@Lyte What' exactly is a neutral player?

First Riot Post
123456 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TSM Dhinoo

08-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
A neutral player could come in a variety of forms actually:

1) A player that is sometimes mildly toxic (no excessive racism, sexism, homophobia, death threats, etc) and sometimes positive would be considered neutral.

2) A player who generally never uses chat is considered neutral.

3) A player who uses chat only for gameplay elements like "mia" or "ward here" is generally considered neutral too.

4) A player who only says "gg" at the end of game and never uses chat for anything else would be considered neutral+ I guess.
gay

uncle anime

08-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallard View Post
So basically, what I'm getting is..?

??? > Neutral > Toxic
"???" would be the Positive player, which is probably along the lines of:

1) Doesn't flame their teammates or the enemy, or only does so very rarely.
2) Offers advice and encouragement consistently in their games.
3) Admits to mistakes and doesn't get overly confrontational with others.

jmido

08-03-2014

Quote:

1) A player that is sometimes mildly toxic (no excessive racism, sexism, homophobia, death threats, etc) and sometimes positive would be considered neutral.

3) A player who uses chat only for gameplay elements like "mia" or "ward here" is generally considered neutral too.

4) A player who only says "gg" at the end of game and never uses chat for anything else would be considered neutral+ I guess.
can you tell me how I rate? neutral, positive, toxic, etc?

Aefre

08-03-2014

Quote:

Whats your definition of a positive player?

DontTouchMySupp

08-03-2014

Quote:

I'm #1, yet you banned me.
#2) Banned for "refusing to communicate with team" if you use this option
#3) Probably can't report for refusing to communicate.
#4) Still banned for refusing to communicate according to your system, sir.

Let me ask you, did you have a big joint when you put this toxic system in place? Put the tribunal back in. Players can exploit the system so much easier now. Before, we had real players check chat logs. Now, it's a stupid automatic system that can ban you if 4 people are queue'd together and they decide to report you because you "fed" and you were 8/10/4.

SNSD Tiffanyx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2014

Quote:

so basically a bot then

Menea6587

08-03-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallard View Post
So basically, what I'm getting is..?

??? > Neutral > Toxic
According to Lyte's presentation on the subject at MIT, the PBJ separates players into 4 distinct categories:
positive
neutral
negative
toxic

Positive players are players who either or both actively or reactively attempt to have a positive impact on the community via such things as encouragement, leadership, compassion, and good manners. These players do not obtain punishments as their behavior is well above standard behavior.

Negative players on the other hand are players who engage in selfish acts, acting toxic when pressed hard, or sometimes lose control of their emotions on a somewhat regular basis but not all the time. These kinds of people players the rest of the community would not want to play with a lot of the time, but they can still be positive or neutral in some of their games. These are the players that get one or two bans before reforming to at least neutral.

Toxic players are players who, like negative players, are self-absorbed but do not need as provocation to behave in a toxic manner and do not show signs of improvement. Toxic players eventually get perma banned as they are beyond hope of redemption.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

08-03-2014
2 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexander420 View Post
so how often does it happen that neutral players get dunked by chat restrictions or smited by account ban
Almost none.

A lot of toxic players will spread rumors about how "everyone is chat restricted" but it's just not true. Right now in NA, only about 1.0% of active accounts have received a chat restriction, and less have been escalated to a 14-day or permanent ban.

Rastamon Ganja

08-03-2014

@Lyte can you tell me what my standing is? Neutral/Negative/Positive? I recently got an in game warning, but not really sure for what, last game i played the only negative thing i said to the enemy team was 'so salty' or something like that because they were being pretty toxic. Also where am i at on the scale as far as reporting others? how effective are my reports?

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

08-03-2014
3 of 10 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontTouchMySupp View Post
I'm #1, yet you banned me.
Doubt you are #1 if you are banned.

Quote:
#2) Banned for "refusing to communicate with team" if you use this option
A player has never been penalized for refusing to communicate in the history of my time at Riot.

Quote:
Let me ask you, did you have a big joint when you put this toxic system in place? Put the tribunal back in. Players can exploit the system so much easier now. Before, we had real players check chat logs. Now, it's a stupid automatic system that can ban you if 4 people are queue'd together and they decide to report you because you "fed" and you were 8/10/4.
The system isn't automatic, that's just something a negative player likes spreading. Every system in the game has multiple checks and balances, especially when they are dealing with actual consequences to player accounts. If you think the system is much easier to exploit, then give examples. Secondly, when Tribunal does come back, it'll use all of these systems and be much more accurate (and faster) than before.

123456 ... 12