I'd like chat logs for my 2 week ban when I don't even use chat.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IAintDarius

07-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiSkillshot View Post
I have a question...

Why doesn't Lyte and the rest that do this, just close the threads after saying the chat logs?

I really do hate it when more than 8/10 of the thread is "REKT" or "SHREKT" or some other pointless comments...
*On a forum where 8/10 of the threads are pointless*

You can simply not go to the threads since you know how most of them end.

El Chico Temido

07-25-2014

Hi everyone, hello there Jeff,

First of all I really think that you should've done the announcement of this beta banning mode wider than your own twitter, but as you've already recognized that tactic was a mistake and you've learned (even when you explain that if it is a feature still in beta that's not the common procedure of wide-spread, but when it comes to human factors now we know that shouldn't matter).

The second point is, that I think that you should spread also that conference you made about the shaping behavior in online games via Riot Games (or another extensive/massive ways for those that doesn't check the forum threads), so in that way a lot more gamers can know (if not understand 'cos the very nature of the research) why/how this "beta banning mode" or "reforming/preventing" system came to life.

And also I can read (and maybe I'm misreading) a glimpse of, somehow, you're taking kinda personal this reclaims by "demonstrating" (their lies) exposing their own chat logs. I don't say is bad, but, as you might know (since you've already read the whole logs or most from this one and the other players that you have been uploading their logs) when you want to extinct a behavior, it tend to escalate, and most probably (which I see as the real problem) they gonna take it as offensive or even an attack and not as a proper feedback in this way; so I think you shouldn't take (if I'm not wrong) what they say personal, just explain with the tools you have from the research and not with their very own personal/private logs/faults so publicly (even if they agree, I quote "(...) but remember, as scientists, as developers, we can't damage the players' experience, we have to be careful" Lin, Jeffrey; 2013).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Hm, maybe a new policy is if players want to complain about their ban but it's justified, it automatically gets escalated 1 tier...
^ I hope you are being really sarcastic right there with those suspension points about the whole sentence.

And for last Jeff, I really found highly valuable the content of that conference and research you made and I like to share it with the LATAM community so I've already made the captions/translation in spanish and I've twitted it to you asking if that's fine, and now I ask if there's a way to endorse it into the video so it could be shared to the LATAM community, 'cos as I said above, if the players knows (if not understand) the process/aim (aka research and experiments) in this beta banning phase which intends to prevent players of being toxic and shield those that aren't of it. Everything aiming to enrich the players' gaming experience/enjoyment, in this particular case of LoL.

If you can provide me with a mail or something to establish further contact with you regarding that translation/caption matter in order to share/spread with/in the LATAM community I'll be so thankful and glad.

PS: Sorry for my bad englando, I'm just a humble plat III player in LAN server. (This is my NA account when LAN is down)

BostonTeamParty

07-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronovey View Post
The problem with this is that a game online with 9 other players is not the place to vent your frustrations and take out all your angst. You blame "the community" like so many other players do, but the community is made up of individual people and that includes people like the OP. The community is not at fault on the whole, it is the individuals like the OP that make "the community" a bad place to visit and spend time.
I'm not saying that it is - I'm saying that there are long term issues behind their reactions that stem outside of the game from a society that is more twisted and insane than the person in pain which you judge without any sense or regard towards why people even blow up in the first place.

I could be a rapper, let me try:

Most rappers don't know how to spit, they lost their wit when they were smaller than a twig in a world that learned how to twist itself into a pit before it learned how to pit against all the pithe that just sits and collects like **** in a toilet.

SlainRexxar

07-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Hey Wargod1212,

First, I apologize for posting information on social media and not doing a full announcement. We were just doing some tests of a new system and were planning a full announcement when the system went live. Clearly players wanted more visibility on that information and that's my mistake, and we'll learn. When the features are finished testing and there's a full system, we'll still do a full announcement. But in the future, we'll try to get the messaging up-front.

However, I'd like you to be more honest with your posts. It's very clear that you use chat, and I've pulled games from as recent as last week. Secondly, I don't think posting on the front-page or in-game excuses you from the behaviors you've already done. You created a ton of negative experiences for other players, and we never said that every player gets a clean slate when the tests began. Even if we did a warning on the front-page or in-game, we'd still give you a harsh penalty. In fact, the team was very close to giving you a permanent ban for your recent behaviors in the past week alone. Nearly every single game looks like the chat logs below:

I have a feeling you know what you do in games, so please try to make an effort to own up and be accountable for your own actions. Blaming others isn't going to get you anywhere here.

---

wargod1212 (2:16): and mid is not here
wargod1212 (2:19): this game is over
wargod1212 (2:38): WHY DO I ALWAYS GET THESE ****ING TEAMS
wargod1212 (3:15): ****ing stupid kass
wargod1212 (3:28): you just lost la ne
wargod1212 (3:56): and top is going to feed
wargod1212 (4:02): top and mid already lost
wargod1212 (4:25): my red got stolen
wargod1212 (6:58): yeah im done
wargod1212 (7:02): this ****ing team sucks
wargod1212 [All] (9:20): *****
wargod1212 (12:06): garen youre a piece of ****
wargod1212 (13:07): DUDE DONT ****ING FEED NOW
wargod1212 (14:14): when youre that gfar behind you dont sit under turret
wargod1212 (14:16): you run away
wargod1212 (14:34): im not giving you ****
wargod1212 (15:25): yeah im done
wargod1212 (15:27): this ****ing team
wargod1212 [All] (18:35): you guys dont deserve this ****ing win
wargod1212 [All] (18:39): pathetic team
wargod1212 (20:26): DIONT
wargod1212 (20:28): RECALL
wargod1212 (20:29): THERE
wargod1212 (20:31): IDIOTS
wargod1212 (32:12): ****ing idiot

