new to LoL forums, but I've been playing LoL for quite a long time. I've concerns with Sona, one of the most recently undiscussed (<- This is NOT a word) champion.

When Sona first came out, I was pretty glad to see a champion who had a Stance mechanic who was a support, someone I was looking forward to for quite a long time.

Then the players started whining about her and she was pretty much nerfed three times consecutively. During this time I was too interested in Lux and Blitzcrank to care about Sona.

Then, the Christmas patch. Finally, a skin for Sona was out, and I loved it. I instantly bought it, and used her. Guess how this turned out.

As long as she was focused during teamfights she had no way to help the team win. I learned this the hard way when Olaf just decides to screw everything and chase after me. Our entire team died right after. This was during pre-nerf. But, after she was nerfed 3 times in a row, it was even harder to stun all 5 or even 4 because her ultimate's range was nerfed, she had hard time keeping all 3 auras up because of global increase in cooldown, and the base increased stats for Q and W nerfed so bad it was difficult for me to support evenly. I'm looking for a more balanced patch for Sona next time. All these nerfs are making me want to give up Sona. I love Riot for making this game. I love Sona too, she was my very first main-main. Now it seems I have to give her up. Before I do, please fix her so I can play her and own with her day and night once more. (:

Thank you.
Unfortunately that's what happens when assassins focus on a fragile support =-P. Characters like Akali, Kassadin, and Olaf tear Sona apart. Though there are ways you can compete against this. Go with items like Shurelia's Reverie (HP/CDR/MS Active) to kite those assassins while your team deals with them. I'm afraid I don't know how powerful Sona is currently, all I know is that I don't hear nearly as many complaints about her any more. I'm sure if we over nerfed her we will recompensate in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilcide View Post
Are there any future plans to add dodge items or change Jax's R(Active)/E now that phantom dancer no longer gives dodge? I have some suggestions, like E being able to stun whenever, but it's cooldown is reduced if Jax dodges, or his R active giving CC reduction, Dodge, or MR (not really sure) based on the number of stacks he has. Is anything being planned for Jax at the moment?
Personally I disliked our removing dodge from Phantom Dancer without adding a new dodge item. I will look into adding a new lower tier dodge item in the future. However, if that doesn't happen then we will likely change Jax's kit to work better w/lower levels of dodge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplant View Post
Any hints on how far off the next tank might be?

They seem to be in really high demand right now.
There are two in the pipeline, though I can't speak as to when they'll come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unreal999 View Post
Dear Ezreal,

I had made few posts regarding Irelia, and i want to hear from you sir. My biggest complaint about her, is that her ultimate is totally broken... Her AD scaling does not work, period. No matter how much AD i would stack, it would always remain at 0, while the AP scaling works just fine. This maybe wouldn't be that big problem, if she wasn't an AD carry and if the Ultimate didnt scale better from AD Than AP ( 0.6 vs 0.4 )

Do you think this will get fixed soon? It is very annoying, and makes her seem even more buggy. Her Q glitches our all the time, her E sometimes stuns when it shouldn't and now her R just flat out does not work.

In addition, do you think she needs to be slightly tweaked? All of her skills scale of different things; Her Q is AD. her W is AS, and her E is AP, while her R is AP or AD ( Currently only AP since AD is broken sigh ) Don't you think her E should simply scale off her Attack damage? Her kit is all over the place, and from what i understand Riot doesn't like hybrid characters.
I just looked this up on live and it is not bugged out... Though we'll keep our eyes open. As for her E, we discussed having it scale on AD or Atk/Spd, and decided to make smaller buffs on her first before trying these out. Check her out in the next patch and let me know what you think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloakblade5 View Post
I also have issues from Irelia's Q. If you click it on a minion and it dies as you are dashing, it still charges you as if you didn't last hit.
That's how they all work, if you disintigrate a unit that dies while it is in the air, the mana is not refunded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swadow View Post
...you cant be serious about nerfing Mordekaiser again. He already lost his early game with the last patch and big chunk of his late game shield. Are you going to nerf him until even no-item Eve can beat him without using her abilities? Early game was all Mord had and now that he doesnt have that either what he needs isnt ****ing nerfs but the ****ing opposite.
I think I just need to disagree with you there. It is a fairly consistent point of feedback that Mordekaiser is likely too powerful right now. As such, we would be open to nerfing him. Though it would likely be to her shield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzakuCMX View Post
Is Katarina going to get a REAL rework, or do you think she's fine where she's at?

