Seriously Riot what on earth is going on with these chat restrictions?!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Steal Ur Wife

07-23-2014

I feel like lyte is butthurt because I made a joke about him in game. ofc

Starrow

07-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yogurt is 7th View Post
This was two days ago when I admitted to being pretty toxic, how about you show me the logs of the ten games I played untoxic and was rewarded with 15 more, thats what I am more interested in...
Rofl.
You're toxic.
It doesn't matter if it was 1 game, and plus I can guarantee that you have been toxic in more than 1.
Get REKT.

AnonTwo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFS All is OP View Post
How about that full chat log and not just selectively quoting?
It doesn't matter, even if one person's a jerk you shouldn't be one in return.

Quote:
Are you seriously wondering why you're chat restricted?

Someone tells you exactly why you got it and you decide to insult them as well.

Starrow

07-23-2014

Quote:
I think you are cause you got tyrannosaurus REKT.
You thought you could get away; haha no.

Explorer

07-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by 480 KONG SQUAD View Post
Lol he was playing Vayne
you're lucky its only a chat restriction, you deserve a perma.
if you used your critical reading and thinking skills, you would see OP was mocking Vayne, ie: saying "herr derrr", as in making the Vayne sound slow in the head for farming.
not defending OP, you should just think before you speak.

480 KONG SQUAD

07-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
if you used your critical reading and thinking skills, you would see OP was mocking Vayne, ie: saying "herr derrr", as in making the Vayne sound slow in the head for farming.
not defending OP, you should just think before you speak.
You mean he let his team pick a freelo champion that has zero counterplay and he never once spoke against that?
Zero morals.

Steal Ur Wife

07-23-2014

Im not butthurt, he picked one game out of many, we all have those games, and picking just one and showing only what I was saying is just stupid because I wasnt the only one who was saying things like that. the people in game knew I was joking. selectively quoting makes it look like I was extremely toxic. I didnt get rekt by lyte this is just an example of him being a total jerk...

Starrow

07-23-2014

Quote:
Im not butthurt, he picked one game out of many, we all have those games, and picking just one and showing only what I was saying is just stupid because I wasnt the only one who was saying things like that. the people in game knew I was joking. selectively quoting makes it look like I was extremely toxic. I didnt get rekt by lyte this is just an example of him being a total jerk...
Joking my ass.

Dedrius

07-23-2014

Quote:
From what you've said in this post, you deserved to get Rekt by lyte.

Enjoy the chat ban

Quote:
the people in game knew I was joking
Yeah calling out your teammates for everything, saying how bad they are and that they are doing everything wrong is a great joke.

And Lyte is a boss for including you making a joke about him, he gets the last laugh this time ay?

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

07-23-2014
5 of 8 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezockary View Post
Hey Lyte, I don't know that this is the proper place to ask this, I just noticed you were here and figured I would ask.

What do you think about the impact that having a chat restricted player on your team has, in regards to lowering your chances of victory? I realize that they would be even lower if that person was cussing your team out, but I was wondering if anyone ever thought of preventing chat restricted players from playing ranked during the duration of their restriction.

Again, sorry if this is a poor choice of location to ask you this.
Actually, we find that many players never chat at all and only use smart pings and perform pretty well. For a large number of players, chat restrictions actually increases their win rates, because being verbally abusive to teammates tends to make the team's performance spiral negatively.

We have considered restricting players from playing Ranked if they currently have a penalty, RiotSocrates should have more information about this in the future.