wargod1212 [All] (7:25): you suck dick
wargod1212 [All] (9:08): report please
Summoner1 (9:13): you realize that **** talking people does no good
wargod1212 (11:11): why did you ****ing take that kill from me
wargod1212 [All] (12:29): like i said
wargod1212 [All] (12:32): suck dick
wargod1212 (16:00): gp getting anally raped by nasus
wargod1212 (16:52): wow
wargod1212 (16:57): you guys are ****ing retarded
wargod1212 [All] (17:13): rtarded ****ing team
wargod1212 (17:41): dont udnerstand how you can be that retarded
wargod1212 [All] (25:47): gg retarded team

wargod1212 [All] (4:18): *****
wargod1212 (5:13): wow this tryndamere is such a ****ing *****
wargod1212 [All] (6:11): tryn why do you play such a ***** ass champ
wargod1212 [All] (6:35): no because you like dick in your mouth *****
wargod1212 (7:13): what the hell kayle
wargod1212 (7:18): what the **** you ****ing noob
wargod1212 (12:51): gg so hard
wargod1212 (12:55): ww so ****ing useless
wargod1212 (18:22): just surrender
wargod1212 (18:25): i want to play another game
wargod1212 (18:29): without noob ass jungler
wargod1212 (18:31): and noob ass mid

---
HAHAHAHAHAHA I love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu lyteeeeeee *-* <3<3<3<3

Phreak

Shoutcaster

07-25-2014
7 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonTeamParty View Post
So funny, Lyte. Trying to clear people of their "toxicity" on the INTERNET, as if you had no idea that in REAL LIFE people don't get to express their emotions because everyone is quick to judge and hypocritical, so they express all that pain (notice how I said pain, not toxicity) through the mediums of which they WANT TO ENJOY, but can't because your game and your community aren't very savvy at preserving humanity's sanity when a particular group of people play to escape from their pain, but eventually have to face it during your terribly performing game.
Hey man, I don't pretend to know you as a person, but there is a small piece of advice I want to share:

If you are playing games to escape from some real-world pain, that's fine. A lot of people use games for an escape. I've done it plenty of times. So I feel you there.

However, try to be conscious of what kinds of games you're playing. If you're in a state where any time a teammate gives up first blood, you fly off the handle... that's just not good news for anyone. If you're in that kind of place, you should stay away from team-based multiplayer games until you calm down a bit. Why not play a shooter where you don't have to talk with your teammates or rely on them for your individual success? What about an MMO? Go kill some skeletons to relieve stress. The truth is, League of Legends is really heavily-based on teamwork and cooperation among strangers (or friends). If you're agitated, it might just not be the right game to play at that time.

PubME

07-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonTeamParty View Post
I'm not saying that it is - I'm saying that there are long term issues behind their reactions that stem outside of the game from a society that is more twisted and insane than the person in pain which you judge without any sense or regard towards why people even blow up in the first place.

I could be a rapper, let me try:

Most rappers don't know how to spit, they lost their wit when they were smaller than a twig in a world that learned how to twist itself into a pit before it learned how to pit against all the pithe that just sits and collects like **** in a toilet.
Unless your psychiatrist plays on your 5s team, not a single person on League of Legends is responsible for helping fix your emotional issues.

Get a job. Get health coverage. Make use of the mental health coverage and your company's EAP. Dr. Lyte of the Mindmagic is not your shrink, homie.

That goes for every player we're talking about. If you display terrible behavior, regardless of the reason, not a single employee at Riot is your brain-fixer doctor. It's not their job, though they probably do care that you have problems.

AzzMaster

07-25-2014

Attached Images
File Type: jpg oh lawd.jpg (64.5 KB, 1746 views)

wargod1212

07-25-2014

Hey Phreak! Can you unban my account please! I beg of you!

PubME

07-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
Hey man, I don't pretend to know you as a person, but there is a small piece of advice I want to share:

If you are playing games to escape from some real-world pain, that's fine. A lot of people use games for an escape. I've done it plenty of times. So I feel you there.

However, try to be conscious of what kinds of games you're playing. If you're in a state where any time a teammate gives up first blood, you fly off the handle... that's just not good news for anyone. If you're in that kind of place, you should stay away from team-based multiplayer games until you calm down a bit. Why not play a shooter where you don't have to talk with your teammates or rely on them for your individual success? What about an MMO? Go kill some skeletons to relieve stress. The truth is, League of Legends is really heavily-based on teamwork and cooperation among strangers (or friends). If you're agitated, it might just not be the right game to play at that time.
Original Mariokart's got my vote.

How can you be mad playin' the Toadstool?

And do it while listening to banjo music. You can't help but smile at good banjo music. It's good for the soul, brother.

Sonnington

07-25-2014

I miss tribunal, it's fun reading the weird toxic things other people write. But I suppose this public shaming is even better. Considering you're shaming liars that are looking for sympathy.