Her recent buffs (changes?) didn't address the largest problem with her....which is her ult being too easy to stop for as much damage output it gives (it's about 70%+ of her damage output right now). You guys also nerfed her early game even further and killed AD builds....I'm a sad panda!
While I don't think she is 'fine' where she is at, no one is looking at her. I hope we get a chance to give her a full once over some time in the near future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyKarp View Post
Hey Ezreal! First post!
As a lowly Lux main, I have two questions(tell Shurelia I love her forever for designing such an amazing champ! <3)

1. Right now, do you feel Lux is where you want her in terms of balance? Some find her slightly underpowered even after the buffs.

2. Do you feel Lux is where you guys want her in terms of playstyle? Is the way she turned out what you guys had in mind? I noticed her buffs were definitely to her support capabilities instead of her damage dealing ones(aside from the finales change).
1) Yes, I believe she is plenty powerful right now, though she is a fairly high skill capped champion.
2) Yes, she was always meant to be slightly more on the support side of things as opposed to damage dealing. But that being said, she can output a ton of damage when appropriately outfitted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selios View Post
Can we possibly expect some Irelia buffs? I think she could be brought up to par a bit!
Yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegurineLuka View Post
Hey ez,

I have only one thing to ask about Caitlyn. Will she have a Australian accent?
I'm afraid not, though she does have a different awesome accent =-D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicez View Post
He had utility before when essence flux heals allies. Too bad it was removed because of Heal Meta being gamebreakingly overpowered without appropriate counters.
Most of his utility comes from long range and movement abilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovertGhoul View Post
What do you think of Cassie so far? A lot of people think she is UP, Elementz said she was the worst character and Urgot 2.0. I personally think she is great... I mean I hit with her AOE ulti (always amazing), she has a huge damage round considering you can miasma their whole team and just swap targets when someone dies, and when that isn't up you can just Q them, though IMO thats the hardest thing to get used to b/c of the long cooldown. I think I am doing better with her than I normally would though b/c noone respects her, which is silly. Anyways, I think she is awesome, other people think she needs a range bump on the E, any opinions on her so far and is she getting changed at all with the upcoming patch?

Has Caitlyn's design changed over the past couple of months? You hinted before about how her playstyle would be and I am curious on how that may have changed/stay the same.
I went 20/2 with her in yesterday's internal match, so I don't see where most people are coming from. She reminds me of Ezreal, where everyone thought he was UP until they learned how to play him, and then he became a ridiculous powerhouse. As for Cassi, I hear we are buffing her for the next patch. I am actually fairly worried that this will make her OP in the near future =-P. Also, the new items will help her out significantly.

Yes, Caitlyn actually lost one of my favorite abilities, the Brush Trap. This ability would have allowed her to lay down patches of brush for allied units to use (and it would detonate upon enemy champions). This would have provided synergy with other champions such as Nidalee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanadel View Post
Have you considered designing a champion that shares part of its lore with Ezreal? Not necessarily another sister/brother combo, but someone to make Ezreal's story a little bit richer?
Haha, mayyyyybe. But that champion hasn't been approved yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickPham View Post
Isn't it kind of hard to effectively balance an underused champions and items? Seems like once a champ is labeled bad, the only way to find out what's actually wrong with them is a strong buff that gets it used enough to identify what needs nerfing afterwards.

Do you plan on implementing anything to encourage experimentation for the sake of collecting data?
(Like bonus IP for playing Alistar for a short period of time)
That does happen fairly often, as hidden gems like Malphite pop up out of the woodwork after relatively minor buffs. I like the concept of providing incentives, however that is a ton of work for something that I don't believe is that important. I would rather just do minor buffs on the champion to drive players to try them out.

[QUOTE=CovertGhoul;4855774]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDARemote View Post

Read Morello's comments on other map sizes, he gives several explanations about them.

@ Ezreal, Is there going to be a stronger Crit/Lifesteal item ever? The calling is good, but its not very late game worthy unless they have some monster heals going on. Any spoilers on the new black cleaver? I hope on Garen its totally awesome, I have been trying AD carry, and I have been doing pretty well with him lately, despite the scaling being worse until 294 bonus AD.
I doubt there will be a new crit/lifesteal item, as it doesn't really synergize all that well (and we already have one). As for the new Black Cleaver, I'm digging it, though I don't know how it'll do with Garen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by POverwhelming View Post
When will underpowered heroes see their light instead of giant nerfhammer lists ?
We are constantly bringing up 'underpowered' champions. Hell, Gragas, Malphite, and Rammus recently received buffs, and see where they are now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadiquito View Post
I know you did not design Shaco (I think Guinsoo did?), but I'd like to know where he's headed. Most people agree he's lackluster from mid to end-game unless he has an excellent early game, and that just makes him a good pusher since his non-existent survivability forces him to stay as far away from teamfights as possible. Also, most people agree that his early ganks (from level 1-3) are borderline OP. What are the plans regarding Shaco?
We currently have no plans on Shaco.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richthofen View Post
I'd like to know about some of the more subtle properties of Spell Vamp.

First off, what is the exact reduced value when calculating AoE vamp? I've heard varying answers before and I'd like to put it to rest.

Next, how do multi-target/multi-hit abilities factor into all this? Multi-target spells such as Kennen's Electrical Surge, Swain/Morgana ultimates, and a few others all appear to proc the full effect of Rylai's Scepter, so these spells seem to not fall under the AoE clause. Abilities that can be considered multi-hit such as Fiddle's Dark Wind, Ryze's Spell Flux, and Lux's Light Binding(?) also present an odd scenario.

Another thing that has left me wondering is how do physical damage abilities interact with Spell Vamp? Do they receive any sort of gain from this stat?

Finally, are there any new Spell Vamp items coming up on the horizon? I recall reading that Vamp is nigh useless on the burst mages, but I believe that all sustained spellcasters could greatly benefit from a wider variety of items; characters like Karthus, Swain, Malzahar, and Vladamir come to mind.

If you're not the one to ask, could you direct me to whomever it may concern?

Thanks in advance.
1) I believe AoE Spell Vamp is either 33% or 35%.
2) Those spells should all be classified as AoE, if they are not then it is a bug.
3) Physical abilities do not scale with Spell Vamp.
4) We just increased the power on current spell vamp items, so we don't feel we need new ones immediately. However, there is one in the queue that we're holding off on for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbilo View Post
Ezreal, don't give up on the hybrid Ez!!! NO!!!!!! It will be the death of him if Ad and Ap become fully fleshed out. Especially w/o a magic pen/arm pen item.

Also, has anyone looked into Shen's feint recently to make it have a more unique feel compared to the other shields out there?
Hybrid Ezreal is still very viable.
We feel that Shen's feint is more unique than the other shields out there currently, so while it is likely underpowered, we likely won't change it (though we might buff it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukiner View Post
sup Ezrael bro

since you answered strativaski about "new" incoming thingy for Malz I would like to ask you what do you think about my Malz skin concept?
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...47#post4739947

Malzahar fans high five \,,,/ (^)_(^) \,,,,/

for the void
Looks awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castro10 View Post
Hey Ez, Am really really looking forward to Caitlyn, Will you tell me a bit about her skills?
I answered one a bit earlier in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderShepard View Post
Which pipeline has something new for Malz, the ability pipeline or the skin pipeline?
A bit of both, but we're still up in the air about the design one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord155 View Post
I can't have game sound turned on because my fps go down from 25 to 15~ and the game is unplayable, can you give me any advice? what can i do to play with sound on but without buying better pc
I'm afraid I have no idea about the inner workings of computers =-P.

IS13537e7a92416eab299e3

12-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal
We may have a ...plant queen... of sorts in the pipeline. Or maybe not =-P.
Or how about a plant king called Gavid and a spider queen called Priscilla?

Just imagine the cheering masses.

Seiuchi

12-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
I went 20/2 with her in yesterday's internal match, so I don't see where most people are coming from. She reminds me of Ezreal, where everyone thought he was UP until they learned how to play him, and then he became a ridiculous powerhouse. As for Cassi, I hear we are buffing her for the next patch. I am actually fairly worried that this will make her OP in the near future =-P. Also, the new items will help her out significantly.
But if you think she's got the same problem Ezreal had and you think buffing her will make her OP, why buff her so quickly after she came out?

strativaski

12-23-2010

can you specify what " in the pipeline" is for malzahar?
is it in very close future, or will it be a while untill we see it ( in other words: soon(tm) )

how come the sniper champ isen't a male? I'm just curious, I was pretty convinced he was going to be a rough male, because in Dota, he was a man too

kind regards

Sylph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Emissary of the League

12-23-2010

Thank you for taking the time to answer some of the fan messages. Please keep up the great work up there and Happy Holidays to everyone.

Castro10

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-23-2010

when will we see caitlyn abilities?

ImpGuard

12-23-2010

I'm really sad to hear that Caitlyn lost her Bush Trap, simply because it seemed like the coolest utility concept made in a while.

Unfortunately you already gave out her ultimate, but I was hoping if you could tell me if she has any utility in her spells besides damage. I'm hoping she doesn't end up similar to MF in that most of her spells are just damage and becomes overpowering or underpowering purely depending on how much damage she can put out. (Similar to the AP Ezreal case). The Bush Trap seemed to be really cool, but now that it's been removed, has she received any other cool utility spells or has it been switched to something more simplistic and not as cool?

Altámbo

12-23-2010

Hey Ez
Can u guys increase the AP ratio for Alpha Strike?

Haestro

12-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by altambo View Post
Hey Ez
Can u guys increase the AP ratio for Alpha Strike?
Not sure if serious.